Status: Will update, when I can (:

Not Just Fantasy

Chapter 9

“What?” I asked, blinking multiple times at the sudden sentence.

“Come with us. Come with me.” He grinned and took my hand, getting me out of bed and I let go of him.

“I—I can’t. I have work tomorrow.” I replied, crossing my arms over my chest. To be completely honest I wanted to go, but this just wasn’t a dream it was real life, it was happening and the thought of it, the thought of being able to travel to space and time scared me.

“But it’s a time machine! You can leave and be back just before work! Or even better, leave, come back and it would be like you never left and you still can get your hours of sleep.” The Doctor replied.
His companions peaked from inside the TARDIS.

“You’ll have to say yes or he’ll never leave.” Amy said making me laugh. “She’s right.” Rory added.
I shook my head and took in a deep breath. “You promise me we’ll be back before I go to work?”

“I promise.” The Doctor said his right hand at the same height as his head. “So is that a yes?” I smiled as I nodded my head. “Great!” He exclaimed taking my hand in his again and pulling me into the TARDIS.

“New York, HERE WE GO!” He said as he pulled and pushed buttons and levers in the console of the TARDIS, I just smiled since I knew this place from my dreams but knowing it was real was so much better.

“You might want to hold on to something.” Rory said and I held tight to one of the tubes.

“GERONIMOOOOOOOOOO!” The Doctor exclaimed excited and looking at the three of us.

The TARDIS began making the noise, that noise that was slightly weird but so unique and I felt my legs trembling as everything began moving slightly.

[3rd Person POV]

As the TARDIS began to slowly disappear, Tom had entered the room after listening you talking to someone and the screaming and excitement of some words being said. He saw the blue box slowly disappearing in the middle of your bedroom. He blinked harshly a couple of times trying to make sure that neither his vision nor brain were playing tricks on him. They weren’t.

“Oh my god.” He whispered as the box was completely gone.

[1st person POV]

I was wandering around the TARDIS’ console room, not touching anything of course. I didn’t want to make something wrong, press the wrong button and probably leave us handing in some black hole or something even worse. “Where are we going?” I asked The Doctor.

“New York.” He replied with a smile. “Have you been to New York before, Scarlett Miller?”

“Actually yes I have, a couple years ago with my cousin.” I answered. “But I loved it so I’m happy I can join you in your trip.” He smiled.

The TARDIS made the noise again, letting us know that we had landed safely.

“Why does it make that noise?” I inquired.

“It’s not supposed to make that noise, The Doctor leaves the brakes on.” Amy chuckled and I laughed.

“Oi! It’s a brilliant noise.” He said and walked to the door opening it. “Breathe that in. Smell of pretzels and hot dogs and other American things.” He added.

The four of us left the TARDIS, walked through Central Park until we finally found a spot in a big rock where The Doctor pulled out some stuff I didn’t notice he was carrying.

“I’m gonna go buy a pretzel.” I said to the ‘gang’. The Doctor and Amy were sitting as he pulled out a book and began reading just as Amy began reading something else and Rory was just looking around. I left them to buy a pretzel and then wander around the park.

“Don’t wander off, or at least not that much, Scarlett.” The Doctor said.

“Yeah, don’t worry. I know the way back.” I replied.

[3rd person POV, from here is mostly The Angels Take Manhattan episode, bits and pieces]

About 20 minutes had passed since Scarlett had left The Doctor and his companions alone in that big
rock and Central Park was big enough, so she decided to explore the whole park.

“New York growled at my window, but I was ready for it. My stocking seams were straight, my lipstick was combat ready, and I was packing cleavage that cold feel an ox at twenty feet.” The Doctor read.

“Doctor, you’re doing it again.” Amy whispered as he was back to back with her.

“I’m reading!” He replied.

“Aloud, please could you not?” She asked.

“There’s something different about you, isn’t there?”

“What’s the book?” Rory asked.

“Melody Malone. She’s a private detective in old town New York.” The Doctor said and Amy
continued… “She’s got ice in her heart and a kiss on her lips, and a vulnerable side she keeps well hidden.”

“Oh, you’ve read it?” The Doctor kept a smile on his face.

“You read it. Aloud.” She remarked. “And then went yowzah!”

“Only you could fancy someone in a book” Rory said.

“I’m just reading it, I just liked the cover.” The Doctor defended.

“Ooo, can we see the cover?” Amy said, teasing him.

“No, no., I’m busy. It’s your hair! Is it your hair?” He said changing the topic.

“Oh, shut up. It’s the glasses. I’m wearing reading glasses now, on my nose, see?” She said
motioning to the glasses she was wearing. “There you go.”

“I don’t like them. They make your eyes look all liney. No, actually sorry. They’re fine. Carry on.”

“Okay,” Rory said noticing the weird situation The Doctor was getting in. “I’m going to go and get us
some more coffe. Who wants more coffee? Me too, I’ll go!”

“Rory,” Amy called, “do I have noticeable lines on my eyes now?”

“Yes.” The Doctor said. “No.” Rory replied.

“You didn’t look.” Amy said looking at Rory.

“I—I noticed them earlier. Didn’t notice them. I specifically remember not noticing them.” He stuttered a bit mid-sentence, giving him time to re-think what he was saying that probably he was messing up a
lot.

“You walk among fire pits, Centurion.” Amy said.

“Do I have to come over there?” He asked standing a bit far from The Doctor and Amy.

“You can if you like.” Amy responded. “Well we have company.” He said.

“I’ll get a babysitter.” She joked. Amy and Rory shared a small kiss.

“Oh, do you know it is so humiliating when you do that.” The Doctor complained like if he was a child.

“Coffee?” Rory asked again.

“Coffee.” Amy replied and Rory went on his quest to buy coffee.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hello guys, sorry for taking so long to update. I've been kind of thinking of other stories and making them up in my mind and that kind of stuff but here finally is the 9th Chapter to this one (: so I hope you like it and I hope you're still enjoying the story, thanks for reading it. Means a lot! (:

Disclaimer: I do not own Doctor Who or any of the characters in this story, only Scarlett Miller.