Status: Finished 10/28/13.

Salvation

Forever Starts Now

Today's finally the day of Matt and I's wedding. We're having an outdoor wedding in Pittsburgh on the first Saturday in July. It couldn't be a more perfect or beautiful day to get married. The only thing I hate about today is that my mom isn't here to watch her little girl get married. I know she's here in spirit, but still, I'd much rather have her in physical form. My heart's pounding a mile a minute and I'm not even walking down the aisle yet. At least, I'm not tearing up yet. I certainly don't need to fix my make-up.

"How are you feeling?" James' sister, Rebecca asked.

"Like my heart's gonna come out of my chest." I said laughing.

She laughed.

"I can't even imagine how he's feeling right now. I mean, he loves you to death, thinks you're the most beautiful woman in the world. And once you walk down that aisle in your dress?" she said shaking her head at the end.

I smiled and looked down at the ground.

"You look so beautiful, Haley." my dad said ten minutes later.

"Thank you, Daddy." I said kissing his cheek.

"Don't mention it. I bet your mom is thinking the same thing."

"I bet she is too."

The music just started to play.

"Ready?"

"Ready as I'll ever be."

He smiled and wrapped my arm around his before I began the march down the aisle. My heart pounded even more and I teared up walking down the aisle; Matt stood tall and proud, but I knew he was getting teary and had to catch his breath the second he saw me. When my dad finally placed my hand in his, I kissed his cheek and let him go.

"Hi." he mouthed.

"Hi." I mouthed back.

Seeing a tear in my eye, he graciously wiped it away.

"We're here today to unite Matthew Norman Niskanen and Haley Anna Saunders in holy matrimony...

Keep it going.

"Would the groom like to recite his vows?"

And the heart keeps on pounding.

"Haley, I wasn't expecting for you to like me after that reaction you gave me that night, but you did and I'm thankful. Chances are that I would've never met you and I don't even like thinking about that. That day I finally kissed you, I thought I was cheesy, but you loved it. The way I proposed, I thought it wasn't that romantic, but you loved it. It just makes me love you more than I already do. I don't even know how that's possible. I can't wait to be married to you for the rest of my life. I love you. I'll love you till the day I die and after that."

Oh my God. How am I even breathing right now?

"Would the bride like to recite her vows?"

How am I even able to speak right now?

"I hated the night when you saved my life, but I wouldn't be right here, right now. I was in a fragile state of mind. I was ready to leave this world, but clearly, it wasn't my time. I'm ever thankful for you, not for only loving me, but saving my life because I would never have met you and I can't fathom that. I really can't. You've accepted my flaws and loved me every single day despite that. I just love you for that. I love you for being you. You may be cheesy sometimes, but I love it. I love everything about you and can't wait to be married to you for the rest of my life."

A few tears ran down my face.

"...by the power invested in me, I now pronounce you man and wife. You may kiss the bride."

And boy, did he kiss me.

"I love you." he said.

"I love you, too." I said tearing up.

Then, we kissed again.

"I now welcome, Mr. and Mrs. Matthew Niskanen!"

I had never been this happy in my entire life. Where we had the reception couldn't have been more beautiful. When it came for my brother to do his toast, I had already prepared myself for what he was gonna say. I knew that it was gonna be emotional, but the question was how emotional?

"Matt, I'm forever indebted to you for what you did all those nights ago. I had a bad feeling that if you weren't there, she wouldn't be here right now...

I took Matt's hand and he squeezed my hand. I moved closer to him. My brother's making me tear up already.

"I had never seen her this happy since before our mother died. Thank you for bringing back my little sister. I don't ever see her being unhappy again...

I laid my head on his shoulder and he rubbed his thumb over my hand over and over again.

"I couldn't be happier and prouder to have you as a brother. I have no worries about you protecting her and know that you're someone I can always trust. Congrats! Cheers!"

Glasses were clinked and Matt kissed me.

"I love you." I said.

"I love you too."

When the music began to play for our first dance, I teared up and kept my hold on him while he held me closer. Amazed by Lonestar was one of my favorite songs and the fact that he remembers that makes me melt.

Every time our eyes meet
This feeling inside me
Is almost more than I can take
Baby, when you touch me
I can feel how much you love me
And it just blows me away
I've never been this close to anyone, anything
I can hear your thoughts
I can see your dreams

I don't know how you do what you do
I'm so in love with you
It just keeps getting better
I wanna spend the rest of my life
With you by my side
Forever and ever
Every little thing that you do
Baby, I'm amazed by you

The smell of your skin
The taste of your kiss
The way you whisper in the dark
Your hair all around me
Baby, you surround me
You touch every place in my heart
Oh, it feels like the first time, every time
I wanna spend the whole night in your eyes

I don't know how you do what you do
I'm so in love with you
It just keeps getting better
I wanna spend the rest of my life
With you by my side
Forever and ever
Every little thing that you do
Baby, I'm amazed by you

Every little thing that you do
I'm so in love with you
It just keeps getting better
I wanna spend the rest of my life
With you by my side
Forever and ever
Every little thing that you do
Oh, every little thing that you do
Baby, I'm amazed by you


Not even a year later, our first child came into the world. Our bundle of joy was named after his amazing father. Little Matty couldn't be cuter and more like his father. When our daughter was born two-and-a-half years later, I named her after my mom. Little Miss Kaylee Anna Niskanen looks a lot like me when I was little and couldn't be more of a delight to be around. Who knew over five-and-a-half years later, I'd be this happy, this in love with a wonderful husband and two beautiful children. To this day, I can't even remember why I wanted to die and why I hated him the second I saw him. I just remember that I'm thankful for him and our children every single day of my life.
♠ ♠ ♠
I loved writing this! I think it's so beautiful.