Big Changes

014:

Chapter Fourteen
“Hello darlin’!” I heard as I sat in the big auditorium for my first Geography class.

I looked towards my side and saw Wes sitting there, “Wes? What are you doing here?”

“I’m here for Geography,” he said and I looked at him confused, “I’ve been pushing this off since day one, I kind of suck at science.”

“I’m pretty good at it.”

“Great, you can be my tutor,” he said and I smirked, “I honestly didn’t know that we were going to be in the same class.”

“At least I know someone,” I said and he smirked and nodded his head.

“So how was math?” he asked and I sighed, “That bad?”

“I am going to hate my teacher,” I said and he looked at me confused.

“What math are you taking?”

“Freakin’ Pre Cal,” I said and he sighed.

“Who’s your teacher?”

“Dr. Unseren,” I said and Wes chuckled, “What?”

“I had him my Sophomore year, fuckin’ hated him, I feel so bad for you,” he said and I sighed and groaned, “Hey, I’m pretty good at math, I’ll help you in whatever way I can.”

“Thanks,” I said and he nodded his head.

“So, you failed to mention to me that you had the Pittsburgh Penguins in your back pocket,” Wes said and I giggled and shrugged my shoulders.

“You didn’t ask.”

“That’s seriously amazing though,” he said and I smirked.

“My Uncle is Pascal Dupuis,” I said and Wes’ eyes widened.

“That explains the French Canadian thing now,” he said and I smirked and nodded my head.

“But please, don’t tell anyone, I don’t want a lot of people knowing,” I said and Wes nodded his head and then leaned back in his seat, we quieted down when the teacher came into the room.

-Sidney-
I came into the locker room for practice and saw Jordan sitting on the bench with people around him. I threw my bag on the bench and looked at them confused.

“What’s going on?”

“Gronk talked to Kay’s ‘friend’,” Kris said and I sighed and shook my head, “Apparently she hadn’t told him about us.”

“It doesn’t matter-“

“She’s bringing him on Saturday for practice,” Jordan said and I looked towards him to see that everyone was looking at me.

‘...Fuckin’ perfect…’ I thought but tried to keep my cool, “All right, what’s the big deal?”

“Nothing man, just didn’t know how you’d feel about him being here,” Max said and I shook my head and started to get my practice gear on.

‘…What am I going to do?...’ I thought as I sighed and looked at my things, “Why would I care?” I asked and I looked back at the guys and saw that Pascal was giving me a sad look. I growled a little, shook my head and then turned around, ignoring their little conversations that went around the room and once I had all my gear on, I headed out to the ice.

-Mckayla-
“Wait, wait, wait, so this means hungry, and this means lustful?” I asked as Mary laughed and nodded her head. She was teaching Melanie and I some sign language and I was surprised on how into it I was getting. Hungry was taking your pointer finger and dragging it from your chin to your stomach, while lustful was from your chin to your heart.

“Prostitute and shy are almost the same too,” she said and I laughed and shook my head.

“That’s awkward,” Melanie said and I nodded my head.

“Hey ladies!” we heard and turned our heads to see Lori walking into the apartment.

“Hey Lori!” we said and watched as Lori threw her bag down and walked over towards the couches.

“What are we talking about?”

“We’re learning sign language,” I said and Melanie nodded her head.

“Cool,” Lori said and then signed and leaned back on the couch, “Good Granny, my Biology teacher is a messed up moonshiner.”

Melanie, Mary and I looked towards Lori kind of surprised and I bit back a laugh.

“Wait, what?” Mary asked, laughing a little.

“Sorry, when I’m angry, things just come out of my mouth,” she said and I laughed and shrugged my shoulders.

“So how is she a- a messed up moonshiner?” I asked, giggling as I spoke.

“How you ever had moonshine? Trust me, you’d know a bad batch when you taste it, and Mr.- Oh, I’m sorry, Dr. Parsons is bad moonie.”

“Girl, the things that come out of your mouth sometimes!” I laughed and Lori smirked and shook her head.

“Afternoon, ladies!” I heard and turned my head to see Lori’s friend, Zach walking into the room, “What are we doing?”

“Talking, what’s shakin’ Zach?” Lori asked and I smiled and then stood up and walked towards my room.

I pulled out my phone and saw that I had a text from my Uncle, opened it to see that he was asking how I was going. I laid on my bed and texting my Uncle back, he responded not long later and asked me to give Sidney a call because he has been acting a little weird lately.

I grabbed my laptop and went onto Skype. I saw that he was online and called him, but he never answered. I sighed and then grabbed my phone and tried to call him, but he didn’t answer, ‘…All right, what’s going on?...’ I thought as I threw my phone on the bed and sighed, ‘…Is he mad at me or something?...’

I sat on my bed for another five minutes, growled and then stood up, grabbed my keys from my nightstand and walked out of my room.

“Where are you off to?” Mary asked as she saw the look on my face.

“Not sure yet,” I said and then walked out the door and headed towards the elevators. The door opened and I walked in, not paying attention to where I walking and walked into someone, “Oh, sorry, I wasn’t-“

“You all right?” I heard and looked to see that I walked into Wes.

“Wes, sorry, I need to take care of something,” I said as I walked past him and into the elevator. I pressed the garage button and sighed.

It was Friday, Mary, Melanie, Lori, Wes and I were going to go to the boys’ practice tomorrow, but right now, I needed to figure out why Sidney was avoiding me, because he always answered my calls, or when he couldn’t he would text me that he’ll call me later.

I made my way to my jeep and then drove out of the garage and headed towards the highway. I made my way to Mario’s estate, pulled into his driveway, typed in the code and headed over towards Sidney’s side. I saw that his car was there, so I knew that he was home. I parked my car, sighed and then got out.

“Of course,” I growled as I looked towards the sky and saw that it had started to rain. I sighed and walked over towards the door and knocked. I held my body and waited as the rain was a cold rain. I knocked again because it was starting to rain harder and it made me remember about a months ago when I came to see Sidney after the guys lost the cup.

The door opened and Sidney stood there in pajama pants and no shirt, my eyes widened and I bit back a groan as I got a good look at his muscles.

“Kay? What are you doing here?” he asked and then stepped forward, grabbed my wrist and pulled me into the house, “Are you trying to get yourself sick?”

“Sorry, I just- I wanted to see you,” I said and Sidney sighed as he pulled me into his room and started to grab some clothes.

“Crazy girl,” he muttered as he pulled out sweats and a long sleeve shirt.

-Sidney-
I walked out of my room after telling Mckayla to get dressed and then for her to give me her wet clothes so I could dry them. It took a few minutes, but Mckayla walked out of my room and handed me her clothes. I threw them in the dryer and looked back at her to see that she looked sad.

“Are you mad at me?” she asked and I looked at her shocked.

“No, why would you think that?” I asked and walked over towards her.

“Because you’ve been like ignoring me,” she said and I sighed and shook my head.

“I’m not ignoring you,” I said and she scoffed, “I just wanted you to,” I sighed and looked down, “I wanted you to have time with your new boyfriend.”

“Boyfriend?” she asked and I looked at her, “Sid, I don’t have a boyfriend!”

“What about the kid that’s coming tomorrow?”

“Wes? I don’t like him like that!” she said and I looked at her, “He’s just a friend.”

“But you went on a date?”

“Oh my god, it wasn’t a date! You need to stop talking to Jordan and Uncle P, we just went out for coffee, that’s it!” she said and I felt a little relief in my body, “Is this why you’ve been avoiding me?”

“I wasn’t avoiding you!” I said and she scoffed, “I wasn’t.”

“Bullshit!” she said and I took a step towards her, I didn’t know why, but I just wanted to be closer to her, “Sidney-“

“Why?” I asked as I looked at her.

“Why what?” she asked as I took another step towards her. My hand was on her neck and I was really going to go for it, I was going to kiss her, “Sidney.”

She was so close to me, I could feel her breasts on my chest, I felt a twitch under my shorts. My lips were just barely on hers when I felt her phone ring. She pulled away and I sighed and felt my hand slip from her neck.

‘…So close…’