I've Been Waiting to Smile

Chapter Seven

“Thank’s so much for the ride Celeste, See you in two weeks!” I called to my co star as I climbed out of her car. I waved as she drove away before walking into the Palm Woods.
I tossed my keys on the coffee table and the hopped over the couch for a nap. I was laying down for barely two minutes before Neche came out of her room putting on shoes.

“Oh, you’re home!” she said. I looked her up and down.
“Date with Kendall?” I questioned sitting up. She nodded an apologized to me saying that if she had known I’d be home she’d eat dinner with me. I shrugged, I was too tired from work plus her and Kendall are totally sweet and both have jam packed schedules usually. She finished putting in her earrings and fixed her hair before she sat next to me.

“I know you don’t care, but I feel bad your first night off in a month and I’m leaving you alone? That seems unfair,” she said.
“It’s totally cool, go out with your boyfriend, if I get bored I’ll call James or something,” I said.
“Do you mean Logan?” She asked in a sing song voice. I mulled it over and then shook my head. He probably wouldn’t want to hang out with me anyway. Neche went on to babble about something, probably Kendall related. I was too busy thinking about Logan.

The last time I even had a conversation with him was the night we went out for that celebratory dinner, the day I got the role in the show. We went to a nice, family styled diner, ate some burgers and fries, split a milkshake and walked around for a while. He brought me to our Frozen yogurt shop. We at froyo outside, joking and laughing and talking in general. That’s a thing I liked about Logan, he was easy to talk to.

We even walked all the way back to the Palmwoods and around the Park behind it. Our hands were clasped together, and when I started to shiver he put his cardigan around me and we walked inside. We rode the elevator, something I don’t usually do, when we got to his floor Logan stood in front of me and gently pecked my lips. The doors opened as he was backing out and saying good night to me.

Since then I’d been so busy prepping and shooting and rehearsing for the show. I’d barely a minute at home in months that wasn’t spent sleeping. I hardly had any downtime on the set, I thought I was going to be a secondary character, but i was more of a main one. Any of my time that was spent sleeping was spent on set, or reading scripts or rehearsing with Co-stars.

I didn’t snap out of my thoughts until I heard Neche yell bye and the door shut. I jumped at the noise and looked around. Silence. I walked into our kitchen and looked around for food. Clearly, Neche hadn’t done much shopping, I could barely find anything to eat. Plus I didn’t feel much like cooking anything. I went into the bathroom and filled the bath. I tied up my hair, poured in some bubble soap, lit a scented candle. Playing some music on my phone I slipped into the bath and closed my eyes. It was nice to relax, but still the emptiness was something I had grown unaccustomed to. I sighed and grabbed my phone.