Big Changes

012:

Chapter Twelve
“Mary, Mary, Mary!!! Let her go!” I yelled as I tried to pull Mary off of Kasey, “Mary, let her go!”

“Bitch, let her go!” a guy yelled and ran over towards us and pulled me back and then went to Mary.

“Don’t touch her!” I yelled and ran over towards him and pushed him away, “I’m trying to stop this!”

The guy pushed Mary away and luckily she landed on the couch and not the glass table where I thought she was going to land.

“Bitch, I will kill you!” Kasey yelled as she tried to go after Mary, but the guy grabbed her and held her.

“I’d like to see you try!” Mary yelled and stood up, getting ready to go after her again, but I grabbed her.

“What is going on here?!” I heard and turned my head to see the RA walking into the room with Melanie behind her.

“She attacked me!” Kasey yelled and pointed towards Mary.

“You tried to have paint dumped on us!” Mary yelled, “And you’re fuckin’ lucky that Mckayla saw it or you’d be going to the morgue right now!”

“Ladies, ladies, calm down!” someone yelled and I turned my head to see another guy walking into the room and standing next to our RA, “Andy, take your girl to her room.”

“Sure,” the guy holding Kasey said and then started to pull her towards her room, Kasey still screaming like a crazy woman.

“Mary, calm down, we’ll fix this,” I said and Mary said and I pushed her onto the couch.

“What happened here?” the RA of our floor asked.

“We were coming home and as we were opening the door, I saw some kind of wire at the top and stopped Mel from opening the door and I opened it and we watched as blue pain fell to the ground. Obviously you saw that when you came in,” I explained and looked towards the guy that was standing next to Melanie, “Mary was gunna go after Kasey and I wanted to stop her.”

“There is no fighting in this building, I don’t care what the reason is,” the RA said, “Did you punch her?”

“NO! But I wish I did,” Mary said and the guy next to Melanie chuckled.

“It’s her fault that this happened, we’ve been here for less than a week and she’s making this place a living hell!” Melanie said and I looked at her surprised at the fact that she was standing up for us and herself.

“Is this right?” the RA asked and Mary and I nodded her head, “If you all agree that she’s causing trouble, you can kick her out,” she said and I looked at Mary and Melanie and we all nodded her head.

“I’d like a redo please, someone not as bitchy as her!” Mary said and I sighed and looked towards the guy standing next to Melanie and saw that he was looking towards me.

“You never know, the next person might be worse than the last,” the guy said and I looked at him and sighed.

“And you are?”

“Wes, I’m the male RA for this floor,” he said and held out his hand.

“Good for you,” I said and didn’t shake his.

“Ok then,” he said and then then looked towards our RA, “How do you want to handle this?”

“Let me go talk to Kasey, Melanie, go calm down Mary,” our RA said and then walked towards Kasey’s room while Mary and Melanie left, leaving the guy and I alone.

“So you caught the little wire?” he asked and I looked at him suspiciously.

“What are you getting at?” I asked and he held up his hands and shook his head.

“Nothing, that’s pretty cool, you have a good eye,” he said and I rolled my eyes.

“I grew up with my cousins constantly playing pranks, I’d like to think that I’m getting better at noticing where they’re at,” I said and he nodded his head, “So we have two RAs on this floor?”

“Yeah, one for the guys and one for the girls,” he said and I sighed.

“I wasn’t even aware that this was a coed floor,” I said and he laughed.

“You need to open your eyes then,” he said and I scoffed, “What are you? Senior?”

“Junior,” I answered and he nodded his head, “You?”

“Senior,” he said and I nodded my head, “Where are you from?”

“We really doing this?” I asked and he looked at me surprised, “Sorry, I’m a little pissed off at the moment.”

“It’s all right, later,” he said and I looked at him, “Over coffee?”

“Really?” I asked, a little smirk on my face.

“Yeah, come on I don’t even know your name!” he said and I sighed.

“My name’s Mckayla,” I said and he smiled.

“That’s a pretty name,” he said and I shrugged my shoulders.

Wes and I heard yelling in the other room and knew that Kasey wasn’t happy at the fact that she was being kicked out of the apartment.

“So when will we get a new roommate?” I asked and Wes shrugged his shoulders.

“Two days at the most, she should be out by tomorrow,” he said and I nodded my head, “So, Mckayla, can I have your number?”

I looked at him and laughed a little, “Boy you move fast.”

“Hey, can’t help myself,” he said and I smiled and pulled out my phone. We exchanged numbers and I laughed when he put as his name in my phone ‘SexyWes’. He was about to say something when we heard yelling and I turned to see Kasey running out of the room and towards me. Wes pushed me back and grabbed her before she could get to me, yelling about how a rotten bitch I was.

“You’re one to talk, you know that!” I growled and she was pulling on Wes to let her go.

“Let me go, I’m gunna hurt her!”

“I’d like to see you try! Go ahead, let her go!” I yelled and Wes shook his head.

Wes told me to leave and I watched as he threw her back onto the couch and told her to stay there, she jumped up, kicked him in the nuts and ran after me. I turned around quickly and punched her in her fact. She hit the ground and I felt bad because I knocked her out. Security must have been called because they walked into the room and looked at us. I walked over towards Wes and bent down, he looked to be in pain.

“You all right?”

“My boys hurt,” he said and I laughed a little, “Not funny.”

“Just a little funny,” I said as he leaned against me and smirked. Once Wes got control of himself he stood up looked at Kasey on the ground and then looked at me. I was told to go to my room, I sighed and walked towards my room, past a smirking Mary and Melanie and sat on my bed, I pulled out my phone and called my Uncle up to tell him what happened.

-Sidney-
“You two have been talking for over two hours, it’s late,” Carol said as she came downstairs in her pajamas and saw Pascal and I sitting in the living room drinking coffee and talking about a lot of things; Mckayla, hockey, politics, hockey. Pascal’s cell phone rang and he sighed and put his coffee down, Carol placed her hand on his shoulder, “Who could be calling now?”

“It’s Kay,” Pascal said and I looked at him and sat up, “Hey kid what’s up?”

They were on the phone for at least ten minutes before Mckayla had to get off the phone. Pascal explained to Carol and I that she was in a fight with her roommate and it’s pretty bad, she knocked her roommate out when she tried to attack her.

“What’s going to happen? How much trouble is she in?” I asked and Pascal sighed and shook his head.

“You going to tell your brother?” Carol asked and Pascal shook his head.

“He’ll kill her, I’m not going to say anything, we don’t even know if something is going to happen,” Pascal said and I nodded my head.

‘…Maybe I should go see if she’s all right…’ I thought and then decided not to because it probably wouldn’t be good if I was caught on a college campus.

-Mckayla-
Two days had past, I wasn’t getting in trouble for knocking out Kasey because it was self-defense, it also helped that I had witnesses. Kasey was out of the apartment and told to stay away from the three of us, she was almost kicked out of school, but I didn’t think that it needed to go that far.

We were supposed to get our new roommate today and I was a little nervous that she was going to be another Kasey. Around noon, there was a knock on the door, Mary, Melanie and I were sitting in the living room watching TV when we stopped and all looked towards the door.

“Do or die moment,” Mary said and Melanie sighed and shook her head.

“I’m pretty sure it’s Drive or Die,” she said and I smirked.

“You are not allowed to watch anymore Fast and Furious, I’m cutting you off!” I said and Mary laughed. I walked over towards the door and opened it to see our RA standing with a tall skinny blonde and I feared for the worse.

“Hey ya’ll!” she said happily and my eyes widened, “I’m Lori!”

“Hi, I’m Mckayla,” I said and she smiled towards me and then hugged me.

“Sorry, I’m a hugger,” she giggled and then pulled back.

“It’s all right, come on in,” I said and she nodded her head and walked past me and I smiled towards our RA.

I grabbed some of Lori’s stuff in the hallway and then brought it into the room, she didn’t have a lot, but it wasn’t a little either.

“Oh thank you!” she said and I nodded my head and sat on the couch, “So, where are ya’ll from?”

“I’m from Florida,” I said and she smiled.

“I’m from New York and I’m Mary, by the way.”

“I’m Melanie and from Philly.”

“Awesome, well I’m Lori, and I’m from Tennessee,” she said and I smiled.

“Nice,” I said and then smiled towards her, “Welcome home.”

“Way better than my last apartment, the girl, was a witch!” she said and I laughed.

“Your old roommate and our old roommate should get together,” I said and the girls laughed a little, ‘…Hopefully it’ll be better now…’
♠ ♠ ♠
Image
Wes

Image
Lori, Mary and Melanie