Undying Love

Chapter 2- Aftermath

How wrong was I.

Within minutes of us laughing in celebration of Shane's great find, disaster had struck. Suddenly Shane roughly gripped my upper arm and pushed me to the ground seconds after he did the same with Glenn. I started shuffling under the van like Glenn had been doing, closely followed by Shane. I was now sandwiched between them and still none the wiser as to why. "What's going on?" I whispered to Shane on behalf of both me and Glenn, who was also confused about what was happening. "Shh!" Shane hissed back, pointing in front of us, which is when I saw it. Or shall I say...them.

An extremely large group of walkers were drifting along the highway. It was like a never ending sea of groans of mindless hunger and undying moans of the damned. All it would take would be for one walker to spot us and we would be dead for sure. I could see other members of the group scattered under a variety of vehicles but I was only searching for one person in particular. Daryl. My heart instantly jumped into my throat when I couldn't find him. I couldn't lose him.

I whimpered slightly, fighting back the urge to cry from my ever rising worry. Glenn obviously heard me because he quickly wrapped his arm around my neck and covered my mouth over with his hand. I wondered whether he knew it was because I was scared about losing Daryl or whether he thought I was just scared in generally. Either way, I was glad he had done it because soon tears began rolling down my cheeks and a few hush sobs followed.

It took a good few minutes for the majority of the herd to pass, but they were the longest few minutes of my life. All I could think about was Daryl...I loved him for God sake! I just needed to see him and make sure he was alright because he was the only thing keeping me going in this world. If it wasn't for him I probably would have already opted out a long time ago.

As soon as Shane began climbing out from underneath the van I quickly removed Glenn's hand from covering my mouth so I could shuffle out after him. As we ran back towards the RV where the majority of the group had already reconvened, I heard Carol sob and tell Lori that her daughter, Sophia, had been chased into the woods by two walkers. Looking around I noticed Rick, T-Dog and Daryl were the only other members missing but Lori quickly pointed out that Rick had gone after Sophia...so that just left Daryl and T-Dog.

I was just about to go looking for Daryl when I heard shuffling coming from behind me. A huge sigh of relief escaped my lips after seeing Daryl helping an injured T-Dog back towards the group. I know it sounds bad but I wasn't even concerned about what happened to T-Dog, my eyes were fixated on Daryl the entire time.

Shane and Glenn quickly relieved Daryl of holding up T-Dog as they rushed him inside the RV. Lori, Dale and Andrea all went inside with them to see if they could help in any way, but all I could do was stare at Daryl as he stared back at me. Without a second thought I grabbed his hand and pulled him round the other side of the RV so no-one could see and practically threw myself at him. As soon as I connected his lips with my own, I felt my back hit the side of the RV as Daryl pressed me up against it. His hands found my hips and began digging into me as my fingers locked into the hair at the base of his neck. The kiss was hard and desperate on both our parts, but I wasn't complaining in the slightest. I was just so overwhelmed with relief that he was alright and from the way he was kissing me back, I think he was feeling the same way about me.

One of his hands disappeared from my hip and ended up cupping the side of my face, roughly holding me in place as he slipped his tongue into my mouth and our tongues brushed against one another's. His lower half suddenly crashed feverishly against mine, causing me to involuntarily emit a small moan which was thankfully muffled by the kiss.

When we finally broke the kiss, we stayed in the same position, Daryl resting his forehead against mine as we were panting; trying to level out our breathing. "I was so worried" I whisper quietly, fiddling with the buttons on the front of his shirt to avoid meeting his gaze. "I know...so was I," he sheepishly admitted, his thumb lightly stroking my cheek as if tracing the stain my earlier tears had left. "I went back to look for ya, but ya were gone?" he said.

I assumed he was waiting for an explanation so I quickly gave him one. "I was with Glenn and Shane, over there," I explain, finally meeting his gaze before nodding in an indication towards the white van we had hidden under. He followed my gaze and nodded slightly before looking back at me. He didn't look very impressed and I knew straight away why; he didn't like the fact I was with Shane and not him. He always got funny about me talking to other guys around town, but never as much as he did when it came to Shane.

I sigh to myself at how ridiculous it was of him to get jealous, especially over Shane; I wouldn't even class him as a friend let alone anything more. In an attempt to prove that to Daryl, I leaned up slightly and planted a short, sweet and what I hoped to be, reassuring kiss on his lips. I pulled away before he could try and intensify the kiss and slipped my hand into his, pulling him along with me as I slowly made my way back round the other side of the RV. "Ya such'a tease" Daryl playfully whispered into my ear from behind causing me to giggle to myself. One simple kiss and everything could be forgotten. "You love it" I retorted in a hushed tone as we came back into view of a couple of the group members who had reemerged from inside the RV.

"How's T-Dog doing?" I asked quietly, as Daryl distanced himself from me to make it look as though we were nowhere near each other only moments before. "He'll live" Lori said, flashing me a half-hearted smile. She was mainly focused on comforting Carol as they both stood waiting for the return of a loved one. It was only really then that the realisation of the situation hit me. A scared twelve year old girl is somewhere in those woods, being follow by two hunger walkers. Even with Rick close behind...I wouldn't rate her chances.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please give some kind of feedback to let me know if your enjoying it so far and if I should continue writing it