Julienne

Juienne

Something wasn’t right about him.

He was usually such a calm guy, but as we made our way to the restaurant, he was constantly looking around. Whether it was him looking behind or around us, or his eyes darting at anyone and everyone, he seemed on edge.

When I asked him about it, he just looked down at me and gave me an easy smile, saying, “Don’t worry about me, sweetheart. I’m fine.”

Despite his response, Julienne felt herself becoming on edge as well. What was he so worried about he couldn’t tell her? Was there someone following them? Julienne took a quick glance around themselves, but gave up, not exactly knowing what to be looking for.

As they arrived at the restaurant, he took one last look around himself, but he seemed taken aback before he walked briskly with her into the well-lit area. He stopped at the door, telling her, “I put it under your name, so get a table while I go for a quick smoke.” Without a response from her, he swiftly turned and left.

Julienne was surprised, but thought nothing of it as she went up to a tuxedo-clad man and asked for their table. She waited at the table, for about ten minutes, wondering where he went as she looked over the extensive list of food.

He came in a minute later, his hand covering his cheek. He turned from her, putting his jacket on the back of his chair as he sat down, putting his cheek in his hand as he began to chit-chat about randomness.

Every few seconds he would wince, and at last Julienne moved his hand and saw his cheek. Almost turning black and blue, his red cheek seemed to burn against his slightly tanned complexion.

Julienne stared wide-eyed at him, “W-What happened?”

He rubbed at his small beard, sighing quietly. “Julie, its nothing—“

“Don’t say that! You’re hurt, and you’re important to me,” She said quickly and quietly, tears springing in her dark eyes. She looked up at him. “What happened?”

He sighed again, “I saw one of me ex’s outside and she still seemed upset over our break-up and decided to get revenge I guess. But really Julie, I’ll be fine. Stop crying, baby.” He wiped at the tears that had fallen, taking a napkin soon after to stop the flow.

She pushed his hands away, wiping quickly at her eyes as she let out a few hiccups. Finally, when she had calmed down, she said, “When we leave, you’re coming right over so I can ice it; and if this happens again, I’ll have to fuck up that girl.”

He let out a chuckled, “Alright babe.”

But as they continued on with looking over their menus, Julienne felt as if she hadn’t been given the full story for the first time since they’d been together.
♠ ♠ ♠
he is keeping too many secrets

let me know how you feel about this!