Status: I wrote it out of boredum one day. I'm taking creative writing so I might add to it later. Thanks for reading.(:

Love in Paintball

O N E

"What're you doing, you can't be here!" Persephone said breathlessly.

"I'm not leaving you here to fight him yourself, you wouldn't survive," Thomas answered firmly.

"Oh, please, I can so take ca-" She was cut off by a paint ball hitting her vest. Lights and sirens went off, signaling she was out.

Thomas was snickering to himself, trying to be discrete and failing.

"Oh, hush you. I can take care of myself when my life really depends on it," She came to her own defense.

"I'm sure you can, Babe, but if you ever need help I'll be here, okay?" He teased her with a smirk.

"Yeah, yeah," She mumbled while walking to the front of the arena.

Persephone Wilkinson was an average junior in high school. Well, maybe not average. She didn't have many friends, she wasn't athletic or involved in any after school activities. She was 5'2, long brown hair down to her lower back, brown eyes and just tad under weight. She wasn't the most beautiful, but she wasn't ugly either.

Thomas was 6'1, shaggy brown hair, not Justin Bieber style more like Alex Gaskarth. He also had the most striking green eyes you'll ever see on a boy. He had enough sense to know what to wear, he had a great personality and people just fell in love with him. He was just easy to get along with.

Her on the other hand, was not.

She cursed like a sailor, was sarcastic, and could be very rude. On the flip side, she was nice and caring to the people she cared about, that number was small. She was also a hopeless romantic, she always hoped she would meet someone and they would click.

Like in the movies, but she was too much of a realist to believe any of the things she cooked up in her head.

She'd known Thomas since she was a child, but as they got older her and Thomas got closer. She couldn't understand why. Thomas was attractive and girls were always all over him, and yet he still hung out with her on a regular basis.

"Hello..?" Thomas was waving his hand in front of her face, trying to get her attention.

"Sorry, what?" She snapped out of la la land.

He chuckled, "I was talking to you for a few minutes before I realized you weren't even listening. You okay?"

She was shocked she'd been zoned out for that long. "Oh, yeah, I'm fine. Just day dreaming."

Now he looked interested with a teasing smirk, "Oh yeah? Who has your attention all wrapped up?"
"Not someone, something," She mumbled looking down.