Big Changes

032:

Chapter Thirty Two
-Mckayla-
“So are you gunna come?”

“Huh?” I asked and looked towards Danny sitting next to me.

“You hear me?”

“About what?” I asked and he sighed, “Sorry.”

“My mom wants to know if you want to come to my house for Thanksgiving,” he said and I looked at him surprised, “Were you going to go home?”

“No, we have- What? Four days off? No point in going to Florida,” I said and leaned back against him.

“So come home with me,” Danny said and I laid down on his lap and looked up at him.

“All right,” I smiled and Danny chuckled and started to play with my hair.

“You’re going love my mom, she’s pretty awesome.”

‘…Crap, I’ve never met his parents before…’ I thought as I sighed and rubbed my face.

“You all right?” he asked and I looked at him and nodded my head, “You sure?”

“Midterms,” I said and he chuckled and nodded his head.

“Say no more, I completely understand,” he said and I smiled and nodded my head.

‘…I keep lying to him. Why do I keep lying to him?...’ I thought as I felt my phone going off in my pocket. I sighed and ignored him, letting the ringtone run through.

“You’re not going to get that?” Danny asked and I shook my head, “Who are you avoiding?”

“Well,” I said and pulled out my phone, ‘…Of course it’s Sid, why won’t he leave me alone…’

“Kay?” Danny said and then took my phone and looked at it, “Crosby’s been calling you?” he asked as he saw that I had four missed calls from Sidney.

“Yeah,” I said and Danny sighed.

“Why are you avoiding him?” he asked and I sighed and shrugged my shoulders, “Kay, I know you might not say this out loud, but he’s your friend.”

“I know but, I don’t like how he treated you.”

“Who cares about that?!” Danny said and I looked at him, “Kay, I know he has a thing for you, but I trust you. Just call him,” I looked at him and sighed, “Do you miss him?”

“Like crazy,” I admitted and Danny gave me a little smile and handed me the phone. I stood up and walked into my bedroom, shutting the door and giving Sidney a call.

“Hello?”

“Sid,” I breathed and I heard a sigh.

“Kay, you don’t know how good it is to hear from you. I thought you were avoiding me,” he said and I sighed.

“I was.”

“Look, I know I did some stupid shit and said even worse, I’m sorry I hurt you, you’re my best friend and I don’t want you mad at me. I miss you.”

“I miss you too Sid, I really do,” I said and Sidney gave a little chuckle.

“Do you forgive me?”

“Yes,” I said and Sidney.

“Thank god,” he said and I smiled, “Are you coming down for Thanksgiving? Dupers hosting.”

“Um, I don’t know, I didn’t realize he was having one,” I said and then thought about Danny’s offer, “I might, and bring Danny too.”

“All right,” Sidney said and sighed, “It’ll be great to see you again, Kay.”

“You too,” I smiled.

“Well I have to go, it’s always something with me,” Sidney said and I giggled.

“All right, I’ll talk to you later, tell the guys I said hi.”

“Will do. Bye Kay.”

“Bye Sid,” I said and then hung up the phone and sighed. It might have been a two minute conversation, but damn, it gave me feelings that I wanted to lock away and not bring out again.

There was a knock on the door and Danny walked in, “You two good?”

“Yeah, we’re good,” I said and Danny nodded his head and sat next to me on the couch, “Um, listen, I know you said that you were going to go to your parents for Thanksgiving, but-“

“Who’s having it?”

“My Uncle,” I said and Danny looked at me, “I don’t think you ever met my Aunt either.”

“You want to go to Pittsburgh for Thanksgiving?” Danny asked and I looked at him and nodded my head, “All right, but the weekend before, can we go meet my parents?”

“Yes, of course!” I said and Danny smiled and nodded his head.

“Great.”

-Sidney-
“When’s she gunna be here?” I asked Pascal as we came in from practice.

“Relax, her and Danny are skipping their Wednesday classes and are flying in tonight, and flying out Sunday afternoon,” Pascal said and I smiled, “Look, I know you’re excited to see her- I know you all are, but Sid, remember, she has a boyfriend.”

“I know,” I said and Pascal rolled his eyes.

“She seems pretty happy with him, don’t screw it up for her,” Pascal said and I nodded my head, “You tell her about the house?”

“I wanted to show her,” I said and Pascal nodded his head

“Carol’s gunna pick them up at the airport while we’re at the game, she should be here after,” Pascal said and I nodded my head, excited for tonight.

Two weeks have passed since I started to talk to Mckayla again and she was flying in tonight for her Thanksgiving break, I couldn’t wait to see her again.

-Mckayla-
“I’m so happy to see you, sweetheart!” Aunt Carol said as she hugged me and kissed my cheek, “Where’s Danny?”

“His mom got really sick when we went to visit her and she’s in the hospital. He told me to come without him,” I said and Aunt Carol nodded her head.

“Well the guys will be really excited to see you.”

“I know I’m really excited to see them,” I smiled and walked with Aunt Carol out of the airport and towards her car. She took me to the new arena, The Consol and dropped me off, saying that Uncle P can give me a ride back.

I walked through the backdoors, said ‘hi’ to the security and showed my ID, the guys must have hinted that I would be coming. I convinced one of the guards to give me a personalized tour to the locker room, because I knew I was going to get lost if I didn’t have help, and I saw that it was the end of the second period.

‘…Guys should be in the locker room…’ I thought as I walked over towards the door and peeked my head in to see that Coach was saying some words.

“Mckayla?” I heard and turned to see the head doctor of the team.

“Hi Doc,” I smiled and he waved towards me, “What’s the score?”

“Were down by one, against Ottawa,” he said and I nodded my head and looked back towards the door, “I’m guessing they don’t know you’re here.”

“They’re about to,” I said and then shoved the door opened, “I Know You’re Not Losing To Ottawa!!!”

“KAY!!!” Jordan yelled and he jumped up and ran over towards me, “My partner in crime is back and I’ve missed you so much!”

“All right, calm your tits, Gronk!” I said and the guys laughed and stood up to give me a hug, “Sorry Coach, had to just barge right in.”

“That’s all right, not like I had a speech or anything planned,” he said with a smirk on his face.

“Oh, that’s good,” I said and he chuckled and rolled his eyes.

“Always a pleasure having you Mckayla.”

“I know right!” I said and saw my Uncle and ran over towards him, “I’ve missed you!”

“I missed you too, kid!”

I looked around and saw Sidney, I smiled and walked over towards him and hugged him, “I missed you Kay.”

“I’ve missed you too, Sid,” I said and hugged him a little tighter. I pulled back and smacked him upside the head.

“Ow!”

“Don’t lose to Ottawa!”

“Yes, because we plan on losing!” he said and I smirked and shrugged my shoulders.

“You could have fooled me.”

“You just wait, we’re gunna win!” Jordan said and I smirked.

“All right, I’ll wait right here,” I said and then sat down in the place where Sidney was sitting and crossed my legs, they looked at me and I smirked, “I’m waiting.”