‹ Prequel: You're Still the One
Status: Updating Regularly

Parenthood

Fat Lip

Today, Billie had to meet Mike and Tre for recording their upcoming album, Nimrod, Emma wasn't very happy that Billie would be gone all day, but she eventually got over it. I kinda made up for it by taking her to see “101 Dalmatians” which she had been talking non stop about for the past week.

Did you see all the puppies, Mommy?” She asked me on the way home.

“Yes, baby I did.” I answered as I looked at her through the rear view mirror. In her lap sat a stuffed toy Dalmatian that the movie theater was giving out to all the kids. I smiled as she hugged it close. “Do you like your puppy, Emma?” I asked as we pulled into the driveway. Emma nodded.

“Yes, I love him!” She answered. I got out and unbuckled her seat belt.

“What's her name?” I asked as I carried her into the house. Emma frowned.

“It's a he, Mommy. His name is Leroy.” She answered matter-of-factly. I raised my eyebrows.

“Well, excuse me. I stand corrected.” I said while carrying her to her room. “Are you ready for a nap, lovebug?” I asked as I laid her down on her bed. Emma nodded.

“Leroy, too?” She questioned as I slipped off her shoes. I nodded.

“Yeah, Leroy can take a nap with you.” I answered. Emma held Leroy close.

“Mommy, when will Daddy be home?” She asked with a yawn. I pulled her 'Pooh Bear' comforter over her.

“Daddy should be home before bedtime, okay?” I said as I kissed her head. “Now, are you comfortable?” I asked as I stood up. She nodded. “Leroy, too?” Emma giggled.

“Yes.” She answered. I smiled.

“Alright, sweet dreams, lovebug.” I said as I closed her door.

~***~

An hour later Emma was up and playing with Leroy in the living room floor. “Emma, what do you want for dinner?” I asked from the kitchen.She looked up from her toys.

“Um, macaroni, Mommy.” She said while standing up to get more toys out of her basket.

“Emma, be careful around the coffee table.” I warned. Her toys were strode all over the room, but a lot of them could cause her to fall if she wasn't careful. I turned my back to look inside the cabinets. I was busy reading the back of the macaroni box when I heard a loud thud.

“Mommy!” Emma wailed. I whipped around to see Emma holding her mouth. I dropped the box and raced over to her.

“Baby, what happened?” I asked as I scooped her up.

“I f-fell.” She sobbed. I walked over to the counter and sat her down.

“Let Mommy see your mouth.” I said while pulling her hand away.She whimpered as I pulled her hand down. I almost gasped. Her bottom lip had a gash that was oozing blood that I assumed was caused from her teeth. There was blood running down her chin and it just looked awful.

“Mommy, it hurts!” She wailed. I went over to the sink to wet a washcloth and pressed it to her swollen lip.

“Owww.” She whined. I picked her up and swayed back and forth.

“Shhh, it's okay.” I cooed. Emma continued to sob.

“I want Daddy!” She bawled. I sighed.

“Daddy's working, honey.” I said as I continued swaying. Emma sniffled.

“I want Daddy!” She repeated. I bit my lip and sat down on the couch with her in my lap. I reached over and picked up the phone. I really hated to interrupt them, but it didn't think I'd be winning this battle. Emma wailed as I moved the cloth away to find it covered in blood. I hoped it wasn't too deep to need stitches.

“Emma, Shhh. I'm calling Daddy, okay?” I said as I dialed the studio number. It rang and rang until finally someone answered.

“Hello?” the familiar voice of Mike answered. I rocked Emma from side to side.

“Mike, it's Julie I need you to get Billie for me.” I shouted over Emma's cries.

“Geez, what's going on over there?” Mike asked. I sighed.

“Emma fell and busted her lip. She want's Billie.” I shouted.

“Okay, hang on. Here's Billie.” He said. I bit my lip again, waiting for Billie to answer.

“Hey, babe. What's up.” Billie answered. Emma continued to whimper.

“Billie, I really hate to do this, but I really need you to come home.” I begged.

“Why is Emma crying?” Billie asked.I looked down at my crying child.

“She fell and busted her lip, Billie it's bleeding pretty bad and she wants you.” I shouted.

“I want my Daddy!” Emma wailed.

“Babe, please.” I groaned. Billie was silent for a minute.

“I'm on my way.” He said.I breathed a sigh of relief.

“Hurry, babe.” I said as the call ended. Emma sniffled. “Daddy's coming home, okay?” I said as I stood up and walked to the kitchen counter. I sat her down and examined her lip again. It was still bleeding and swelling up. I walked over to the freezer and got out a Popsicle. I need to ice it down and I knew she wouldn't go for just an ice cube. “Emma, Mommy wants you to hold this on your lip okay?” I said as I ripped open the wrapper. Emma sniffled and took it eagerly.

~***~

It wasn't long until I heard Billie pull in the driveway. Emma had finished the Popsicle but her lip was still swollen. I had her laying on the couch while I picked up her toys. I picked her up just as Billie walked in the door. Emma started crying again when she saw him.

“Daddy.” She whimpered as she reached for him. Billie took her from me instantly.

“Munchkin, what happened?” He asked as she wrapped her legs around his torso.

“I-I fell.” She whimpered. Billie kissed her head.

“Can Daddy see?” he asked while he gently touched her bottom lip. He examined it and wiped away the remaining tears on her cheeks. “You're alright, baby.” He soothed as he paced the living room, the way he use to when she was just a baby. I continued picking up toys as Billie whispered to her. “Mommy told me you saw a movie today.” He whispered. Emma nodded as she laid her head on his shoulder. “What was it about?” He asked, trying to distract her from her lip.

“These puppies, they got stolled from their mommy and daddy by a mean lady.” She told him. Billie raised his eyebrows.

“Oh, did they get them back?” He questioned.Emma nodded.

“They were so cute, Daddy.” She beamed. Billie chuckled. He reached down and picked up Leroy.

“Who's this?” He asked while holding him up.Emma reached for him.

“That's Leroy, he's a boy.” She informed. Billie grinned.

I kissed his cheek as I walked by. He smiled and looked down at Emma, who had already forgotten about her lip. She examined Leroy's plush body. “Daddy, I have a question.” She said. Billie sat down on the couch with Emma still on his lap.

“What?” He questioned. Emma turned Leroy on his back.

“How come Leroy doesn't have what you have, Daddy?” Billie frowned.

“What does Daddy have?” He asked. Emma showed him Leroy's belly.

“He doesn't have a weenie like you, Daddy.” She said innocently. My eyes widened and I covered my mouth to stop laughing. Billie glared at me.

“Emma, Leroy is a toy, he can be a girl or boy.” He explained. Emma stared at Leroy.

“What if he was a real doggie?” She asked. Billie sighed.

“Then he would have 'boy parts.' He mumbled.

I couldn't help but enjoy this, now Billie might understand why I was in his words 'vague' about the subject. I decided Billie had suffered enough and stepped in. “Emma, you wanna go take your bath?” I asked. Emma shook her head.

“I wanna stay with Daddy.” She told me. I gave Billie the 'help me' look and he got the idea.

“Munchkin, let Mommy give you a bath, okay?” Emma whined.

“But my lip hurts, Daddy.” Billie laughed and stood up with her still on his hip.

“C'mon baby girl, do it for Mommy.” He said as he handed her to me. Emma pouted.

“Okay.” She said glumly. I kissed her head.

“Mommy will put bubbles in the tub.” I coaxed while walking towards the bathroom. Emma touched her lip as I got her towel.

“Mommy, can I sleep in the big bed tonight?” She asked.I smiled and sat her down on the floor.

“Yes, baby.” I said as I started the water. Emma loves sleeping in our bed and always has, it was a real bitch trying to get her to sleep in her 'big girl' bed.

“Can Daddy read to me, tonight?” She asked while I removed her clothes and sat her in the tub.

“If you ask him to.” I said while pouring water on her head. Emma played with the bubbles and whined when she got some on her lip.

“Oww. Mommy it stings.” She whimpered. I gently wiped her lip with a wash cloth.

“Mommy got it.” I told her. I grabbed the shampoo and began washing her hair.

“Mommy?”

“Hmm?” I asked as I continued lathering her hair.

“Can we get a real Leroy?” She asked. I raised my eyebrows.

“A real Leroy?” I questioned.

“Yeah, I want my own Leroy.” She exclaimed. I covered her eyes as I rinsed her hair.

“You'll have to ask Daddy.” I told her.

Billie and I had thought about getting her a dog last Christmas, but thought she was too young for the responsibility and I wasn't so sure Billie would go for it. When I finished her bath and got her into her pajamas, I picked up the hair brush.

“I wanna do it!” Emma exclaimed. I smiled.

“Alright, here ya go.” I told her while she walked out of the bathroom. I picked up her dirty clothes and put them in the hamper. I entered the living room to see her sitting on the counter, handing Billie the hair brush.

“Need some help, baby?” He asked while taking the brush from her. She nodded.

“I pull too hard.” She whispered. I smiled as Billie gently brushed through the rest of her hair.

“You got most of it, baby girl.” He told her. Emma smiled.

“Daddy, will you read to me?” She asked. Billie smiled.

“Sure, go get your book.” He said while he helped her off the counter. Emma raced to her room. I took that opportunity to come up behind him and hug him.

“Mommy's tired.” I mumbled. Billie chuckled and turned to face me.

“Babe, since when does she say weenie?” He asked. I smirked.

“Ever since she asked her Nana what daddy has between his legs.” I laughed. Billie closed his eyes.

“Please, please tell me she didn't say that.” He begged. I pursed my lips to try and keep from laughing.

“Afraid so love.” I told him between giggles. Billie sighed.

“I knew she didn't need to go over there, it was too soon.” He whined. I laughed.

“Well, if it wasn't for them you wouldn't have gotten any of this.” I said while motioning to my body. Billie sighed again.

“The price I pay for a good fuck.” He whispered. I rolled my eyes.

“Daddy, I'm ready!” She shouted from our room. I grinned.

“Better get in there, Daddy. She's waiting.” I said while I kissed him.

“Don't forget Leroy!” She added. Billie rolled his eyes as he picked up Leroy.

“Oh, just what I need, another reason to talk about weenie's.” He mumbled as he walked to our room.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys! I hope you all are enjoying Emma as much as I am writing her! Let me know what you think!
Also, a thank YOU to NerdGlasses for your sweet comment! :)

Comment&Subscribe

xoxo