I've Been Waiting to Smile

Chapter Five

Neche and I had a quiet dinner, which was strange because normally the two of us never shut up unless we’re asleep or in separate rooms. I figured either Kendall had told her he yelled at me, or she could just tell that I was upset and didn’t want to talk about it. The first time she said anything to me after coming home was when I was looking over a script my agent had emailed me asking if I was going to 2J’s Movie Night. I thought a moment and grabbed my phone when she went into her room to change.

C: Hey… Neche told me you guys are having a movie night.
L: Yea, we are.
C: Would it be alright with you if I joined in on it?
L: Caitlyn, it’s always fine with me for you to come over.

I smiled slightly to myself, before texting him back one final time. I put my computer on the coffee table and went off to my room to change as well. I put on some black sweats, and a skin tight purple spaghetti strap tank top. I put my socked feet into a pair of slippers and walked out of my room tying my hair up into a messy bun. Neche walked out of her room in her PJs as well.

“So you are going?” She laughed. I nodded and we left for 2J.

We got there in fifteen minutes, the door opened by Kendall. He said hello to Neche with a peck on the lips and gave me a smile and a nod, which I returned to let him know we were still cool. I walked inside the apartment to be greeted by Carlos, as well as James. They gave me a group hug, as if James hadn’t seen me earlier to day. As they pulled away my eyes fell on Logan who was holding out two large bowls of snacks. I smiled and waved shyly.

The whole group sat on the couches, the ones that used to be my bed right after my family had left. Everyone had tons of questions about my latest acting job and what I was looking into next. I told them about the script my agent sent me for a tv show that was about these kids in this boarding school on the west coast. It was a show meant for kids and teenagers but I was kinda into it.

“When are auditions?” Carlos asked.
“Next Friday so I’ve got a week to rehearse for any of the female roles,” I smiled. Logan smiled back at me, causing me to falter for a second and look down at the floor. Luckily, James noticed my nerves getting the best of me.
“How about we put on a movie now?” He said standing up and looking at all the rentals sitting at the breakfast bar. He grabbed the one off the top. “The Conjuring? Everyone loves a good horror movie.”

I gave him a wide-eyed looked. He knew damn well I hate horror movies. I situated myself in a spot on the couch between Logan and Carlos, while Kendall and Neche took the smaller of the two couches and James sat on the floor to start the movie. I watched most of the thing through my fingers, fell for every jump scare, and every loud instrumental burst. My heart was pounding a mile a minute. During one jump scare about halfway through the movie I instinctively grabbed Logan’s hand.

He didn’t say anything, and nor did I, not even when our hands got all clammy. Once the movie was over I let go. Carlos chose the next movie, Bad Teacher, which was great because it was a comedy, and it helped me relax from the Conjuring. Once that movie was done Kendall and Neche decided on some mushy romance movie that they ended up falling asleep in the middle of. The guys found this annoying and wanted to turn it off, but I was invested in it and stopped them. James and Carlos were poking fun at it Logan seemed genuinely into it like I was.

“Hey Cait, you going to do these kinds of roles someday?” James asked in the middle of a sex scene. I choked on my soda as the three boys looked at me, waiting for me to answer.
“I… I dunno. I doubt I’d be right for this kinda role,” I muttered looking down at my lap.
“Why’s that?” Carlos asked. I shrugged.
“Becuase it require two traits I don’t have, being sexy, and adorable,” I chuckled tucking a piece of hair behind my ear. I saw Logan look down and move his lips slightly but I didn’t hear what he said. I turned my attention back to the movie. “I mean, I’d consider it probably. I dunno, most of this movie is really cute, but I probably wont get any leads anytime soon.”

The movie continued on for another hour. Kendall and Neche woke up and went off to bed in his room, Carlos and James shortly following the trend. This left me and Logan alone to finish the movie. We had ended up sitting on the floor in a nest of blankets and pillows we had thrown down for comfort. Logan had his arm around me and I was laying my head on his chest. The movie ended but we were still awake and talking, about our summer, about his music, about my acting just anything until our eyelid’s started to get heavy.

“Did you and James hook up?” He asked sleepily. I laughed as I placed my hand on his chest as I snuggled into him.
“No… No, I mean.. we’ve kissed but that’s it and we’ve stopped,” I said. He rubbed my shoulder. “What were you saying during the movie? When James and Carlos asked if I’d ever do a role with a sex scene?”
“Oh um..” He said, he shifted around embarrassed. “Well, you are adorable and sexy… at least, I-I think you are.”
I blushed. I snuggled into him some more, wrapping my arms around his torso. He grabbed a blanket and threw it over the two of us.
“Thanks, Logan.” I said. He muttered a ‘no problem as he wrapped his arms around me and we fell asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ehhhhh
been a while
but
update check that out