Status: Finished 10/28/13.

Salvation

I Love You

When I finally took Matt to meet my father on the Fourth of July, he was a bit nervous, but a complete gentleman; he liked him immediately. While Matt was starting up the car, my dad talked to me at our kitchen table.

"You know, I like him more than I ever liked Tom."

"Really?"

"There was just something off with him. With Matt, I don't see anything bad about him. He seems like a genuine guy who loves you to death."

I smiled.

"I don't think I ever loved Tom as much as I do Matt."

"That is very easy to see, sweetie."

I blushed.

The weddings that summer were amazing and Matt just may have been the best dancer out there and I gotta say a number of people were jealous, especially all the grooms; to say it was hilarious would be an understatement.

"It's time for you two to get married already." Brooks' wife whispered.

Her and Brooks just did their slow dance and sat down next to me. I loved that she was saying this and we've only been together about six months.

"You do we've been dating for only six months, right?" I asked laughing.

"You said you live for crazy."

I don't know how I keep forgetting this.

"Hi baby." he said kissing me five minutes later.

"Hi."

"Are you enjoying yourself?"

"Of course. Just like the past two weddings this summer."

"Shoulda known."

"Yes. You should have."

That's when he began tickling me.

"Stop it, Matty! Stop!" I said pushing me.

We were alone at that point.

"Nope."

"Matt! Do you not wanna get laid tonight?" I whispered.

"Okay. I'll stop."

"You can have your hands on me tonight."

He smirked and kissed me.

"I love you."

"I love you too."

Come late September, I couldn't believe it had been a year since that night I met Matt. I just wish the night hadn't been tumultuous when we had that chance meeting. I can't believe I hated him, that I wanted my attacker to kill me because now, I can't even imagine life without him. This Friday night, I know there will be no drama getting dinner since Matt's picking me up from the studio. Five minutes after class was over, I heard him knock on the door.

"Come in!"

He opened the door and walked toward me as I was drinking from my water bottle.

"Hi Haley." he said kneeling beside me.

"How was your day?"

He shrugged.

"Okay. I guess. I just practiced for a while today."

Only five days earlier, the NHL issued a Lockout till the players and the League agree on a new CBA(Collective Bargaining Agreement). To say he was bummed out, would be an understatement. I made a face and kissed him.

"It's good now." he said smiling.

I smiled back.

"So, what do we have planned?"

"I was thinking of ordering in and watching a movie or two."

"I love that plan."

Once I had my belongings, he wrapped an arm around my shoulders and we made our way out of the studio.

"I think I'm gonna shower. You go ahead and order whatever. You know what I like."

"Will do. Have a good shower!"

After my shower, I was more relaxed and ready to eat. I walked into the kitchen to find him getting something out of the fridge.

"What are you doing?" I asked as he shut the door and walked into our dining area.

I walked in to find plates and utensils on the table and Chinese food still in their containers. He pulled out a chair for me as he watched the confused look on my face. I was in the shower for fifteen minutes and dressed in less than five. We never have Chinese food delivered...ever. What in the world is going on?

"Matt?" I asked once I sat down.

"Yeah?"

"I'm confused."

"Confused about what?"

I rubbed my eyes and sighed.

Really? You're gonna play dumb with your girlfriend?

In those few seconds, he had moved from where he was sitting to kneeling right in front of me.

Oh. My. God.

I gasped and covered my mouth as he took my left hand in his.

"I could've never predicted us being together after what happened that night, but here we are now, we've made it each other better and therefore, we're stronger than we once were. You've turned my whole world upside down and I can't imagine life without you. Haley Anna Saunders, will you marry me?

What a way to surprise someone. I removed my hand from my mouth, took a breath and nodded.

"Yes! Of course I will!" I said tearing up.

He slipped on the gorgeous ring and picked me up and spun me around allthewhile kissing me.

"I love you." I said still teary.

"I love you, too." he said wiping my tears.

"How long have you been planning this?"

"Maybe a week. I knew you'd be confused about the food and it'd be enough for me to get down on one knee and pop the question. I know it's not overly romantic..."

"It's perfect. I love you. That day was horrible and this one, well...it may be the best day of my life."

He smiled and kissed me again.

"I love you, too."

"Let's get down on our elegant dinner. Shall we?" I asked clinking our glasses of soda.

"Yes. We shall."

After laughing for a second, I took a sip before getting food out. We did get to movie-watching, but that didn't last very long; we only got through one movie. We laid several minutes later naked and covered in sweat; I couldn't feel greater than I was right at this moment. A hand gently and slowly traveled up and down my back causing me to smile and giggle along with giving me goosebumps. I snuggled my head into his chest and got more comfortable. I raised my left hand and took another look at the beautiful ring on my ring finger and thought about how it'd only be a matter of months till I'd be his and he'd be mine forever.