I've Been Waiting to Smile

Chapter Eight

It was about forty minutes before there was another knock at the door. I walked over in a clean pair of black sweats and a navy green camisole, and opened it. Logan stood outside the door holding a box of pizza. I smiled and let him in.

“Thanks for hanging out with me, and on such short notice too,” I chuckled as he set the pizza on the coffee table. He looked at me and shrugged.
“Oh it’s not big deal Cait, I just had to cancel my date with the cute new actress turning singer I met at Rocque Records,” he said. My face fell and He laughed. “I’m kidding, about the date I mean. We did met a cute actress trying to break in to music but James is on a date with her.”

I chuckled and looked down at my feet, feeling heat come to my face. Logan tilted his head to look at me, asking if I was okay.

“Yea, I’m fine, I just… would you cancel plans with someone else to hang out with me?” I asked in disbelief. He nodded. “You know you don’t have to do that, especially not after a month where I never talked to you.”
“Caitlyn, you’re starting a career in Hollywood. I understand you’re going to be busy, so busy it’s going to be hard to talk to me sometimes, hell when I’m on tour it’ll be hard for you to get a hold of me even,” He said. He pulled me into a tight hug. “It doesn’t matter if you’re busy or not, there’s no other girl I’d want to hang out with over you. Okay?”

I nodded against his chest, and breathed in his.. was that cologne? Logan sat me down on the couch, grabbed me a napkin to use as a plate and asked what we should watch. I picked out some rom-com that was laying around our apartment. Logan sat at the other end of the couch and we began to eat and watch. Somewhere half way through the movie Logan and I stopped paying attention. We were curled up on the one end of the couch, finished our pizza, just talking.

“So you guys are working on another album?” I asked. He nodded.
“We’re probably going to leave on tour soon too,” he replied. I noticed he was playing with the ends of my hair as I laid my head on his chest. I snuggled into him.
“I’m gonna miss you… and y’know the rest of the guys.”
“I’m gonna miss you too… and Neche,” he chuckled. 

I laughed along with him as he wrapped his arms around me so I wouldn’t fall off the couch. We were silent for a few minutes, the only noise in the apartment was the movie, where the leads had broken up or something. It wasn’t an uncomfortable silence, in fact it was very comforting. I slowly situated myself so I could look at Logan.

“Before you go we should have a party,” I suggested. He told me they usually had a free show down by the pool for all of the Palm Woods. “Well, I mean like Me and Nech and all the rest of the guys… or.. I dunno.. maybe just you and me. We could grab Froyo from our secret place.”
“Cailtyn Roberts, correct me if I’m wrong,” he said giving me a goofy confused look. “Are you asking me on a date?” 

I smiled, and shook my head saying I wouldn’t be able to go until I got a day off from filming again which could be another month or so. Logan thought it over in his head and asked why we didn’t just go now. I laughed.

“I’m in my pyjamas,” I giggled. Logan shrugged saying I looked like any other beautiful teenage girl who was making a late night froyo run. I blushed as he called me beautiful and his my face in his chest. “Alright, let’s go.’

——————————

Logan gave me the hoodie he was wearing and we walked hand in hand. When we got to the FroYo place we split an extra large Strawberry FroYo. We ate and talked on our way back, playing some sort of lame version of twenty questions. He would ask me how the show was going, and when it was airing. I would ask him how recording was. I took a bite for froyo and looked at Logan.

“When does your album come out?”
“Next month, and we’ll probably leave for tour at least two weeks after,” he said. I bit my lip. “What? Is something wrong?”
“I… What if I don’t get time off before you leave?” I asked. He wrapped an arm around my waist.
“Hey, if that happens, it’s okay. I’m having a good time with you tonight,” he said. “Plus we can face time and call, and all of that while I’m on tour.”

I nodded still looking down at my feet. As we made our way back to the Palm Woods Park Logan got me to lighten up a bit, and even laugh. I leaned against him, completely exhausted from our adventure, plus the entire day of filming. We got back to my apartment and quickly tidied up so the place wouldn’t look like a mess when Kendall and Neche got back. I leaned against my bedroom door as Logan walked over.

“You should go get some rest, and I should probably be heading back to 2J,” he said, but wasn’t acting like someone who wanted to leave yet. He was standing way too close to me. I nodded, my eyes darting from his, to his lips.
“Yea… we probably should,” I chuckled. “Or..”

And then I kissed him. I placed my hand on the side of his head and pulled him close as he kissed me back, pulling my waist.

And then I reached a hand down to open my bedroom door.
♠ ♠ ♠
Cailtyn's Playlist:

Parallel- Heffron Drive