Status: Posting and writing chapter now, 11/7/13.

40 Ounces and an Acid Tab...

Week One, Day One

"I wanna tell you 'bout my good thing. I ain't disclosing no name's, but..."

I was rocking out to some Led Zeppelin, who are my favorite band, when a hall monitor came up to me. I took my headphones off, and said simply,

"Yes officer?"

"Oh, well, I was just thinking it was interesting that you weren't in class, and I have a question for you." The hall monitor looked at me with a suspicious look.

"Fire away." I smirked at the hall monitor.

"...Do you have any pot?" We both started cracking up and he sat down.

"No man, sorry. I left it at home, if I got caught with that I would be screwed."

"Yeah, no kidding...I heard that Brad Park, from Jefferson High, got caught with some, and he's in Juvy."

"Oh damn. Yeah, well I guess I'm just going to have to get baked before and after school then." I said, grinning.

"Anyway, I have been wondering for a week, why the hell are you a hall monitor?" I asked my friend, a little weirded out by his lifestyle choices.

"Chicks." He stated, smiling.

"Sorry?"

"Dude, chicks dig a guy in a uniform." He was being very smug about it.

I rolled my eyes and shook my head.

"Believe it or not, I already got a chick to put out!"

He went on too tell his story, but I don't want to bore you with the details, let's get to a few introductions;

My name is Andrew Rennon, my best friend, is Jason Kelan (the one I was just talking to). I took some acid one night and that night changed my life. Anyway, back to the story.

Me and Jason were sitting on the hood of my car, listening to some Zeppelin. We were smoking, and laughing, I don't remember what about, I do remember it was damn funny though.

Moby Dick was blasting out the window. I suppose I had been listening to them a lot then, sulking about the death of John Bonham. Half way through the drum solo, Nick Andopolis and Lindsay Weir came up to the car. I could tell instantly that he was stoned, I don't think Lindsay was though.

"Hey, uhm..." Nick stumbled out, "Andrew, we have English together."

"Yeah, that's right. I'm Andrew."

"Hey, uh, we were going to head back to my place to toke." Nick asked us.

"No, I said I'd go with you, I never said I'd smoke." Lindsay interjected firmly.

"Alright Lindsay, Okay. Anyway, well, anyway, I remember you mentioning that you hit every once and a while, you uh, wanna come with?"

"Uhh, sure. I mean, Jason, you cool?" I turned to my friend. Jason seemed alright with it.

"Yeah, sure, I love a good joint."

"Great! Now here is the catch, I don't have my car, we need you to drive us." Nick was grinning, and had his arm around Lindsay.

I smiled, "Damn you Andopolis" (We weren't that good friends, he just told me I could call him that.)

"Another one bites the dust. Another one bites the dust, and another one gone and another one gone, another one bites the dust..."

"Dude, This new Queen album kicks some major ass!" Nick exclaimed, his eyes bloodshot and his mouth curved into a smile.

Lindsay was sitting awkwardly, having not toked. She seemed pretty weird about us all being high, but I didn't care by this point.

"Hey, I think I'm going to go" Lindsay said, "It's getting late."

I shot up, "Hey, will you give me and Jason a ride? We, uh, can't really drive...you can take my Mustang for a spin." I spit out.

"Sure, I mean, yeah sure. Just give me directions." Lindsay smiled at me; she seemed genuinely happy.

A few seconds later, Nick yelled hopefully: "Guys! Come on, it's almost midnight, just...stick around a little longer. Please!"

"Alright, fine, just until midnight..." I agreed and everyone else was fine with that.

I fell asleep before it hit midnight. I dreamed of some pretty crazy stuff, too. I was flying, and then all of a sudden, I started falling. I remember feeling horrible, but that feeling went away when I remembered that Janice Wensy was there...and she caught me...I was in love with her, but I knew she was too popular for me. I woke up to yelling.

When Midnight struck, Nick's father had come downstairs.
♠ ♠ ♠
The year is 1981, and you are reading this as if it was written in 1981, a few months (possibly a year) after the events of the story.

Written by Ejmartin99

Edited by BaconAndopolis