Big Changes

015:

Chapter Fifteen
-Mckayla-
“He did what?!” Mary asked and I sighed and shook my head.

“No! He almost did, ‘you’ called me before he could,” I said and Mary sighed, “I don’t know how I feel about that though.”

“What do you mean?” Mary asked and I sighed, “Did you want Crosby to kiss you?”

“I don’t know,” I said and then sighed and looked towards Mary, “I honestly don’t know.”

“Why don’t you get some sleep and think about it?” Mary said and I sighed, “Do you still want to go to practice tomorrow?” I groaned and laid back on my bed, grabbed my pillow and screamed into it, I had forgotten about the practice, “So are we going?”

“Yeah, we’re going,” I said and then sighed, “I don’t know, I can’t ignore him.”

“Just sleep on it, Kay, you might actually want him to kiss you,” she said and I rolled my eyes, “I mean it! He’s gorgeous and rich!”

“I’m not in it for the looks and money, Mar. I want him to treat me good,” I said and Mary sighed and nodded her head.

“Just get some rest girl,” she said as she patted my knee, got up and walked out of the room.

I sighed and nodded my head, laying down and falling asleep.

-Sidney-
“Kay’s here!” Jordan yelled and I looked towards the door and sighed, she was in the doorway with the guys hanging around her and her friends.

‘…You probably just ruined that relationship…’ I thought and then started to put my practice gear on.

“Hey,” I heard and saw Pascal standing next to me, “Did you want to talk to Kay?”

“No, I’m all right,” I said and then grabbed my stick and headed out of the locker room and towards the glass, ‘…You’re such an asshole…’

It was about ten minutes before the guys came skating out on the ice in their practice gear. I saw Mckayla and her friends standing against the boards watching them. The guy had said something and Mckayla was laughing, I growled and then turned my head and saw Pascal coming up to me.

“He’s really not that bad, I actually like him,” he said and I sighed and rolled my eyes, “Sid, you never know what’s going to happen, so if you still like her, don’t give up yet. You’re still both young, something might happen.”

“I don’t know,” I said and then saw Coach coming out. I sighed because practice was starting and I was going to have to wait until after practice if I wanted to do anything.

-Mckayla-
“That was awesome! Thanks for bringing me!” Wes said and I smiled and nodded my head and watched as Jordan flirted with Lori.

“It’s no problem, I’m glad you liked it.”

“I can’t believe that you’re friends with the Pittsburgh Penguins,” Wes said and I giggled and nodded my head, but he must have seen that something was off, “You all right?”

“Huh? Oh, yeah, I’m-“

“Kay,” I heard and turned my head to see Sidney looking at me, “Can I talk to you?”

“Uh, yeah,” I said and looked back towards Wes, “I’ll be right back.”

“All right,” he said and I turned around and headed towards Sidney. I followed him into a little office and watched as he sighed, walked over towards the desk, sat on the end of it and looked at me, “How are you?”

“I’m fine,” I said and looked at him. For whatever reason, in my head, I was hoping that he would jump off the desk, attack me and have his way with me on top of the desk, but how I was asking, you would never think that.

“Kay,” he said and sighed, “I’m really sorry-“

“That’s twice now,” I said barely above a whisper, but he still heard me, “Twice you almost kissed me.”

“I know, I’m sorry, I just-“

“Why?” I asked and he stopped and looked at me.

“Why what?”

“Why do you keep trying to kiss me?” I asked and Sidney hoped off of the table and walked over towards me.

“Because Mckayla,” he said as he walked up to me, being only two inches taller than me, “You’re beautiful, funny, you’re a good person, you’re smart,” he said and I gulped, “And I like you.”

“Sid, I-“ he placed his hand on my neck and my body was practically against his. I could feel his warm breath on my face and I almost shivered. His face was close to mine, and part of me really wanted him to, but the other part of me, didn’t really want to be in a relationship. Just as Sidney was close to my lips, I panicked and turned my head, he sighed and I closed my eyes, “I’m sorry.”

“Why?” he asked and I looked at him, “Do you not like me?”

“No Sid, it’s not that, I swear it’s not,” I said and Sidney sighed and looked away. My eyes widened and I placed my hands on his neck and made him look at him, “Sid, I like you, I really do, but I don’t want a relationship.”

“Why?” he asked with this puppy dog look in his eyes.

“Sid,” I said and then took a step back and shook my head, “I can’t.”

-Mary-
“Where’d Kay go?” I asked as I saw Wes standing in the hall reading some things on the wall.

“Uh, Crosby wanted to talk to her,” he said and I sighed and nodded his head, “Mary,” I looked back towards him, “Tell me something, would I have a chance with her, or is she and Crosby a thing?”

“To be honest, Wes, I have no clue,” I said and Wes chuckled, sighed and then shook his head.

“I’m going to take that as having no chance,” he said and I sighed, walked over towards him and patted his chest.

“You’ll find someone,” I said and he shrugged his shoulders and then nodded his head.

A few minutes later, Mckayla appeared and she looked a little upset, I told Wes to go and find Lori and Melanie and we were going to leave. I walked over towards Mckayla and saw that she looked like she was going to cry, but also looked like she was fighting it.

“You wanna talk about it?” I asked and she shook her head, “You wanna wait until we get back?”

“Am I an idiot?” she asked and I looked at her confused, “He told me he liked me and I walked away. I like him, Mar, I really do, but-“

“But what? I don’t see an issue here,” she said and I sighed, “Are you scared?”

“Yes,” I said and she sighed and hugged me.

“It’ll be all right, just get to know him more as a friend first and then see how you two feel about dating,” she said and I nodded my head, “Go to the car, I’ll round up the others.”

“Thanks Mar,” she said and I smiled and nodded her head.
I watched as she left, I sighed and then turned around and turned the corner only to come face to face with Sidney Crosby, “Sid?” he just looked at me, I sighed and rubbed my face, “You heard?”

“She likes me?”

“Yes, God I feel like I’m in high school again,” I said and then sighed, “You’re just scaring her, she-“

“I’ll wait for her then,” he said and then turned around and left, leaving me wide eyed and speechless.

‘…Wish I could find someone like that. How long have they known each other?...’ I thought as I groaned and then gathered up the others and met Mckayla at her jeep to see that she was talking with her Uncle.

Once she finished talking, we walked over, got in the jeep and then headed back to school, listening to Lori talk about how Jordan wanted to take her out one time.

“How come you didn’t say ‘yes’?” I asked as I looked in the backseat at Lori.

“You guys are such girls,” Wes scoffed and we laughed while he looked out the window and smirked.

We got back to the campus and headed towards our floor, Mckayla went to her room and I watched as Wes followed her. Lori, Melanie and I sat in the living room and turned the TV on.

“How does she do it?” Lori asked and I looked towards her, “How does she get people to chase after her?”

“Like you’re one to talk,” Melanie said and we both looked towards her, “Jordan Staal was hitting on you and you just stood there, and Mary, “Kris Letang was talking to you-“

“He was talking to me about Mckayla,” I said, speaking the truth.

“Ok, bad explain, but they were still talking to you!” Melanie said and I looked at her confused.

“We’re you talking to any of the guys?” Lori asked and Melanie shook her head.

“No, I saw you talking to someone!” I said and Melanie sighed.

“Yeah, the one staff guy, none of the players wanted to come up to me,” she said and I looked at her sadly, “Forget it.”

Melanie stood up and walked towards her room and I sighed, ‘…Someone has self-esteem issues…’

“What are we going to do?” Lori asked and I looked at her, “We need to help her out, obviously she doesn’t get guys well-“

“I’m not getting involved in someone’s love life,” I said and Lori shook her head.

“She doesn’t have a love life, and maybe it doesn’t have to be a boyfriend, just a guy willing to give her time,” Lori said and I sighed, “Look, obviously you and Mckayla never had that feeling of being unwanted, y’all are both gorgeous, but I understand where Mel is coming from, I use to be heavy too.”

I sighed, instantly feeling bad for hurting her feelings, “What do you want to do?”

“We need Mckayla to help us out,” Lori said and I nodded my head and stood up, heading towards the door that led towards Mckayla and my side of the apartment.

I stopped once I got to the doorway and turned back towards Lori, “Just so you know, Mel’s not heavy, she just as beautiful as us.”

“Wish there were people like you when I was younger,” Lori said and I gave a little smiled and headed towards my room.