In The Name Of

Chapter Twenty- eight

I guess Casey and the girls are coming over so we can have a girl’s night, dad is working a lot more so it isn’t a problem. Also I know that Adrianne seeing Kat will make her happy and maybe for once she will smile for real. While I was making macaroni and cheese for Adrianne’s dinner there came a familiar knock and in walks all the girls.

“We brought coffee!” Jesse laughed. “And a pink bubble gum Italian soda for a lucky little girl,” she continued. O knew that the Italian soda was Casey’s doing, because when ever the two of us go out for coffee and we have Adrianne she always gets a bubble gum Italian soda. She doesn’t like the fruit one…which is weird because she likes fruit. Oh well enough of that.

I walked out and smiled a soft smile taking the coffee from Kat.

“Where’s Adrianne?” Jessie asked softly.

I took a drink and gave a relaxing sigh. “She in the living room watching her My Little Pony movie,” I told her.

Casey nodded and walked into the living room where she saw little Adrianne cuddled up with her fuzzy purple blanket. Her eyes were fixated on the screen; I smiled as I saw her cute face light up as she saw the pale pink drink in Casey’s hand.

“For me?” Adrianne asked. Casey nodded and handed her the drink, a smile appeared to grow larger as the rest of the group joined on the couch. Adrianne was drinking her drink happily and her eyes were still glued on the screen and I had a feeling that tonight was going to be a good night.

“Hey do you smell something burning?” Kat asked as she ran her fingers through Adrianne’s hair.

“Shit!” I yelled as I ran into the kitchen. “I…burned Rae’s dinner…”I sighed. Great I just burned Adrianne’s dinner how do you burn macaroni and cheese honestly? I don’t feel good…and to top it all off I feel like a bitch because I didn’t see the guys off and yes that means Matt too. I understand now that I was being way to immature, and I think the girls could tell.

“Loren, lets just order in or something? Thai sound good?” Casey asked as she took the burnt food off of the burner.

“Can’t,” I told her.

“Why?”

I looked up at her and smiled a soft nearly unnoticeable smile “You can’t order Thai without Tom you know that case,” I told her. She laughed and nodded we both new that without Tom there would be no Thai.
“Then we will just have to save Tommy boy some now won’t we?” She smiled.

I nodded and wrapped my arm around Casey and smiled. “So have you told Alex that he is going to be an uncle?”

“No but I will,”

I laughed and then looked down at Adrianne holding a empty cup. “Mama all done,” Adrianne smiled.

Kat and Jessie both laughed. “She didn’t even stop to breathe,” Jessie smiled.

“She liked it,” Kat said as she took the empty cup from Adrianne.

“She loves them,” I told them as I took her in my arms and kissed her cheek. “Don’t you?”

She nodded and snuggled close to me and sighed her small hand resting on my chest. Soon and hour or two passed and Adrianne went down to bed after she ate her fill of Chinese food. We talked amongst one another…well Kat, Jessie and Casey did I didn’t really have anything to say. They were talking about how much they missed the guys it would have been nice of me to say.

‘Hey guys have a really good tour okay?’ But no, I was being too childish to even do that. I guess that Kat noticed that I was being a little distant so she snapped Casey out watching a music video.

“Loren are you okay?” Casey asked softly taking a drink of her water with a hint of lemon juice. I looked at her then back at the TV and sighed.

“No…” I whispered. Kat scooted closer to me and wrapped her arm around my shoulder and Casey then did the same thing.

“What’s the matter Loren?” Casey asked softly. I didn’t even know how to put it in words, everything is going wrong.

“You miss Matt…”Jessie spoke softly.

It took me a little while before I was able to answer. “Yes…” I sighed resting my head on Casey’s shoulder. “I let my past get the better of me…” Kat stroked my head softly she is going to make a very good mother when her baby comes. I sniffled and sighed. “I don’t want to cry,”

Jessie took a hold of my hand and squeezed it gently. “It’s okay to cry Loren…” I shook my head and looked at her.

“I don’t want to hurt anymore,” I told her softly.

Casey kissed my cheek and sighed. “Loren you are strong but you need to understand that people aren’t always out to hurt you or little Adrianne,”

I looked at her and nodded. Kat looked in my eyes and smiled a soft smile I knew right then and there why Jimmy liked her.

“Matt would never mean to hurt you or your daughter, he loves Adrianne like she was his own…” Kat told me softly.

“And isn’t that what you want? Don’t you want Adrianne to have a daddy?” Casey whispered softly in my ear.

“Yes…he is her daddy…” I sniffled.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well here you go.
See loren is being more mature now that time is passing.