Big Changes

010:

Chapter Ten
Three days had past, it was Saturday and Mary and I had met all of our roommates. We had Kasey, a blonde bossy girl from Illinois that was kind of mean at times, especially to our other roommate Melanie. Melanie was a small and quiet girl from a small town three hours away from Philadelphia. She didn’t say much, but she was nice enough for me to like her.

My alarm went off at eight and I ran into Mary’s room and jumped onto her bed, “Get up! Get up! It’s time to see the guys!”

“Boys!” Mary yelled and shot up from her bed. We laughed and then I got out of her bed, “What are you wearing? Shit, I need to shower!”

“Call it!” I yelled and then ran out of the room and headed towards my room for my shower catty, but by the time that I got to the bathroom, the door was slamming closed and I heard Mary laughing on the other side of the door.

“Sucker!” Mary yelled and I heard the water running.

I cursed and then sulked back to my room and decided to use the time to decide what I was going to wear to the rink. As I was going through my clothes, it hit me, I didn’t know if the guys were going to be at the Igloo or Southpointe. I texted Sidney and he answered by telling me that they were going to be at Southpointe.

I stood in front of my closet for at least fifteen minutes and got nothing accomplished. Mary walked into my room with her towel wrapped around her and looked at me, “Confused?”

“I don’t know what to wear.”

“Same, isn’t it going to be cold there?”

“Yeah, I think I might wear jeans and a tank, but wear a hoodie,” I said and Mary nodded her head. I grabbed my shower catty and ran towards the bathroom and took my shower.

-Sidney-
“What time is Kay getting here?” Jordan asked and I looked at my watch and saw it was almost ten.

“She should be here soon,” I said and he nodded his head.

“She knows to come to Southepointe?” Pascal asked and I nodded my head, “All right.”

“Look who I found lost in the hall?” we heard and turned our heads to see Coach walking into the room with Mckayla behind him and another girl behind her.

“Kay!” Jordan yelled and shot up, shirtless, and ran over towards her. He wrapped his arms around her, picked her up off the ground and hugged her tight, “I missed you!”

“Hi Jordan,” she giggled, “Put some clothes on.”

“Kay’s here?” I heard Max ask as he poked his head into the locker room from Doc’s office, “Kay!”

“Hi Max!” Mckayla smiled brightly and then ran over towards Pascal and practically jumped him, “Uncle P!”

“Hey kid! How are you?” he chuckled and hugged his niece.

I looked back towards the door at the girl that came with Mckayla, she looked a little starstruck, just frozen in the doorway staring at us. Jordan was standing shirtless still, in front of her, waving his hand in front of her face.

“Hey Kay,” I called and Mckayla looked over towards me.

“Sidney!” she smiled and ran over towards me and hugged me.

“Hey, I missed you too!” I chuckled and hugged her back.

“Hey Kay!” Jordan called and Mckayla looked back towards him, “Is your friend all right?”

“Mary?” Mckayla left my arms and walked over towards her friend, “Jordan, go away and put a shirt on, she’s in shock!”

“Yeah, I have that effect on people,” he said and I scoffed.

Mckayla finally managed to get her friend to come back down to Earth and she was really excited to be there.

“So this is the Rangers fan?” Marc asked and Mckayla nodded her head and the girl started to mutter something to Mckayla. Whatever it was, Mckayla giggled and nodded her head and then looked over towards Jordan.

“I told you,” she said and the girl smiled brightly.

“So, what’s this pretty girl’s name?” Max asked as he walked over towards her and wrapped his arm around her neck.

“M-Mary,” she said and I almost laughed at how nervous and excited she was.

-Mckayla-
The boys were on the ice practicing and Mary and I were watching. We leaned against the boards and watched as the boys sore on the ice. Coach was giving orders when I decided to jump over the board and park my butt on the top, having my legs dangle on the side.

When the boys finished, Mary had left to find the bathroom. Sidney skated over towards me as the guys started to skate off the ice.

“You guys looked really good out there,” I smiled and Sidney smirked and nodded his head.

“I know right,” he said and I giggled, “We still have a while to go until we’re well enough,” Sidney said and then moved in front of me and leaned against my legs, “It’s good to see you again.”

“It’s good to see you too,” I smiled and watched as Sidney took his helmet off and then ran his hand through his hair, “You my friend, seriously need a shower.”

Sidney laughed and shrugged his shoulders, holding his helmet and then looking towards me, “You’re friend’s nice.”

“Mary? Yeah, she’s cool,” I smiled and then turned my head to look down the hall, but didn’t see Mary, “I think she got lost.”

“Going where?”

“Bathroom-“ and at that moment, we heard this ear piercing scream from multiple people, “Uh oh.”

“She went into the locker room, didn’t she?” Sidney asked and I sighed and looked at him.

“I think so,” I said and then hopped off the boards and onto the ice. Sidney caught me when I was about to fall back and then helped me off of the ice.

We walked towards the locker room and I opened the door, “What’s going- Whoa, put clothes on!” I said as I turned around and dug my head into Sidney’s chest, but then backed away when I got a whiff of his jersey.

“Staalsy, put some clothes on,” I heard Sidney say.

“I’m so sorry! I didn’t know where the bathroom was, so I came in here, and-“

“Just come here, Mary,” I said and then turned my head but shielded my eyes from the guys. She had her eyes completely closed and started to walk, but ended up walking into a shirtless Kris.

“Sorry,” she said and Kris chuckled and ended up helping her over towards me.

“Thanks Kris,” I said and he nodded his head and I pulled her out of the locker room while the guys started to change, “You all right?”

“How embarrassing,” she muttered and I laughed and rubbed her back.

Mary and I leaned against the wall and slid down to our butts, we must have waited for about a half hour before some of the guys started to come out. Most of them started to tease Mary, luckily she was a good sport about it. Sidney walked over towards me and held out his hand, I smiled and took it and he helped me stand.

“You want to go for lunch?” Sidney asked and I nodded my head, “We’re going to the café.”

“Awesome, that’s by the campus,” I said and Sidney nodded his head, “I’ll just follow you.”

“All right,” he said as we walked out of the rink and headed over towards our cars.

As I got to my jeep, I saw that I had parked behind Uncle P and smiled as I saw him walking to his SUV. I walked over towards him and hugged him tight, “I missed you.”

“I missed you too kiddo,” Uncle P said and then kissed my head, “You gunna come by for dinner tomorrow? Bring your friend, I’m sure Carol would love to meet her.”

“Can I bring one more? She’s really nice and quiet,” I said and Uncle P nodded his head.

“Don’t you have four in your apartment?”

“The other girl is a bitch,” I said and Uncle P snorted and chuckled a little.

“Well don’t let her get to you.”

“But she is, she’s so mean to my other roommate,” I said and Uncle P sighed and kissed my forehead.

“Bring her to a practice, we’ll toughen her up,” he said and I laughed and shook my head, “Get going, I’ll see you tomorrow.”

“You’re not coming to lunch?” I asked and he shook his head.

“No, I’m going home, I promised Carol I would help her move furniture in the living room,” he said and I giggled.

“She’s really cracking the whip, huh?” I asked and Uncle P rolled his eyes and shook his head, giving a playful shove of my shoulder.

“Get going,” he said and I laughed and headed back towards my jeep and waved towards my Uncle.

I hopped into the jeep and looked at Mary, “Want to go to dinner at my Uncle’s tomorrow?”

“Sure!” Mary said and I laughed and nodded my head.

“I’m gunna ask Mel too,” I said and Mary smiled.

“No Kasey?”

“Hell no!” I said and we laughed and saw that the guys were leaving. I started my engine and followed Sidney with Jordan behind me, back to downtown Pittsburgh to have lunch with the boys.