I've Been Waiting to Smile

Chapter Six

I pounded on the door to 2J and then stooped against the wall to catch my breath. Kendall opened the door and looked at me with an eyebrow raised, but he let me in and handed me a glass of water. I downed it in one go and placed it on the sink while I took t seat at the breakfast bar.

“Sorry, I just got back from a run,” I said taking my headphones out of my ears and draping them around my neck. I heard a door shut and I looked over at the hallway where the bedrooms were and saw Logan walk out. I waved to him, smiling. “Hey.”
“So why were you pounding on our door?” Kendall asked. Logan returned my wave and went to make himself food, and I looked back to Kendall.

“Right, while I was on my run my agent called me about that show I auditioned for,” I told him, Logan now moved over by the sink to listen to me as well. I bit my bottom lip for a moment. “I got the role for the geeky supporting character, and the show’s going to be met more for teenagers and young adults than kids. So it’s going to deal with more mature themes. I’m a little nervous about that.”

Logan had finished making his sandwich and sat next to me giving me a one armed hug. He congratulated me and told me there was nothing I should be worried about, I’d be great. Kendall praised me as well before his phone buzzed and he was off to go meet with Neche for lunch. I asked him to pass on my great news to her.

“We should celebrate,” Logan said. I raised an eyebrow at him. “You got a role, you wanted that role right? That’s a victory, and we should celebrate it.”
“And how exactly do you want us to celebrate?” I laughed. Chewing his sandwich he thought it over.
“Dinner,” he said. “And maybe a movie, if you’re up for it. My treat for Hollywood’s new up and coming.”
“Dinner sound’s great,” I said hopping off the bar stool and walking backward towards the door.
“I’ll see you at six then,” he smiled.