In The Name Of

Chapter Six

~Loren's P.O.V~

Casey and I were walking back to my house, the only thing that was running through my head was Matthew Sanders and asking me to his senior prom. Sure, seniors can ask anyone to prom but I would never even think that he would ask me. If you ask me, I really thought he only talked to me because he felt sorry for me. I know that is really pathetic of me but it's what I thought and you can't really blame me. I mean Matt goes out with some pretty gorgeous woman, he has the looks to and well if you look at me I'm kind of plain.

“So...Loren what did you say?” Casey asked me as I walked up the stairs to my house and we walked in and the smell of my fathers cooking filled the air.

“I said yes...” I answered her.

“You said yes to what babe' girl?” My father asked me as he walked out of the kitchen wiping his hand on a dingy dish towel he smiled at Casey and we both took off out bags and set them on the floor next to the front door.

“Oh..I just got asked on a date.” I told my father with an angelic like smile on my face. It must be hard to be a single father to a teenage girl. I know a few people that are mothers and they are teens and it's pretty stressful, but they always tell me that it's worth it in the end. And, to tell you the truth I have to agree with them.

“Oh...really?” My father asked me in that fatherly tone of voice that all daughters hate to hear. “And who is this boy?” My father asked, and just when I was about to answer him I heard a very familiar voice hit my ears.

“mama!” A sweet voice called to me, I smiled and knelled to the the height of the little voice and scooped her small body up in my arms kissing her cheeks and stand up hold my little girl in my arms. Yes, I am a single mother...that is another reason why I can't believe Matt asked me to prom I mean who would want to take a mom to prom? My father smiled brightly and leaned in and kissed Adrianne lightly on the cheek.

“Hello princess,” He smiled. I love my father, he didn't flip out when I told him I was pregnant he told me that he was disappointed that I wouldn't be smart enough to use protection. But other then that he has been an amazing help, along with Casey and Emma. It was my first Rave, I wasn't even old enough to go and the guy I went with wasn't who I thought he was. We ended up doing the 'do' as Casey and I like to say it and then next thing I no I'm pregnant with a beautiful baby girl.

I just hope Matt thinks so too....
♠ ♠ ♠
It's short but it's getting some where.