Big Changes

029:

Chapter Twenty Nine
-Sidney-
It was late and I woken up by my cellphone going off. I growled and then pushed myself off of the bed so I could grab it on my nightstand, ‘…Who the fuck is calling me at- Two in the morning!...’ I thought as I looked at the screen and saw Mckayla’s name and picture pop up. My heart skipped a beat when I saw it, ‘…Has she forgiven me?...’ I answered the phone, “Mckayla?”

“You Rat Bastard!!!” she slurred loudly and I looked at the phone confused.

“Kay?”

“We Were Happy!!! Happy, You Hear Me!!! And You Ruined That!!!”

“Are you drunk?” I asked as I rubbed my eyes and turned the light on.

“You just had to be an ass to Danny-“

“Mckayla, where are you? You’re drunk!” I said as I sighed and rubbed my face.

“I Hate You Sid! You Ruined It!” she yelled and I sighed.

“You don’t mean that,” I said and heard her crying.

“You’re Right. I should, I really should, but I can’t hate you,” she said and I felt guilty for making her feel this way still after six months, “All those times you almost kissed me, I wanted you to.”

“What?” I asked confused at what she was saying.

“I wanted you Sid! You took too long! You ruined that chance, and now you’re ruining my chance with Danny!”

“What are you talking about?”

“I like you Sid! You fuckin’ idiot!” she said and my stomach dropped, “I liked you and you didn’t do anything about it!”

“Kay, I like you- I still do!”

“I’m with Danny!”

“But you just said that-“

“I think about you a lot! A lot more than I should!” she sighed and I could hear that the party music in the back was dying out, I figured she was moving away from the party.

“I’m sorry, Kay, but I can’t feel sorry for liking you,” I said and Mckayla groaned, “Kay?”

“Why Sid? Why can’t you just- you just not ruin things?” she asked and I heard a click.

“Kay? Kay? Mckayla?!” she had hung up the phone. I sighed and sat on the end of the bed and held my face, ‘…She liked me. Why didn’t I do anything when she was here? She liked me…’

-Mckayla-
“Hey, Kayla, how are you feeling?” I heard and fluttered my eyes opened to see that I was in my bedroom, staring at the ceiling, “Kay?” I flinched at the bright light, “Hold on,” she said and I waited, “All right, all good.”

“Talk quieter,” I whispered and heard her giggled and felt the sheets slowly being pulled from me. I squinted my eyes opened and saw that the bedroom was dark, “Thanks.”

“Someone had too much to drink last night,” I heard and it sounded like Alicia, “What do you remember?”

“Who’s here?”

“Just me,” she said and I sighed, “Why?”

“I think I did something bad,” I said and then sat up and held my head from the massive headache that I was currently having.

“Here, take these,” she said and then handed me water and pills, “What did you do?”

“I think I called Sid, I had a dream that I did; though, I don’t think that it was a dream,” I said and saw Alicia going to my phone to see if I was right.

“Yeah,” she said and I groaned, “Talked for about a half hour,” she said and I sighed, “That’s not bad, you miss your friend, Kay. I thought you were going to tell me that you cheated on Danny or something,” she said and smiled towards me, “It’s all right.”

“No, I don’t think I did that.”

“Think?”

“I remember walking away from the party, but I don’t remember getting back here,” I said and Alicia smirked.

“Ben found you on his way back and helped you get back,” she said and I smiled and nodded my head, instantly regretting that, “You’re gunna be fine, just get some sleep.”

“I’m never drinking again.”

“Yeah, that’s what we all say, sweetie,” Alicia giggled and I sighed and got comfortable in my bed again.

-Alicia-
Mckayla was asleep in her room again, Ben was still sleeping in mine, Ashley was out somewhere, probably hooked up with someone and Anna was in the library wanting to get some work finished. I was surprised that when I walked into Mckayla’s room, Danny wasn’t there, I couldn’t help but wonder where he was.

I was sitting on the couch in the living room when a phone rang, it wasn’t mine, but I recognized it to be Mckayla’s, I hadn’t realized that I still had it. I looked down and saw that a ‘Sid’ was calling and assumed that it was Crosby. I sighed and decided that I was going to answer the phone and try to drive Sidney away.

I didn’t ever get a ‘hello’ out before he started talking, “Kay, are you-“

“I’m not Mckayla, Crosby.”

“No, you’re not.”

“No, I’m her friend, Alicia. Look, she’s hungover and asleep in her room, whatever reason why she called you doesn’t mean that she wants to start talking to you again. You hurt her, and she’s still angry with you at the fact that you didn’t want to get to know her boyfriend.”

“Look, she’s the one who called me,” he said and I sighed.

“I realized that, she didn’t mean it, don’t make a big deal about it,” I said and rolled my eyes, “She’s got a good thing with Danny, don’t ruin it!”

“Just tell her I hope she feels better,” he said and then hung up the phone and I sighed.

‘…Man Kay, you are one lucky girl to have two guys practically in love with you…’ I thought and then went back into the phone and deleted the fact that he had called. I sighed and placed the phone on the coffee table and leaned back on the couch. There was a knock on the door and I sighed and pushed myself off of the couch.

I walked over towards the door and opened it to see a messed up Danny, “You look like shit.”

“I can’t find Kay,” he said as he leaned against the doorframe and rubbed his face.

“You smell like it too,” I said as I got the stale beer smell off of him.

“Alicia!”

“Calm down, she’s asleep in her room,” I said and he sighed, sending stinky air in my face, “Wow, man you seriously need a tic tac, or a whole box!”

“I’m just gunna crash on your couch-“

“Uh, no you’re not! You’re going to crash in the shower and let me down you in soap!” I stated as I took a deep breath and then held it as I pulled Danny towards the bathroom, “Get in the shower!”

I sighed and then closed the door and walked into my bedroom to see Ben rolling around, he sat up and looked at me and yawn, “Babe, what’s up?”

“I’m calling in the bro code,” I said and Ben looked at me confused, “Danny’s in the bathroom and pretty sure he’s still drunk. He smells horrible so go help him.”

“Oh, ok,” he said and then sighed, climbed out of bed and then headed towards the bathroom.

I laid in my bed for about an hour, wondering why it was taking Ben so long to help Danny. I sighed and then climbed out of bed and walked over towards me door, out into the living room and then over to the bathroom. I heard the water still running and decided that I was going to knock on the door.

“Yeah?!” I heard Ben call.

“What are you doing in there?” I asked and jiggled the doorknob and found it to be locked.

“He smells really bad!” Ben yelled and I giggled and then sighed, “I might need another bottle of soap!”

“All I have are like girly smells.”

“Get them!” Ben yelled and I sighed and went back into my room, grabbed my soap and then walked back to the bathroom and knocked on the door.

“Got it.”

Ben opened the door and I giggled on how he looked wet, “I’m never doing this again,” he said and I bit my lip from laughing and nodded my head. I peeked my head in to see that Danny was sitting in the tub and looked like he was sleeping.

“Yeah, have fun,” I said and then turned around and walked away.

-Mckayla-
It was late in the afternoon when I decided that it was time to get up and welcome myself to the
world. My headache was gone and I was really hungry, I crawled out of bed and drug my feet over to the door and slowly opened. The sun shining into the living room got to me and I flinched at the light, quickly closing the door and walking to my desk to grab my sunglasses.

I tried again, and this time managed to walk into the living room and found Danny passed out on the couch. I smiled and then walked over towards the kitchen, wanting something to eat.

“Hey,” I heard and turned my head to see Danny sitting up, eyes squinted and a serious case of bed head.

I smiled, “Hi, sleep well.”

“I guess, I drooled all over someone’s pillow,” he said and I giggled and walked over towards him and sat down. Danny wrapped his arms around my waist and laid his head on my lap, “Why are you wearing sunglasses?”

“It’s too bright.”

“You’re hung over?” he chuckled and I sighed and nodded my head, “I don’t have a headache, just feel hungry and tired.”

“Lucky,” I said and then leaned down and kissed his head, “Danny.”

“Yeah?”

“Why do you smell like Strawberry Vanilla?”