Big Changes

003:

Chapter Three
“Whoa, whoa, whoa, you just jacked my fries! Aren’t you on some special diet or something?!” I asked as I watched as Kris and Jordan started to steal my fries.

“These are not the droids you are looking for!” Jordan said and I laughed and shook my head.

After leaving the arena, I followed the guys back to the hotel, where some of them decided that they were going to take the bus to get something to eat. We went to the steakhouse down the street and grabbed a big table. None of the guys let me sit next to my Uncle, Kris and Jordan stole the seats around me. I sat across from Sidney, while Max and Evgeni sat around him.

Sidney looked at me, “So Mckayla-“

“Just call me Kay,” I smiled towards him and he nodded his head.

“So Kay,” he said and I giggled, “What are you going to be studying at Pitt?”

“I’m going to be majoring in Public Relations and minoring in Sports and Business management,” I said and some of the guys looked at me impressed.

“What are you going to do with that?” Max asked and I smiled towards him.

“I want to manage a hockey team,” I smiled brightly and the guys laughed.

“Yo Dup! You brainwashed this girl,” the guys laughed and I smirked and shook my head.

“That’s pretty cool,” Sidney said and I nodded my head, “You know what team you want?”

“I want to start off small, I was thinking about trying to get an internship or job with the hockey team at the college, but then work my way to an AHL team and then hopefully an NHL,” I said and the guys nodded their heads.

“Seems like you got your head on straight,” Marc said and shrugged my shoulders.

“They’re just words, I just need to put them into action,” I said and he nodded his head.

“Why you no work for Pens?” Evgeni asked and I had to think about what he said because of his broken English.

“Why?” I asked and he nodded his head, “I would like to, probably my senior year though,” I said and he nodded his head.

Once dinner was over, I managed to get a lot of the guys’ numbers and found them to be really cool people. After the guys paid the bill, not letting me pay for my own food, we went back onto the bus and headed back towards the hotel where I said my goodbyes and headed towards me jeep.

“Kay!” I heard and turned around to see Sidney jogging towards me. I looked at him confused, but he pulled a piece of paper out of his pocket, “Forgot to give it back to you.”

I looked down and saw that it was my acceptance letter to Pittsburgh, “Oh thank you! I would have been really sad if I lost it.”

“I’m sure,” he said and then rubbed the back of his head, “Well I better get going, guess I’ll see you in the fall.”

“Yeah! Or maybe I’ll come visit when I have to come up for orientation,” I said and Sidney smiled and nodded his head.

“Definitely, it’ll be really great seeing you again!” he said and I smiled and nodded my head.

“Well it’s late, I better get home,” I said and he nodded his head and looked at his watch, “As Captain, you better set an example and go to bed too,” I giggled and he smirked and shrugged his shoulders.

“I’m going,” he chuckled and then looked around, “Oh brother.”

“What?” I asked and followed his eyes to see some of the players staring out the window of the hotel, “Not too subtle are they?” I laughed and Sidney shook his head.

“All the more reason to get to bed,” he sighed and then looked back towards me, “It was really great meeting you, I’m glad Duper brought you around.”

“Same here,” I said and Sidney opened my jeep door and watched as I jumped in, “See you soon.”

“Bye,” he said and then closed my door and then headed back towards the hotel.

-Sidney-
Mckayla had just left to go home, I don’t know what kind of feeling this was, but I was really happy that Pascal had introduced her to the team. She was really nice and pretty, she got along well with the guys and understood the sport that I fell in love with.

After she left, I walked back into the hotel, prepared for my torture from my teammates. They came left and right as I exited the elevator to the floor that we were staying on. I ignored them, playfully pushed my teammates, and headed towards my room.

I heard my name just as I was about to close the door to my bedroom and turned around to see Pascal standing there. I didn’t know what to think, he looked around and then walked towards me, “Don’t hurt her.”

I ruffled my eyebrows, confused at what he meant, ‘…Why would I hurt her?...’ I thought as I watched as he walked to his room, leaving me to my thoughts. I walked over towards my bed and saw my roommate, Evgeni on the balcony talking on the phone in Russian. I sighed and then collapsed onto my bed and tried to get some sleep, because it was pretty late.

-Mckayla-
“Kay, do you have any idea what time it is?!” my mom stated as I walked through the front door.

“Um,” I looked at my phone to see that it was after one, “Early in the morning.”

“Young lady, you were out too late!”

“I was just out with Uncle P and his teammates, Aunt Carol was there too!” I said and she pointed towards the stairs, “Mom! I’m twenty! I’m not a child, I can be out as late as I want!”

“You live under my roof!” she said and I growled.

‘…Not for very long…’ I thought and glared at her, “I’m too tired to argue.”

I walked up the stairs to my room and collapsed onto my bed. I was tired, too tired to even change out of my clothes, but I knew I needed to. I pushed myself out of bed and changed into my pajamas and then climbed back into bed and under the covers. Just when I was getting comfortable, I heard my phone going off telling me that I had a text.

‘…Who the hell is that?...’ I thought as I sat back up and grabbed my phone on my nightstand and saw that Jordan Staal was texting me. He just told me that it was nice to meet me and he’s really excited for me to come to Pittsburgh in the fall because I seemed like a pretty cool person. I smiled and responded with a smiley face and saying that I was going to bed, too tired to finish anything else.

When morning game, I woke up early because I had a nine in the morning class. Philosophy, I hated this class, I hated the teacher more. Never could I do anything right for this teacher, he never gives me good grades on my papers and I’m use to writing ‘A’ or ‘B’ papers.

I drag my butt to school and sit down in the back with the coffee that I bought after stopping at Dunkin Donuts. I got my notebook out and waited patiently for the teacher to show up; however, most of the time he was late to class.

“Boy you look like you had a rough night,” I heard and turned my head to see the one guy that was in my class, but I never talked to.

“Uh, no,” I laughed a little, “My friends and family came into town last night and we were up pretty late.”

“Sounds like fun,” he said and I nodded my head. After at least fifteen minutes of silence, the teacher was late, we found something to talk about, “Is he ever going to be on time?”

“Highly doubt it. It’s the end of the semester, why would he bother to show up on time now?” I laughed and he smirked and nodded his head.

“I’m Eric,” he said and held out his hand.

“Mckayla,” I said and we shook and started to talk about some things. He must have noticed my Pittsburgh Penguins patch that I recently sewed onto my backpack.

“So you like hockey?” he asked and I looked at him and nodded my head, “Big fan?”

“Pretty much,” I said and he smirked.

“I’m not much of a fan, but if there’s nothing on, I’ll watch it,” he said and I smirked, “I know we have two teams, but, are they any good?”

“Sometimes, the Penguins had a shut out last night,” I said and he looked at me confused, “Penguins won with two to zero.”

“Oh, right, right,” he said and I smirked, “You don’t see many hockey fans down here.”

“I’m originally from Canada,” I said and he laughed.

“That explains it! Hockey is like implanted in your blood!” he said and I giggled and shrugged my shoulders, “How’d you end up in Florida?”

“Parents, didn’t like the cold anymore, go figure,” I said and then looked towards the door because I heard it open.

“Get out your notes and can someone tell me where I left off last?!” the teacher asked as he walked into the room and headed towards the podium in the front.

“And let the torture begin!” I muttered and then sighed and got my pen ready.

“Could be worse?” Eric said and I looked at him confused, “Yeah, no, it sounded better in my head.”

I giggled a little and then snapped my head to the front when I heard the teacher talking. He was looking right at us. I froze where I sat and looked towards my notebook, “I’m guessing you two are finished? Can we finally get started with the lesson?”

‘…You’re the one who’s late!...’ I thought, but nodded my head and bit back a giggle as I looked towards Eric, ‘…His goofiness kind of reminds me of Jordan. Naw, Jordan is way funnier…’