Big Changes

031:

Chapter Thirty One
“What do you want, Sid?”

“I just wanted to see how you were doing? Jordan told me that you were a little stressed because of school,” he said and I sighed.

“I’m fine, why did you call on my Uncle’s phone?”

“Only way you would answer,” he said and I rolled my eyes.

“Well I can’t talk right now,” I said and sighed, “I have to go.”

“Oh, all right, sorry if I bothered you,” Sidney said and I looked at the ground sadly.

“Sorry Sid, bye.”

“Bye Kay,” he said and I hit ‘end’ on the phone and then looked at the ground.

‘…I was a bitch to him…’ I thought and then shook my head, ‘…Stop thinking about him! He’s going to ruin your relationship with Danny!...’

“Kay?” I heard and looked to my side and saw Danny walking out of the bedroom with only sweats on, “You all right? You weren’t in bed.”

“Yeah sorry, my Uncle called,” I lied and then instantly felt guilty for lying to him.

“Oh, all right, you coming back to bed?” he asked and I sighed and looked at the time and saw that it was ten in the morning. It was Sunday, we didn’t have anything to do, I was just trying to wake up earlier so that I wasn’t in bed all day, but looking at Danny, that wasn’t going to happen.

“Yeah I’m coming,” I smiled as I stood up and followed him back into the bedroom and cuddled into his side on the full size bed.

-Sidney-
“You talk to her?” Pascal asked as I handed him back his phone.

“Yeah.”

“How’d it go?” he asked and I sighed and shook my head, “I’m sorry man.”

“It’s fine,” I muttered and then walked over towards my locker so that I could start putting my gear on to get ready for practice. I pulled out my phone and scrolled to a picture of Mckayla and I, I smiled a little and then sighed and put my phone away, hoping that one day she might come back to Pittsburgh and give me a chance.

“Crosby!” I heard and looked up to see Coach looking at me, “Ready?”

“Yeah, I’m coming.”

-Mckayla-
“Hey babe,” I heard and turned around while walking down the walkway towards my class and say Danny heading towards me.

“Hey,” I smiled and then placed my hands on his chest and kissed his cheek, “Where are you going?”

“My class was canceled, where are you going?”

“Advertising class,” I said and he smirked.

“Big class?” he asked and I nodded my head, “Great, I’ll come too.”

“What?” I asked and laughed, “No!”

“Why?”

“Because if you come, I’ll never be able to pay attention!” I laughed and he shrugged his shoulders and threw his arm around my shoulder.

“I have my laptop, I’ll go on ESPN or something,” he said and I scoffed.

“Don’t you have something better to do than come to my class?”

“Like what?”

“I don’t know- Sleep?” I asked and Danny laughed.

“It’ll be all right,” he said and I sighed and rolled my eyes.

“Whatever,” I muttered and hip bumped him as we headed towards the building that my class was in.

My class had about two hundred students in it and we were in an auditorium style classroom, I usually sat in the middle, but closer to the front. Danny followed me and plopped down in the seat next to me, he pulled out his laptop and started doing his own thing.

A few minutes later my teacher walked into the room and started to give his lecture, I took typed up some notes and paid attention, happy that Danny was really keeping to himself and just being on ESPN. This was an hour and half class, so half way through it, when Danny ran out of sports stuff to read he looked at me and sighed.

“Still have at least forty minutes to go,” I giggled and Danny rolled his eyes. I watched as he put his laptop away and leaned back in his chair. I went back to typing the notes when I felt Danny place his hand in-between my thighs, my eyes widened and I snapped my head towards him, but he didn’t move his hand, it just sat there, “What are you doing?” I whispered and Danny smirked, his eyes closed and his head leaned back.

I was right, I wasn’t able to concentrate with Danny’s hand being where it was. I couldn’t get out of the class quick enough by the end.

“Are you done for the day?” Danny asked and I nodded my head, “Perfect,” he said and grabbed my hand and headed for the bus stop.

“Too lazy to walk?” I giggled and Danny shrugged his shoulders and I looked to see that the campus bus was coming, “Might as well.”

The bus picked us up and I saw that there were a lot of people on it. There were no seats left so Danny and I had to stand. Danny held onto the top bar and I placed a hand on the side bar and the other on Danny’s jacket. I felt Danny’s arm lazily hanging from my shoulder and his head was on top of mine.

“Don’t you have one more class?” I asked and he shook his head.

“Only on Tuesday’s, today’s Thursday,” he said and I nodded my head. The bus stopped at a stop and a girl that had been sitting where we were standing stood up. Danny quickly placed me in the seat and then stood next to me.

We finally got to my bus stop and then walked back to the apartment, as soon as the door was closed, Danny called out asking if someone was home, no one answered, so he took the opportunity to spin me around and press his lips onto mine.

“I see what you’re thinking now,” I giggled and threw my backpack onto the couch and pulled Danny into my room.

“I was hoping that you would catch on,” he chuckled and placed his hands on my thighs, picked me up and kicked the door closed.

-Danny-
“Hey babe, you waited for me,” I smiled as I saw Mckayla waiting in the hallway under the stadium. It was Saturday and we had just won our game against Notre Dame with the final score being thirty to forty one. It was a big win for us and since it was close to the end of the season, scouts for the NFL would be out.

“Great game, nice touchdown,” Mckayla said and I smiled, walked up to her and wrapped my arm around her shoulder and kissed her.

“Thanks, it was really a great pass from Fisher,” I said and she giggled and kissed my cheek.

“Walker!” I heard and turned around to see Coach walking over towards, “Some Scouts want to talk to you.”

“What?” I asked and he nodded his head and patted my shoulder.

“Go get them kid!”

“Go Danny,” Mckayla smiled brightly towards me, “You’ve got this!”

“All right,” I said as I followed Coach towards his office and saw that there were Scouts there, two from different teams, the Baltimore Ravens and Pittsburgh Steelers. The first thing I thought of was Pittsburgh, the place that Mckayla wants to go, the place where her friends and family is, the Penguins, the team that she really wants to work for in hockey. I decided what team I would chose before they even gave me an offer, I was going to choose Pittsburgh for Mckayla.

By the end of the meeting, Pittsburgh was the one that I wanted to choose, they wanted to give me two days to finalize my decision, but I knew that’s what I wanted. I was going to be playing for the Pittsburgh Powers, the AFL team. The Steelers wanted to see what skills I had in a newer environment with different people.

“So? Who wanted to talk to you?” Mckayla asked as she stood with some of my teammates.

“Well, the first thing that they said was that I make a better receiver than a tackle,” I said and my teammates laughed a little, “But Pittsburgh and Baltimore are interested in me.”

“The Ravens and Steelers, damn Dan, that’s awesome!” my friend Corey said and the guys patted y back, “Which one will you choose?”

I looked towards Mckayla and smiled towards her, “I think I might go with Pittsburgh,” I said and then smiled brighter when I saw her face light up.

“Really?” she asked and then hugged me.

“I’d do anything for you Kay,” I breathed into her ear, “I know being with you Uncle will make you happy, and Ben told me what you said,” I said and she looked at me confused, “About following me. I figured Baltimore doesn’t have a hockey team and your friends and family are in Pittsburgh.”

“You’re too good to me Danny Walker,” Mckayla said and I smiled and pressed my lips on hers and heard some of my teammates cheer.

“That’s because I love you.”