‹ Prequel: You're Still the One
Status: Updating Regularly

Parenthood

Love

“Billie, I will smack the shit out of you if go near the counter again.” I scolded while trying to keep him seated next to me on the side of the bathtub. It had been almost a month since we had attempted a pregnancy test and with the fact that I was late, we were hoping that this time would be successful.

“I just want to look.” He whined. I grabbed his hand and held on to it firmly. Partially so I could keep him next to me, and because I was a little anxious. After all this time, this is the part that I always hated. Waiting. Emma would be home from school soon and I wanted to get this out of the way. The last thing we needed her busting through the door before it was finished, asking a bunch of questions. I glanced down at my watch and grinned.

“Time's up.” I whispered. Billie grinned and looked at me with pleading eyes. I smiled. “Go ahead.” I said while motioning over to the sink where the test laid. Billie shot up and walked over, picking it up cautiously. He stared down at it for a moment and then turned around with a giant smile on his face.

“Hi, Mom.” He beamed. I smiled and gave a small wave.

“Hi, Dad. Do we have a winner?” I questioned, feeling my excitement sky rocket. Billie nodded and flipped the test over for me to see a bold pink plus sign. I grinned and stood up, only to nearly be knocked backwards by Billie’s unexpected hug. We loved on each other for a moment and pulled away.

“Who should we tell first?” Billie asked quickly, still visibly excited. I thought for a moment and grinned.

“Nobody.” I answered. Billie frowned and ran his hand up and down my arm.

“What you mean nobody?” He questioned. I giggled and leaned into his shoulder.

“What I mean is, why not have our own secret for a while?” I explained. Billie thought for a moment.

“What about Emma? Do we tell her?” He asked. I snorted and looked up at him.

“How long do you suppose the secret would last if Emma knew? She’d tell the whole neighborhood by sun down.” I laughed. Billie chuckled in my ear, knowing that I’m right. Emma wouldn’t be able to keep it to herself and would tell everybody and their mother that we were going to have a baby. If we really wanted it to stay a secret; it would have to stay only between him and me.

“Let’s just hope you don’t get morning sickness like you did with Emma. I don’t think I can go without eggs for nine months.” He laughed, clearly remembering how even the sight of them made me sick when I was pregnant with Emma. There would be no chance of hiding the pregnancy for a a month or so if all I did was vomit the whole time. I sighed contently and pressed my lips to his, letting it linger for as long possible. It amazed me that at how normal we were after all those weeks of fighting. Right now, standing here with him made me realize that it was totally worth it, because this baby is exactly what we wanted. I nuzzled my nose with his for a moment and looked up.

“I love you.” I whispered. Billie grinned as he glanced down at me.

“I love you, more.” He said as he held my face gently and kissed me again before pressing his forehead to mine. I smiled and held onto him tightly. Love. All I truly felt towards him was love. I never thought that I could love someone as much as I loved Billie Joe.. He was my world and forever would be my Billie Joe. For a little while, I didn’t know if another baby was in the cards for us. It didn’t look very likely at first, but now it was all going to be okay. We were finally okay.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey lovelies! Sorry it's short, but the next few chapters will pretty long so I hope that makes up for it! Let me know what you think!

Comment&Subscribe!

xoxo