Big Changes

007:

Chapter Seven
“Nicely done, Captain,” I smiled as I walked into the locker room after sitting in the Family Suite with Vero and some of the other girlfriends or wives. Aunt Carol stayed home with my mom to relax. My Dad didn’t want to come to the game, but I didn’t know what he was up to.

“Thanks,” he said as I stood in front of him and he finished up fixing his tie.

Game three of the Finals against the Red Wings was finished and Pittsburgh won with the final score being three to two. The guys were happy to get the win in there, in fear that they might be shut out of the Finals.

“I say we all go out and celebrate!” Jordan said as he came over to me and flung his arm around my shoulders, “What do you say, Kay?”

“Pretty sure that you have a series to finish,” I said and Sidney smirked.

“We have an off day tomorrow,” he said and I looked towards Sidney, “Come on, let’s go to Diesels!”

A lot of people said that they were in, all that was left was to convince the Captain to go. Uncle P told me that he was going to go home and I had most of the guys offer to give me a ride home.

“Make sure she gets home, my home! Not any of yours and anyone else’s!” Uncle P said and I rolled my eyes and sat next to Sidney.

“What is Diesels?” I asked and Sidney looked at me unamused.

“It’s just a club,” he said and my eyes widened.

“But I’m not dressed for a club!” I said and Sidney smirked.

“We don’t have to go to the club then,” he said and I looked at him confused, “I’m still thinking about that house that you promised to help me with.”

I smiled and nodded my head, “All right, I’m in. So how do we sneak away?”

“Leave that to me,” he said and I giggled and nodded my head.

-Sidney-
“Are we ready to go?” Max asked as he looked at everyone, “Kay, you riding with me?”

“Actually, she’s gunna ride with me,” Jordan said as his arm flung around Mckayla’s shoulder.

“Sorry Gronk, Cap called me first,” Mckayla said and I bit back a smirk.

“We’ll meet you there,” I said as Mckayla walked over towards me and I placed my hand on the small of her back and led her out of the locker room, heading towards the parking lot and to my car. The drive to Mario’s was a comfortable quiet, every time I looked over towards Mckayla she was staring out the window at the sights. I smiled at how amusing her facial expressions were.

“Whoa, you live here?!” she asked as I drove through the gates onto the Lemieux estate.

“Well, this is Mario’s home, I just live here,” I said and she smiled towards me and then looked back towards the mansion.

“It’s so big!” she said as I pulled towards my side of the home, “You have your own entrance?!”

“Yeah, this whole wing is mine,” I said, “Come on.”

I parked the car and we walked over towards front door, I brought her inside the home and watched as she kicked her shoes off and looked around the place. I listened to her mutter about how big the place was, she walked through the living room, kitchen, bathroom and headed towards the bedroom.

“I’m surprised everything is clean,” she said and I blushed.

“It’s not my place so I don’t want to trash it,” I answered and she giggled.

“So you’re saying that if it was, it’d be trashed?” she asked and my eyes widened and I struggled for an answer, “I’m just playing with ya, Sid,” I watched as she walked over towards the couch and plopped down on it, “So, do you have paper?”

“Yeah, I have something for you,” I said and then walked over towards the closet and pulled out the bag, a purchase I had made today after practice. I walked back over towards her and then sat down, “I honestly didn’t know what to get and I felt pretty awkward in the store but-“ I handed the confused girl the bag and watched as she carefully took it and opened it.

“Sid, you- you didn’t have to,” she said and I gave her a small smile.

“Did I get it right?” I asked as I watched as she pulled the sketch pad out and the drawing pencils.

Mckayla giggled and nodded her head, “It’s pretty hard to mess it up since they both say ‘drawing’ on them.”

“Yeah but-“ I stopped mid-sentence as she leaned over and kissed my cheek.

“Thanks Sid,” I nodded my head and watched as she opened the large sketch pad and then opened the box of pencils, “All right, questions!”

“What kind of questions?” I asked as she started to right something on the paper.

“You’ll see.”

-Mckayla-
I had asked him personal, logical and creative questions. The questions ranged from dream house to what room would you prefer where. We had fun and I managed to get all the questions out that I wanted.

“So how did you know to ask all of those questions?” Sidney asked and I looked up from the pad towards him.

“I took a class my first semester in college,” I said and Sidney smirked, “I was interested in it, my parents didn’t know, I managed to pay for it before my parents saw.”

“Why did you have to hide it?”

“My parents want me to become something successful, which I understand and it’s only what parents think, but- I realize the two things that I want to do can’t guarantee a well-paid job position, but it’s what I want to do.”

“At least you know what you want to do, it’s your life, don’t let them tell you what to do,” he said and I looked towards him and gave him a sad smile.

“You don’t know my parents, Sid,” I said and then looked down.

“Hey,” I was a little surprised to feel Sidney gently cupping my chin and making me look at him, “Take it from me, you can’t let your parents tell you what to do for the rest of your life?”

“Your mom or dad?” I asked and Sidney sighed and I felt his hand drop from my chin.

“My dad, I know he means well, just like yours does, but-“

“He can mean a little too well,” I said and Sidney nodded his head. I smirked and sat up and leaned in towards him, “I’ll stand up to mine if your stand up to yours.”

He snorted and rolled his eyes, “My dad is in his own little world.”

“So is mine, he’s pissed that I want to get into Public Relations.”

“Why? That’s a good job, you can make a lot of money in the position,” he said and I sighed and shrugged my shoulders.

“Can we stop talking about this depressing crap?” I asked and Sidney nodded his head and then looked around the room, “What do you want to do?”

“Let’s watch a movie,” Sidney said and I nodded my head and got comfortable as Sidney got up and walked towards the DVDs on the side of his entertainment center.

It was a little hard to get comfortable in my jeans and nice shirt, Sidney must have seen that when he walked back towards the couch, “You want some clothes? You look uncomfortable.”

“Um, sure,” I said softly and he nodded his head and walked towards his bedroom, ‘…What’s going on here?...’ I thought as I got up and followed after him and walked into his bedroom.

“They’re going to be really big on you, but they’re comfortable,” Sidney said as he handed me a pair of sweats and a shirt, “I’ll change in the bathroom.”

“Thanks,” I said and he nodded his head and walked out of the room, closing the door behind him. I took a deep breath and took the chance to look around the room, everything in his home was plain, barely any decorations, no pictures. I grabbed the clothes and slowly changed into them. They were big on me, there was no doubt about that, but I smelled his clothes and almost melted, they smelled just like him. I quickly brought myself back down to earth and folded my clothes and left them on the bed, leaving the room and seeing that Sidney was already sitting on the couch.

-Sidney-
I had put in the movie Iron Man, it just came out last month in theaters and I didn’t get a chance to see it. Kris had a friend that bootlegged movies and I bought a copy off of him, it was made really well. During the movie I looked over towards Mckayla and saw that she wasn’t paying attention, she had the little lamp next to her head on and she was focusing on something on the sketch pad. I looked down and saw that her toes were tucked under my leg and then towards her and saw that my hand, spread out on the back of the couch, was close to her bent knees.

“Whatchya working on?” I asked and Mckayla looked up and then smirked and pulled her pad closer to her.

“Nothing.”

“What? I can’t see it?” I asked and she giggled and shook her head, “Why not?”

“Because it’s not finished yet,” she said and I rolled my eyes, “No one’s allowed to see my work until it’s finished.”

“I’m sure it’s pretty cool-“

“No one!” she said and I sighed and nodded my head, “Not even Uncle P.”

“Is it the house?” I asked and she nodded her head, “Now that makes me want to see it more.”

There was a knock on my front door and I sighed and looked at my watch to see that it was almost one in the morning.

“Did the guys find me?” she asked and I shrugged my shoulders, paused the movie and stood up.

I walked to the front door and opened it, ready to face the heat from my teammates, but was surprised to see Mario standing there. He was in his pajamas and looking at me sleepily. I moved out of the way so that he could come in and saw his Golden Retriever, Sammy following him.

“I’m surprised you’re still up,” Mario said as he walked more into the house and then saw McKayla on the couch, “Oh, you have company.”

“Sorry, I’ll leave,” Mckayla said and closed her pad.

“No, it’s all right! Sid usually doesn’t go out after the game, and when he gets home goes to bed. I was surprised to see the lights on when I was getting a drink,” Mario said and I sighed.

“Kay and I were just watching a movie, she didn’t feel like going to the club either,” I said and Mario nodded his head.

“Kay? That Mckayla, Duper’s niece?” Mario asked and she nodded her head and smiled, “Nice to finally meet you, heard a lot about you from Dan.”

“Nice to meet you too, heard a lot from Sid,” she smiled and I scratched the back of my head.

Mario looked towards the TV and saw the paused movie and then smiled towards me, “Right, you kids have fun,” he said and then patted my shoulder walked out of the room, “Come on Sammy!”

“Bye puppy,” Mckayla said and I smirked and watched as the dog followed his Master.

“Right, where were we,” I said as I locked the front door and plopped down on the couch.

“Movie-“

“No, drawing,” I said and Mckayla rolled her eyes, grabbed the remote and hit play, “Or movie, that too.”