Big Changes

025:

Chapter Twenty Five
-Danny-
Mckayla’s Pittsburgh friends had been here for two days and were leaving in another two days, I had gotten over the fact that they were famous hockey players, still amazed that Mckayla knew them. Ben, however, was still star struck and spending as much time as he could with them.
All the girls were out at the beach, the guys were going to meet up with them later, but we were getting some things together because we were going to have a party on the beach. I heard my name and then turned to see Jordan and Marc walking over towards me, they were really good friends with Mckayla.

“We haven’t really had any time to talk,” Jordan said and I looked at them and put down the keg that I was carrying into the house.

“Talk about what?” I asked and leaned against the counters.

“It’s obvious that you don’t like us,” Marc said and I shook my head.

“I never said that.”

“Kay never said anything about us, she usually has to watch who she announces that little detail to,” Jordan said, “But if we’re here together, that means that she trusts you.”

“I take it that since you two are dating, you know what happened to her?” Marc asked and I sighed and nodded my head.

“I won’t let that freak anywhere near her,” I said and Marc smiled and nodded his head.

“Mckayla’s our friend,” Jordan said and I nodded my head, “You hurt our friend, we hurt you.”

“I would never hurt her,” I said and Jordan walked forward, patted my shoulder and then turned away.

“Good man. Guess Kay, finally found someone,” Marc said and I smirked and nodded my head, “Come on, we have a party to plan.”

-Mckayla-
“Kay, oh my god, he’s gorgeous!” Vero said and I laughed and nodded my head.

“I know right!”

“Does he play hockey?” Heather asked and I shook my head.

“He plays football,” I said and Vero and Heather smiled and nodded their heads.

“Very nice,” they said and I laughed and nodded my head.

Alicia, Ashley, Anna, Vero, Heather and I were on the beach tanning and having some girl time. There was going to be a party on the beach tonight and I knew the guys wanted to set it up. I was almost afraid to see what they had planned for tonight.

“So how are you and Marc, Vero?” I asked and Vero smiled towards me.

“We’re doing well,” she said and I smiled.

“That’s good,” I said and looked to see Alicia, Ashley and Anna heading towards the water, “So Heather, where has Jordan been hiding you?”

“I’ve been in Thunder Bay, we were off and on for a while, but I think this it the right time,” she said and I smiled and nodded my head.

“Jordan’s a good guy, he’ll do the right thing and won’t let you go this time,” I said and she smiled and nodded her head.

“But he’s young, and I know that the girls are very tempting, that’s his weakness,” she said and I looked at her confused.

“What?”

“Girls are his weakness, I can’t tell you how many times he’s cheated on me,” Heather said and I sighed.

“Why stay with him?” I asked and she sighed.

“I love him,” Heather said and I smiled and nodded my head.

We were at the beach for a few more hours, just soaking up some sun and having a good time. Just as we decided that we were going to leave and head back to the house. We heard screaming and then laughing, I turned around and saw Ben, Kris and Geno going after Alicia, Ashley and Anna. I smiled and then felt arms around my waist and turned my head to see Danny smiling at me.

“Hey!” I said and he smiled and kissed my cheek.

“Hey babe, you got a nice tan.”

“I hope so, this nice person helped me put some lotion on,” I said and Danny looked at me surprised, “Yeah they had dark brown hair, pretty eyes,” I said and Danny gave me a hard look, I smirked towards him and then elbowed his chest, “Not to mention a nice rack.”

“What?” he asked confused and I laughed and pointed towards Vero, “Oh my god,” Danny muttered and then smirked and shook his head.

“Got ya good, huh?”

“Shut up, you’re such a dork,” he said and I laughed and then turned around and pressed my lips onto his.

“All right! Let’s get this party started!” Tyler yelled and I laughed and cheered with the other.

It was starting to get dark and the guys were building a bonfire on the south end of the beach. It looked to be a pretty big fire, someone turned on some music, Max ended up finding some girls when they went into town so they were there, with some friends. People were dancing and drinking and having a good time. Danny was sitting in the sand and I was sitting in-between his legs holding a cold beer.

“Kay! Kay! Come on!” I heard and looked to see that Alicia was calling me, she was holding a volleyball, “Come on Kay, Danny! We need you!”

“Volleyball?” Danny asked as he looked down at me.

“Why not?” I giggled as I pushed on his knees and stood up, I downed the rest of my beer and then ran over towards them. I was still in my bikini top with jean shorts covering my bottoms. Danny was going to join me, being on the opposite team, and that’s when I saw that it was going to be boys against girls, “Hey! WHOA! Wait!”

“What?!” Jordan whined.

“This is totally not fair!” I yelled and then laughed, “You guys are freakin’ athletes! You’re gunna kill us!”

“Hey yeah! That’s right!” Alicia yelled and I nodded my head.

Alicia, Anna, Heather and I were on a team, while Jordan, Danny, Ben and Kris were on the other.

“I’m not an athlete,” Ben said and Alicia scoffed and waved him off.

“Shut up, it’s close enough!” Alicia yelled and I laughed.

“We can do this guys,” Heather said and I sighed and accepted the fact that it was boys against girls.

Almost an hour later and with the score ten to four, I called the white flag and admitted that the boys won, “Yeah, in what world did we have a chance?”

“Awww, is someone a sore loser?” Jordan asked as he flung his arm around my head, putting me in a headlock and then ruffling my hair.

“Jordan! Stop!” I squealed and tried to push him away, “You jerk!” I laughed.

-Danny-
I was having so much fun with everyone else. I noticed that the Penguins were pretty close with Mckayla, always hugging her, picking her up and spinning her around, kissing her cheek, high fiving her, just being there all the time. I didn’t know if I was jealous or what, but every time one of them would go near her, she would always leave and come back over towards me, hug me and kiss my cheek.

When Mckayla was off with the girls, or someone else, the guys would come over, pat me on the back and tell me that I better take care of her or they would come after me.

Max was currently the one talking to me, telling me that Mckayla meant a lot to them, she was there for them when they lost to Detroit last season. I knew that she didn’t know the team long, but he said that it didn’t take them long to consider her family.

As soon as Max left, Kris and Tyler came over, they basically said the same thing that the others said and then made the threat that if I ever hurt Mckayla that I would be in a world of hurt.

When they left, Geno walked over, he ended up sitting me down and talking to me. Our conversation took longer than I thought would because he had to slowly talk to make sure that I was understanding everything that he was telling me.

“What was that?” I asked and he sighed and looked at me.

“I think Dup like you,” Geno said and I looked at him, “Kay happy with you, he be happy, Dup like you.”

“Thanks, Mckayla says that she and her Uncle are close, so I’d be happy to get his approval,” I said and Geno smiled, patted my shoulder and nodded his head.

“I like you,” he said and I smirked and we shook hands, “Go have fun.”

-Mckayla-
It was late and we were partying and having a good time. Dancing, drinking, laughing, being around friends, it was something that I never really got the chance to do a lot.

I danced with everyone, but mostly stuck to Danny. Max was somewhere on the beach with two of the girls that he brought with him, Jordan and Heather were dancing, Kris and Anna were playing Frisbee, Ben and Alicia were throwing rocks into the water, Geno and Ashley were off talking, or at least trying to talk, Geno had a really bad English barrier. Tyler was drinking with some of the girls that Max brought and Marc and Vero were sitting around the fire.

The party was dying down and something was telling me that we were going to fall asleep on the beach. Danny looked like he was sleeping by the fire. Before he laid down, I had placed a big blanket down and then sat next to him, just staring at the fire. Marc and Vero went back to the house and Max was still gone. Mostly everyone else was around the fire either falling asleep or just talking.

“Wow, I missed some party,” I heard and turned my head and nearly froze.