They Stole Something Precious

Look For Me Who Is Bound Within The Darkness

My sister and I have been together since we were in the womb. We knew things about one another nobody could even think about figuring out, and our parents absolutely hated it. Hated us, really.
That's why we had to get away from our home town. There was nothing we could do but wait until we were of age.
And when we were, we ran away together to the first place we could think of going, and that was Lunar Town. My twin and I had been around Pokémon for the entirety of our lives and each had our own partners.
We loved helping the children of the town raise their own Pokémon and I couldn't think of anything better to do for a living.

Until one day a boy entered our Gym, challenging the both of us to battle. He was arrogant but when the battle started I knew we had absolutely no chance of beating the boy, but I had faith in my Pokémon and my sister.

Although we did lose and he was really rude, I couldn't help but admire the boy.
Something was telling me he could help me widen my knowledge of Pokémon, and help me gain strength. Nothing could stop me from asking him to go along on his Journey.

The boy who's name I learned was Green at the end of the battle had walked out of the gym, and I chased after him to ask him to consider my request. He told me to meet him the following day outside of the Gym.
I told Mercy that day I was leaving, and a few moments later that's exactly what I did.
I didn't want to look back and see my twin's disappointed face, and I absolutely did not want to feel regret while training.

But it happened. I saw her reflection as I exited the building, but she made no attempt to stop me. I knew it hurt her to see me go, and I wish she would have tried to stop me. Grab my arm, convince me not to leave. But she didn't and maybe that was what had happened to make me so different from before.