Status: In progress. Updates whenever I get around to posting.

Iris

Chapter 7

His eyebrows raised and I instantly regretted my choice of words, hoping my cheeks didn't heat up as much as I knew they probably just did. After another second, when he still didn't eat it, I sat up the slightest, enough to be able to move, leaning in a little, very slowly, getting real up-close and personal with him, not breaking eye contact the whole time. I could see his eyes twinkling with a mixture of emotions, which made me smirk a little. Damn, he’s got some really pretty eyes. I could get lost in them right this moment if I wasn't on a mission to get that piece of popcorn.

Then, me being me, I ruined everything and reached up with a hand, plucking the piece from his mouth, and eating it, still staring him down. Good job, Kellin. Way to completely ruin the mood. He was practically asking you to kiss him, and you ruined it. Wow, good job, dumbass.

I groaned to myself, and when I saw how shattered he looked, I immediately regretted my decision, wishing I could take it back right then and there. He frowned a little, hoping I wouldn't notice, I presume, and turned back to the movie, fairly quickly, as I leaned back slowly. I took a deep breath, fighting with my thoughts. It’s now or never Kellin, just do it already, that wasn't a nice thing to do to him. Especially not when he was offering so kindly. I never realized giving yourself a pep talk really works in some situations, and this was definitely one of them. I leaned back in and gave his cheek a small kiss, automatically feeling his cheek tighten as he smiled, before leaning back against the couch again. When he looked over at me, I quickly turned away to look back at the movie, but out of the corner of my eye, I saw his lips twitching in a larger smile. I couldn't help but smile at that, turning back to the movie, but purposely scooting a bit closer to him.

His arm, which had been draped over the back edge of the couch, had found its way around my shoulders, still draped lazily. It was then that I realized just how close I was to him, my knees still pulled up to my chest, so I was almost pressed into his side, and I started to get fidgety. I tried to focus on the movie, and I was doing a pretty good job, despite the fact I kept glancing at his hand every few minutes, just watching it. If he would laugh, it would move closer to me, then away again when he stopped. If it was a sad moment, his grip would tighten around me, most likely unintentionally, which was just making me more nervous. I know he didn't mean anything by it. Why would he? I mean, he’s Austin Carlile, and I’m just… Me. I frowned to myself and shifted in my seat again, looking down at my knees and studying the fabric intensely. Austin was beginning to notice my little bit of fidgeting, and shot a side-glance at me.

"You okay there?" he asked, and I looked over, shrugging. His arm tightened around me, in a slightly awkward side hug type of thing, and I tensed up, which made him chuckle a bit. "Relax, Kells, I'm not going to hurt you, you know that," he gave me a small smile, which made me relax a little more. I closed the little bit of space between our bodies, leaning into him, instantly feeling the warmth of his side and wanting to just curl up and fall asleep on him, not feeling his arm loosen or move. Inside, I was still panicking, because hello my crush of almost a year was all but cuddling with me. Who wouldn't freak out?

After a little, I attempted to shake off most of the butterflies that rested in my stomach, which refused to leave completely, and just rested my head on his shoulder, my neck starting to hurt from how I was sitting, watching the movie. We were on the third of the list, and, as much as I love Disney and Austin, they were starting to get boring. I felt my eyes slip closed as I shifted a bit so I was more comfortable, draping one arm over his stomach lightly, keeping my legs on the couch next to me.

It didn't take me long to actually fall asleep, and I'm a pretty heavy sleeper, for the most part. I was starting to wake a little after maybe forty-five minutes, but I really didn't want to, so I just mumbled and pressed closer to whatever was next to me. I felt an arm slide under my knees, and another slip behind my back, slowly raising me off the couch, which set a little bit of panic through my semi-conscious state. I wanted to protest, but whoever just picked me up is really warm, and warmth is good, so I snuggled close to them, resting my head on their shoulder and nuzzling their neck, falling back asleep as I heard them chuckle. The noise vibrated through their chest, and it felt weird, but it was kinda cool.
♠ ♠ ♠
I swear I didn't forget about this, I just haven't gotten around to editing the chapter so it was sitting on my docs lonely and sad, until now. c:
There IS an alternate beginning to this chapter, but this one made more sense with the story, and causes it to flow better. If I used the alternate, it'd get confusing.
I know this seems kinda short. xc But I'll make sure to update the next chapter really really soon.

I was thinking about starting another story, one about cats. Cats errywhere. Would anyone read it if I did go through with posting it? Comment and let me know, dears~

Enjooooy~ And I apologize for any errors. I read through it quickly.