Big Changes

002:

Chapter Two
“Aunt Carol!” I yelled happily as the security guard led me to the family section in the box suites and I saw my very pregnant Aunt sitting with another woman.

“Mckayla! Hello, sweetie! Pascal said that you would be joining us tonight,” she said as she stood up and opened her arms. I smiled and hugged her and she kissed my head, “How are you?”

“I’m great! Guess what?!” I smiled brightly and pulled the envelope out from my back pocket.

“What?” she asked and I handed her the paper. Aunt Carol opened the paper and read it to herself, her eyes went wide and she had a giant smile on her face, “Oh sweetie, this is wonderful! Congratulations! Pascal didn’t tell me!”

“That’s because he doesn’t know yet, I was going to tell him after the game,” I said with a big smile on my face.

“What class?” she asked.

“I’ll graduate in 2010, I’m going in as a junior, but I want to do my graduates there as well,” I said and she giggled.

“So much like your mother,” she said and then gave me a side hug, “It’ll be so nice to have you close, the kids miss you.”

“How are Meave and Kody? And the little one on the way,” I smiled and placed my hand on her stomach.

“They’re fine, and this little girl is fine as well,” she giggled.

“When are you due?”

“At the end of the month,” she answered and I smiled brightly.

“So exciting!”

“Who’s this, Carol?” I heard and looked towards the woman that was sitting next to my Aunt before.

“Oh Vero, this is my niece, Mckayla, Kay, this is Veronique, she’s Marc’s girlfriend.”

“Nice to meet you,” I said and then shook hands with her.

“Same, Marc tells me that Pascal talks about his niece all that time, and looking at you, I can see why,” she said and I blushed and then looked down.

“Looks like warm up is starting,” Aunt Carol said and I walked over towards the window and looked down to see that the Penguins were already skating around.

“How long have you and Marc been dating?” I asked and Vero giggled.

“We’ve been together since high school,” she said and my eyes widened, “Quite a while, I know.”

“And Marc is- Marc-Andre?” I asked and she nodded her head, “Cool, you’ve got the Flower.”

I walked out onto the balcony and leaned against the banister, looking down towards the ice and see the fans slowly make their ways to their seat.

“Pascal wants you to come down to the locker room after the game, he’s going to introduce you to the guys,” Aunt Carol said and my eyes widened and I smiled brightly towards her.

“Really?” I asked and she nodded her head, “That’s so cool! I already met Kunitz today!”

“He’s a nice guy,” Vero said and I nodded my head, “Is Sid playing tonight? I know he’s been out since January.”

“I think so, I think Pascal told me he would be coming back today,” Aunt Carol said and I looked at them.

“Sid? You mean Crosby?” I asked and Vero looked at me confused, “What?”

“How much do you know about hockey?” she asked and I sighed.

“I know the players, but I haven’t been paying much attention this season because of school, I took some tough ones,” I said and Vero nodded her head.

“They said that you were a smarty pants!” Vero giggled and I smirked, “What are you majoring in?”

“Well, I’m just taking my General Studies at the community college, but I graduate with my Associates this May. But when I go to Pitt-“

“Oh you’re going to Pitt?!” Vero asked and I smiled and showed her the paper.

“Just got accepted last week,” I smiled brightly and Vero patted my shoulder.

“Good for you! Congrats, Pascal will be very happy to hear that,” Vero said and I nodded my head, “So what are you majoring in?”

“I want to major in Public Relations and manage a team,” I said and Vero smiled.

“A hockey team?” Aunt Carol asked and I nodded my head, “That’s amazing, I’m pretty sure that you’ll have an ‘in’ because of your name.”

“That’s what I was hoping,” I smiled brightly and then spoke with Vero and my Aunt Carol until the horn sounded and the game began.

The first and second periods weren’t really exciting, nothing happened, no penalties, no goals, no fighting, nothing. And then over seventeen minutes into the third period, Max Talbot makes a goal with the assist of Sidney Crosby and Uncle P. Aunt Carol and I were cheering at Uncle P’s first assist. Once the people died down and the game started up again, two minutes later, less than a minute in the game, Evgeni Malkin made a goal with Max Talbot assisting.

The final score was two to zero, Penguins winning. Aunt Carol, Vero and I needed to wait almost an hour, but we headed downstairs and towards the locker room to meet up with my Uncle. We were standing outside the door when a man came out and smiled towards my Aunt Carol.

“Ladies.”

“Hi Jordan,” Vero said and I looked at the tall blond giant.

‘…Damn, he’s cute…’ I tried to hide my smirk. He looked over towards me and gave me a big smile.

“Hey-“

“Are they ready Jordan?” Vero asked and Jordan looked towards her and nodded his head, “All right, let’s go.”

I followed my Aunt into the room and looked around, looking at the guys packing their things. I spotted my Uncle and smiled brightly. His back was to me, so I ran over towards him and jumped onto his back, “Uncle P!”

He chuckled and spun around, I laughed and then let go and waved towards him when he faced me, “Hey kiddo, what’d you think of the game?”

“It was awesome! You were awesome!”

“What’s up, Duper? Who’s this?” I saw Max Talbot walk over and swing his arm around my Uncle and he smiled towards me.

“Too young for you, Max,” my Uncle said and I giggled, “This is my niece, Mckayla.”

“Nice to meet you,” Max said as he held out his hand and I smiled and shook it.

Uncle P started to introduce me to everyone, but when he got to Jordan Staal, he kind of took over while Uncle P went to see Aunt Carol. When Jordan brought me to Sidney Crosby, I couldn’t help but feel a little butterfly feeling in my stomach when we shook hands.

‘…He’s more gorgeous in person…’ I thought as I watched as he zipped his bag closed and then stood up.

“So you live in Florida?” Kris Letang asked and I nodded my head.

“At least I get to see a pretty face when I come here,” Jordan said and I blushed and then heard someone slap Jordan upside the head.

I was sitting on the bench while some of the guys stood around me and asked me all sorts of questions. When Kris asked me that, it hit me and I jumped up and walked over towards Uncle P, “I almost forgot again,” I said and then reached into my back pocket for the envelop.

“What’s this?” he asked as he took the paper and then looked towards me confused.

“Look at it,” I said and then looked towards Aunt Carol to see her smirking.

Uncle P nodded his head and then opened the paper and started to read. I smiled brightly when I saw his eyes widened and pulled me in for a hug, “Congratulations! This is awesome!”

“What is?” Jordan asked and then took the paper and I watched as he and some of the other players all crowded around to read the paper, “Whoa! You’re coming to Pittsburgh?!”

“Yup!” I laughed and felt Uncle P wrap his arm around my shoulders.

“Congratulations,” I heard and turned my head to see Sidney standing there.

“Thanks,” I smiled and he placed his hand on my shoulder and I almost melted.

“I heard that you were pretty smart, Pitt’s lucky to have you,” he said and I had to bite back a blush.
“All right, I’m hungry!” someone said and I turned away from Sidney and looked back towards Uncle P.

“You heading home or coming out with us?” he asked and just when I was about to answer, some of the guys just said that I was coming.

“I don’t think I have a choice,” I giggled and Uncle P rolled his eyes and shook his head.

“You always have a choice,” he said and I snorted.

“Yeah, but I’m pretty sure your teammates would be really upset if I didn’t,” I said and Jordan walked over towards me, wrapped his arm around my neck and smiled.

“We sure would.”