Big Changes

013:

Chapter Thirteen
“So, where are you from?” Wes asked as we sat down at the little table in front of the Starbucks on campus.

“I’m from Florida,” I smirked and took a sip of my double shot salted caramel mocha latte.

“Florida? Wow, bet you’re freezing right now, sorry we don’t have eighty degree weather all year long,” he said and I giggled.

“No, I actually like the cold, I’m originally from Canada,” I said and he smiled widely.

“Officially know a Canadian, excuse me while I check that off my Bucket List,” Wes said and I laughed, “That’s cool, so I take it that you love hockey then.”

“That is the biggest stereotype that I’ve ever heard!” I said and Wes looked at me confused.

“So you don’t like hockey?”

“No, I love it,” I said and he laughed and shook his head, “So where are you from?”

“I’m from Erie, Pennsylvania,” he said and I smiled, “Just about two hours away.”

“Shorter drive than me,” I said and Wes chuckled and nodded his head.

“What’s that about fifteen hours or so?”

“Sixteen,” I said and he nodded his head and took a sip of his coffee.

“Siblings?” I shook my head, “Do I get to know your major?”

I smiled towards him, “I’m a Public Relations major.”

“PR? What do you want to do with that?” he asked and I smiled.

“I want to manage a hockey team,” I said and Wes chuckled.

“No, you don’t like hockey at all,” he laughed and I smiled and shrugged my shoulders.

I heard my phone going off and saw that Uncle P was calling me. I told Wes to wait a moment and then answered my phone “Hi, Uncle P, what’s up?”

“Are you with someone?” he asked in English.

“Yes, I’m out with a friend for coffee,” I said and looked towards Wes to see him looking down at his phone, probably texting someone.

“Is it a guy?” Uncle P asked and I sighed, “Oh it is!” he was chuckling, “Have fun, give me a call later.”

“All right, talk to you later, love you.” I said and then hung up when Uncle P responded, “Sorry, my Uncle.”

“So you speak French?” he asked and I smiled and nodded my head, “That’s cool.”

“Thanks, my Uncle started to teach me it a while ago and then I started learning it in school,” I said and Wes nodded his head.

“That’s cool, do you need to take a language while you’re here?” he asked and I sighed and nodded my head, “French?”

“No, they won’t let me because it’s a second language in my home,” I said and Wes looked at me confused, “French Canadian.”

“Oh,” Wes said and I smirked and nodded my head.

Wes and I spoke for a while before I wanted to head back to our building. I learned that he had a little brother and that he was here majoring in Journalism wanted to become a sports journalist and that he was as much as a hockey freak as I was; however, he was a Blackhawks fan.

-Sidney-
“Is it a guy?” I heard Pascal asked and looked towards him, “Oh it is?” he chuckled and then started to pack his bag because we just finished practice, “Have fun, give me a call later,” Pascal hung up his phone and then sighed and threw it in his bag, I heard Kuni ask him what was wrong and Pascal looked at him, “I think Kay’s on a date right now.”

“What?” I asked and looked to see all the guys looking at me.

“She just got here and she already has a date?” Jordan asked and I sighed and turned back to my locker, “And it’s not even with me.”

“Shut up, Gronk!” Pascal said and I grabbed my stuff and walked out of the locker room.

I sighed and walked out of the rink and towards my car. I had just opened the driver door when I heard my name and turned to see Pascal coming towards me.

“You all right?” he asked and I nodded my head and threw my stuff into the backseat, “Sid, you don’t have to lie to me. I know you liked her.”

“I don’t know what it was, maybe just a crush, but it doesn’t matter now,” I said and Pascal sighed and shrugged his shoulders.

“You never know, maybe it wasn’t a date.”

“Duper, your niece, she’s beautiful,” I said and then sighed, “It was a date.”

“I’m sorry Sid, you’re young, you’ll find someone,” he said and I nodded my head and then climbed into my car and headed back to Mario’s, not in the mood to go to lunch with the guys.

-Mckayla-
“So when are we going to another practice?” Mary asked and I giggled.

“Maybe next weekend,” I said and she smiled and nodded her head.

“Does Wes know?” she asked and I smirked and shook my head, “He like hockey?”

“Yup, I found that a lot of people up North do,” I said and Mary giggled.

“So do you like him?” Mary asked and I sighed, “Come on! This is getting to be unfair!”

“What?” I asked confused, “What do you mean?”

“You have Crosby giving you the lovey dovey looks and now Wes, two gorgeous guy after you!” she said and I shrugged my shoulder, “Why do you have to be so beautiful?!”

“I’m sorry,” I said and Mary smiled and then patted my leg.

Two days have passed and tomorrow was the start of classes, I didn’t look forward to waking up early for my nine in the morning math class, but I had to. Mary and I had walked around the school with Lori and Melanie and found our classes and today we all planned on relaxing and kicking it back before the nightmare of stressful nights began.

There was a knock on the door, but we tended to leave our door unlocked during the day because we had made friends with a lot of people on the floor. So it was no surprise when we heard the door open and someone yelling ‘hello’.

I turned my head from watching TV with Mary, just in time to come face to face with Wes. I smiled brightly and laughed as he had just plopped down on the couch.

“Hey,” he said and I turned on the couch and laid my legs across his lap and continued to watch the Big Bang Theory on TV, “A woman of many words.”

“Shut up,” I laughed and playfully pushed his shoulder.

“Hey! She speaks!” he said and I rolled my eyes and shook my head.

Mary’s phone started to off and some dance song was playing, and I felt the urge to go to a club, “I wanna go dancing now,” I said as Mary answered her phone and left the room.

“We can got to Diesel,” he said and I looked at him, “Are you twenty-one?”

“November I will be,” I said and he sighed and nodded his head, ‘…Isn’t that the place that the guys go to?...’

“All right, we’ll go in November then,” he said and I smiled and nodded my head, but then heard my laptop ringing telling me that I had someone Skyping me, “Man, you and Mar are pretty popular,” Wes said and I laughed and sat up to see that Jordan was calling me.

I clicked the button to accept the call and sat back on the couch, seeing Jordan’s face appear on the screen, “KAY!!! What’s shakin’ bacon?”

“Hey Gronk, what’s cookin’ Mr. Goodlookin’?” I smiled and he laughed, “How’s practice?”

“Eh, it was ok, Crosby’s been depressed lately,” he said and I looked at the screen confused.

“Crosby? Did he say Crosby?” Wes asked and I looked towards him and sighed, nodding my head, “As in Sidney Crosby?”

“Who’s your friend, Kay?” Jordan asked and I turned the computer so that he could see Wes sitting next to me.

“Holy fuck!”

“Wes, meet Jordan Staal, Gronk, meet my friend Wes,” I smiled and then looked towards Wes to see that his eyes were wide and his mouth was opened.

“Kay, I think you gave your friend a heart attack,” Jordan said and I laughed.

“No, I’m pretty sure you did that,” I smiled and Jordan rolled his eyes. I turned back towards Wes, waved my hand in front of his face and then poked his shoulder, “Wes?” I called and Wes blinked his eyes and looked at me.

“Sorry, I must have spaced out, I thought you said that you were friends with Jordan Sta-“

“Hey man,” Jordan said and then waved.

“Holy fuck!” Wes said and I laughed when he looked gone again.

“Ok, and we lost him, so anyways,” Jordan chuckled and looked at me, “You coming to practice this weekend?”

“Of course, we’re dying to see you again!” I said and Jordan smiled brightly.

“You bringing your roommate? I bet she wants to see me naked again!” he said and I scoffed.

“For the record, I didn’t want to see you naked! I went to the bathroom and when I came out you were there!” Mary said as she came from behind me and leaned onto the couch next to my head.

“Hey Mary.”

“Hi Jordan,” Mary laughed and then looked towards Wes, “I guess Wes knows?”

“How’d ya guess?”