Big Changes

021:

Chapter Twenty One
“Kay!!!”

“Hi guys,” I giggled as I walked through the visitor’s locker room door to see the Pittsburgh Penguins. Alicia was standing out in the hall, not sure if we were safe being down here. I looked back towards her and waved her in and she stood behind me.

“There’s my girl!” Uncle P said as he walked over towards me in full uniform and hugged me, “How are you? I’ve missed you.”

“I’ve missed you too! Michigan’s treating me well,” I said and Uncle P smiled and nodded his head.

“Good, I’m glad,” he said and I was attacked with hugs from the other.

Jordan, Kris, Max and Geno hugged me, telling me that they were happy to see me and that it has been so long. I laughed and then backed up and introduced everyone to Alicia and she was still shocked that I was telling the truth about knowing the Pittsburgh Penguins. I looked around the room and didn’t see Sidney, I didn’t say anything, but I was a little sad that he wasn’t here.

“So how was your drive?” Uncle P asked as Jordan pulled Alicia away to interrogate her with questions.

“It was- Hold on! Gronk, no use, she’s taken!” I yelled and Jordan looked at me and then whined, which made Alicia and I laugh, “It was a good drive, pretty fast.”

“Yeah, fast! That’s because you were going ninety the whole way!” Alicia said and I scoffed.

“We’re alive, right? No accidents, no tickets-“

“Mckayla,” Uncle P said and I smirked towards him and shrugged my shoulders.

“We were running behind, I wanted to get here with enough time to spare to get ready,” I said and Uncle P rolled his eyes and chuckled.

“Well you, belle, look amazing,” Max said as he swung his arm around me shoulder and looked at my outfit.

Alicia and I had managed to get to Chicago about an hour ago after leaving an hour late because someone blocked my jeep in. Once we got to the hotel, Alicia and I hurried up and took a shower, changed and headed over towards the arena.

“Kay?” I heard and then turned my head and saw Sidney standing in the doorway.

“Sid,” I smiled and then ran over towards him and hugged him.

“How are you?” Sidney laughed and hugged me tight, “I’ve missed you.”

“I’ve been fine, I miss you too,” I said and then pulled back and smiled towards him. We talked for a little, until Coach came in and told the guys that it was time to head out onto the ice for warm up. I said goodbye to everyone and then left the locker room with Alicia, we walked down the hall, heading back to standing. As I walked down the hall, a man walked past me, as he did, a chill was sent down my spine. I turned my head around to see who I had walked past, the man also turned around. My eyes widened as I saw him, a smirk on his face, “Wes,” I breathed and he just chuckled, turned around and walked away.

“Mckayla?” I heard, but made no motion to move, “Kay? Are you all right?”

“Fine,” I muttered as I turned back towards her and she practically pulled me towards the elevator. I just kept on thinking, panicking at the fact that he was here, he was in Chicago, ‘…Is it a fluke? Has he been following me?...’

“Mckayla?” I heard as Alicia looked at me confused, “Are you all right? Crosby’s been trying to get your attention.”

“Huh? What?” I asked and Alicia pointed towards the ice where Crosby was looking at me confused, “Oh, sorry.”

“Are you all right?”

“Yeah, sorry, my mind is somewhere else,” I said and then looked around because that chill feeling was still there.

-Sidney-
I skated off the ice after warm up, many thoughts were rolling through my head, most of them about Mckayla. She seemed fine when she was in the locker room; however, looking up at her in the stands, something was wrong. She was looking at the ice, but she wasn’t really there. I saw her friend try to get her attention, they spoke for a few seconds, her friend pointed towards me. Mckayla looked at me and then turned around and looked in all directions.

‘…What’s going on with her?...’ I thought and then tried to look around as well. Mckayla looked forward and the look on her face almost hurt me, she looked scared, ‘…What’s wrong, Kay?...’

“Sid,” I heard and turned to see Pascal, “You see Kay’s face?”

“Yeah, what’s wrong?” I asked and he shook his head not knowing, ‘…Hope everything’s all right…’

-Mckayla-
The game was well played and very close; however, the Penguins managed to beat the Blackhawks in a shootout. I was happy that they won the game, but I couldn’t help but feel that Wes was close and watching me. After the game, Alicia said that she was going to head back to the hotel because she was tired and wanted to talk to Ben. I decided that I was going to head down to the locker room to see Uncle P and the others.

I was in the elevator heading towards the bottom floor where the locker rooms were. I had waited a while, so I knew that most of the guys were finished getting dressed. As I walked down the hall, I knew I wasn’t alone.

“Where are you going beautiful?” I heard and stopped, my whole body was stiff. I turned around and let out a relaxing breath seeing that it wasn’t Wes, but a Hawk.

“Places,” I said and he smirked as he walked over towards me. His suit fitting, he smelled fresh and he was pretty cute.

“You’re a new face around her, and I never forget a face, especially one of a beautiful woman,” he said and I smirked and rolled my eyes.

“I heard that you were a flirt,” I said and he smirked.

“Patrick Kane,” he said and held out his hand, “But you probably knew that.”

“Oh, I knew it, too bad I’m not a hawks fan,” I said and the looked on Kane’s face was priceless, “Mckayla Dupuis.”

“Dupuis, I get it. Pascal’s daughter?”

“Niece,” I said and he smirked and shook his head.

“So you’re just here for the game?” he asked and I laughed and nodded my head, “From Pittsburgh?”

“Actually I’m Ann Arbor.”

“Michigan?”

“Yeah, for school,” I said and he nodded his head. I was about to say something else when I saw Wes turning the corner and froze.

“Hey, you all right?” Kane asked and I looked at him and then back towards Wes. Kane turned around and saw the man and then looked back towards me, “An old friend?”

“You can say that,” I said and looked at Kane, “I ya, I gotta go,” I said and then turned around.

“I got this,” Kane said and I turned my head and smiled towards him.

I practically ran through the halls to get towards the Penguins locker room. When I finally got there, I knocked on the door and walked in to see a happy bunch of guys. I was attacked with loud happy men and hugged by all. When they cooled down, I was pulled off to the side and I saw that Sidney was looking at me.

“You all right?” he asked and I just looked at him, “You looked off during the game.”

“I saw him,” I manage to choke out and Sidney looked at me confused, “Wes.”

Sidney’s eyes widened and I nodded my head, “He’s here?”

“I saw him,” I said and Sidney’s face was hard, “Sid?”

“Stay here,” Sidney said and he was gone. My head snapped to the side and I saw him heading over towards Uncle P. I knew that Sidney was telling him, because Uncle P looked at me surprised and then the two of them practically stormed out of the locker room.

“What was that about?” Marc asked as he walked over towards me.

“Will you go after them and make sure they don’t get into trouble?” I asked and Marc looked at me confused, but nodded his head and ran out of the locker room.

“What’s going on, Kay?” Jordan asked as he walked over.

“I saw Wes,” I said and Jordan’s eyes widened and then his face hardened and he was angry.

“Where’s your roommate?” he asked and I sighed.

“She went back to the room, she wanted to talk to her boyfriend,” I answered and Jordan nodded his head and then wrapped an arm around me.

“Stay close, you’re walking back to the hotel with us,” he said and I nodded my head and sighed.

“Sorry, Gronk.”

“Don’t worry about it, Kay, you’re safe with us.”

Uncle P, Sidney and Marc were gone for a little while, I don’t know what happened but they all game back frustrated, I was guessing that they hadn’t found Wes.

“How did he know that you were here?” Sidney asked and I shrugged my shoulders and shook my head.

“I don’t know if he’s following me or it’s just a fluke that we saw each other,” I said and Sidney sighed, wrapped his arms around me and hugged me tight.

“It’s going to be all right,” Sidney said and he kissed my head and it made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.