Life of a Lab Rat

Life Of A Lab Rat

You wouldn't call this living. Not really. It's not not living either.

Being kept in the dark like an animal, chained to a wall. I don't know what the sky looks like or anything else other than squeaky machines and chains. All I feel is pain and suffering. They come when I wake and they say 'Lifeform 515, get up!' If I don't they don't feed me that whole day, so I do. I stand while they unchain me, lead me to a room full of machines, connect me to them and leave. That's all I exist for, having my energy drained daily.

I am his lab rat.

My mother, or Lifeform 514 as she is known here, will be there when I get back. I don't even know what she looks like; she's always put to work before I wake. She'll say 'You will escape, one day, you'll be fine.' Either that or she'll tell me about my father.

'He's one of the greatest and most powerful ninja Konohagakure has ever known.' She'll say as I drift into a peaceful sleep. Those are the thoughts that keep me going through this torture. Keeps my mind off the draining feeling as all my energy, my body can't live without, being sucked out and stored in batteries.

No matter what my mum says I know I'll never escape this hell.

It takes longer every day as more and more of my energy is taken. For a purpose I can't even dream of, not then. Finally they come back, detach me and throw me back into the cell that is my home. I'd curl up as best as I could, knowing mum would join me later. She always told me stories about my dad.

She'd say 'Your dad was amazing, you know. Last I heard he was training a squad of chuunin ninja. Apparently they are the only team he's ever passed. Those three must be something special.' She would carry on until I fell asleep. The routine was always the same.

Until that day…