Trust Me

Chapter Three

"Bella, what the hell?! I'm trying to fucking drive. We're ten minutes away now, try not to screech the bloody roof off. This screaming has to stop." My mother snapped. I looked away in embarrassment, My mother was completely unaware about the dreams, or should I say nightmares, I faced at night. When I had no control over the thoughts that sunk into my head replaying and replaying, over and over.
"Sorry." I muttered, and averted my star from my shoes to out of the window. I noticed the vast change in scenery. I was used to the glaring sun constantly pounding down radiating me with unwanted heat and light, but here the sky was a dismal grey, the sun barely lighting it's surroundings at all, and only small glimmers of light were visible through the thick clouds in the sky. I think I might like it here. I thought, curving my lips into something that could be mistaken for a smile.
Now don't get me wrong, I'm perfectly aware that I've made my self out to be a really dreary kid but I'm not. Always. I have happy moods nearly every week, like when I've managed to get a packet of Wine Gums with more than five reds in a packet, or when I get time alone for over 2 hours and I'm free to turn up my music as loud as I want without getting shouted at for listening to noise. Some people don't appreciate my choice of music, ie. My mother. She doesn't seem to like Black Flag too much.
“How long was I asleep anyhow?”
“Long enough for you to drool all over the car seat. What are you fucking baby or something? Are you?”, screeched my mother her big eyes crazy, boring holes into mine.
“No.”
“Then don’t act like one you pathetic girl!” she shouted, her eyes still on mine, paying no attention to the road ahead.
“Look at the road!” I screamed, as we started to approach a t junction, with cars darting this way and that. She flickered her eyes briefly to the road ahead, breaking slightly letting other cars pass. Then her icy gaze crawled back to mine. She slapped me hard on the arm, her witchy nails scratching my skin.
“Don’t you dare tell me what to do! Who do you think you are!?” she screeched. I admit it, I’m terrified of my mother, but I don’t let her know that.
“I just don’t need another fucking parent dead, alright?”

We both froze.

We were silent.

Cars were starting to honk from behind, people leaning out of their windows, yelling.

My mother swallowed and put her foot down on the gas pedal.

The car shrieked into action, and we sped ahead down another road, leaving a trail of honks and shouts behind.

“Don’t speak about your father you little bitch.” She said, staring directly ahead. Her voice wasn’t it’s usual strong self, but broken and strained.

It was then for the first time in my life, I felt sorry for my mother.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeah, I'm a sucky updater and writer. I do try.
Comments are very much apprectiated! Criticize all you want, I like to know what I can improve on :)