In The Name Of

Chapter Thirteen

~Kat’s P.O.V~

Everything was going fine until Matt took Loren a little ways down the beach, and that is when all hell broke loose with those two. Loren seems to me like a level headed girl for a mother of a two year old, and if you ask me that girl has a lot of patience. With my arms across my chest my eyes were becoming cold, I knew Matt was the curious type but not the push your buttons till you leave.

“I didn’t do anything,” Matt told me.

“Oh really? If you didn’t do anything then why did Loren take Adrianne home huh?” I told him, Casey walked over with Brian and looked at Matt and placed her hands on her hips.

“All I wanted to know was the story behind Adrianne,”

Casey’s eyes went wide and she looked like she was going to pop Matt in the mouth, Matt really needs to learn to choose his words wisely.

“Well did she tell you the story behind her daughter?” I asked him.

“Yes, and she flipped her lid on me,” matt said as he rubbed the side of his face.

“Well I wonder why? That isn’t a easy subject for her to talk about Matt Loren hasn’t really talked about the fact that she is seventeen and has a two year old.” Casey butted in. I watched as Brian pulled her back against his chest and kissed her cheek softly, I could see the anger in Casey’s eyes.

“I got the story I really don’t need you telling me the facts…” Matt sighed.

“Matt you need to learn when a girl says that she doesn’t want to talk about a certain topic you don’t fucking pressure her into talking about it.” I told him, I could tell that Matt felt horrible and that he should, Loren looked like she was having a good time and I could tell that Adrianne was having a good time too.

“I was curious,” Matt sighed.

“Curiosity killed the cat…and you really messed u big time do you want to know why?” I told him.

“Why Kat?”

I looked Matt in the eye and then looked at Brian and Casey and then to all the other teen couples that go to the gang’s school.

“Your prom is coming up pretty damn quick, and if-” I was cut off.

“Loren isn’t going to go with you now! You fucked up big time…” Casey growled trying to get out of Brian’s grip.

“What do you mean she won’t go with me?”

“Matt, you pissed her off. She didn’t want to tell you.” I told him wrapping my arms around my stomach.

“Is it to much to ask that I at least know something about my girlfriends past? Maybe I wasn’t comfortable with a two year old calling me daddy when I didn’t even know who she was?” Matt told us, I could tell that his honesty was coming out. It’s understandable really, if you really think hard about it he wanted to know about Lorens life and it was shocking that a two year old called him daddy.

“If you didn’t like the fact that Adrianne called you daddy don’t play along with her! You were playing with little Rae‘s heart and head!” Casey butted in one more time.

“Babe, lets go get some thing to drink and we can let Kat talk with Matt. Come on…” Brian took Casey away from Matt and I, I watched as I see Matt kick sand around.

“You really can’t do that to a little girl Matt, or even Loren…”

“It’s not like I was doing it on purpose or anything. I wanted to know…”

“Wanting to know and having the right to know is different…there is a fine line between those two.” I told him and then I see Jimmy pull up, he got out of the car and walked over to us looking at Matt he shook his head.

“Dude you pissed her off big time, she wouldn’t talk the whole ride to her place and Adrianne was upset too…” Jimmy told his friend softly. Matt sighed and turned away walking back up the ocean shore, I sighed and took a hold of Jimmy’s hand.

“He was curious…” I told him.

“I don’t think he understands that he probably just fucked up the best thing that will ever happen to him. And I think it’s going to take a lot to get back in Lorens good graces…” Jimmy sighed kissing the top of my head.