Status: In progress

Something I Need

Lena

Tammy was going home for the weekend, so I had told Alex to come by the dorms and I would sign him in, allowing him to stay tonight. We didn't have anything special planned, but it was exciting just to have him here.

I sat in my room in anticipation, pacing around and glancing at my history book now and then for next class. As soon as my phone went off I practically dived for it. I saw his name and my stomach filled with butterflies as the message said Here

I ran down to the lobby and saw him standing just inside the door. I caught his eye and the smile lit up his face. I ran over to him, wrapping my arms around him, burying my face into the crook of his neck. He squeezed me tightly and my feet lifted off the ground a little.

"I missed you" I mumbled, squeezing him even tighter.

"I'm here now" he finally let go and I sighed and then pulled him towards the desk, signing him in.

I latched onto his hand and pulled him through the door, up the stairs and down the hall to the dorm. I unlocked it and he followed me in. He breathed a sigh of relief as I dropped my keys on the desk.

"So, I--" and just as I turned around I felt his hand wrap around my waist and pull me in. My heart skipped a beat as his other hand pulled me in even closer.

"Alex..."

"What?"

I placed my hands on his cheeks, "I really missed you, you know? We were apart way too much in the past couple months"

His hand came up and grabbed my wrist and he kissed the palm of my hand before intertwining our fingers, "We're together now, and tonight, I'm all yours"

"What about tomorrow?"

"I'm always yours"

"You're going to make that team and we're going to make this work"

"You sound anxious" he said, now grabbing both my hands in his, "It's going to be okay. We're going to be okay"

"You know it's not junior hockey, this changes everything"

He sighed, grabbed my hand and sat down on the bed and he motioned for me to sit next to him. I did and he spoke again.

"You, my dear, worry too much. You have to live right now. Not two months or even two days from now. I'm here and I'm not going anywhere", His thumb traced along my jawline, "I love you"

"I love you too"

"Then be here tonight, with me, okay?"

I nodded and he laid down on my bed and I laid next to him, my head buried in his shoulder and my hand on his chest. His arm wrapped around and rested on my waist, I could feel him trace up and down my side.

It was silent, and everything about the moment was perfect. I got lost in the silence and the sound of his heart and the feeling of him tracing along my side. And then I felt his finger trace along my waist, along the top of my jeans. My eyes opened and I shifted a little and he noticed. His hand left my side and then he swung around and he was looking down at me. I could see the strength in his arms as he held himself up. I closed the gap and lifted myself up to kiss him. It was our first kiss in a long time, and it was like I was kissing him for the first time.

His hand slid down and reached under my shirt and I gasped slightly from the cold touch. He started to pull at the hem and I let him pull my t-shirt over my head. He kissed me again and then I pulled at the hem of his shirt and I watched him pull it over his head, inhaling sharply at the sight of him. He was already getting stronger, muscles defined.

He leaned down and kissed me again and then I forced him down, flipping on top of him, "You always look better on top" he said, his eyes scanning up and down.

I could feel it in the pit of my stomach, I wanted him.

I looked down and tugged at his jeans, "And you look better with nothing on"

He sat up on his elbows and he smirked, "You're anxious again"

"This is a different anxious"

"You want me?"

I nodded, "Badly"

I leaned down and kissed him again and the rest of the night I hoped to God no one could hear me.

--

I fell back on the bed and tried to slow my breathing. I felt him turn his head and look over at me. I met his gaze, "What?" I breathed.

"You're beautiful"

I turned over and buried my head into the crook of his neck, breathing in his scent, his heart still racing.

"I missed that"

He chuckled, "So did I"

I looked up and then he met my gaze this time, "Can we just stay here forever?" I said quietly, "It's perfect"

He sighed, "If only"

I sat up on top of him, tracing up and down his chest and stomach, "Stay the weekend" I said, "I have a meeting for class tomorrow night, but come back again, stay the night, Tammy isn't back until Sunday."

He sat up and leaned against the wall, his hands gripped my waist and pulled me closer to him. I wrapped my arms around his neck, clasping my hands behind his head, "We could stay in bed"

I nodded, "And instead of homework, I could do you"

He laughed, "You're crazy"

"And yet you still love me"

He was silent, keeping his eyes on mine. He was searching for something, "Baby?" I placed my hand on his cheek, "Alex"

"I love you" he said, "I'm really in love with you"

"I love you too" I replied, "More than you'll know"

He kissed me, but there was desperation, fear and I didn't understand why. He grabbed my waist again and turned me around, placing me under him, without detaching his lips from mine.

"Alex" I gasped. His lips were on my neck now and I was finding it difficult to stop him but I put my hands on his chest, "Alex" he stopped now, "What?"

"You need to slow down, I'm hungry. If you want to go again I need fuel" I laughed. He smirked and sat up, "What do you want?"

"Pizza" I said pulling my tshirt over my head, "large"

He laughed but didn't disagree, "Anything for you" he leaned in and gently kissed me, "You have a number?"

I gave him the number and he called using my phone. It was about twenty minutes before it got to the dorms and I went down to the lobby with his money and grabbed it, running quickly back up. He sat on the bed across from me, a large deluxe pizza in between us, extra cheese.

"Thank you" I said, taking a bite, "I guess I worked up quite an appetite" I told him.

He laughed and took a bite, "Well you make it hard for me" he kept his eyes on me and then laughed again, "What?" I whined. He reached across and pulled a piece of bacon from my hair, tossing it in the nearby garbage can, "Cute" he smirked.

"I know" I smiled big and then took another bite, "This is so good, better than sex"

He raised an eyebrow, "Better than sex?"

I bit my lip, "Can you prove me wrong?" I was playing with him, and I could already see his competitive nature come out.

"You know I can baby"

"Then I dare you to show me" he put half his slice down and I followed. He closed the box and set it on the desk, "Right now?"

I pulled my shirt over my head, "Right now"