Status: Active.

Shiver.

i love you

"Wake up," Hunter's voice ordered. I struggled to focus on him. He was standing above me and he looked angry. I blinked but he still looked fuzzy.

"What?" I groaned. He yanked me to my feet. I slumped against him. "Hunter, please you have to stop."

"Don't ever tell me what to do," he growled. I whimpered. "Shh, it's okay baby. I drew you a bath. I'm going to help you into the tub. Clean yourself up." I nodded. He guided me into the bathroom. I barely flinched as he undressed me. The water was almost too hot for comfort but I bit my tongue and didn't say anything.

He left me alone and I sank into the water. I felt like I was floating away. The water turned cold. I wanted to get out of the tub but I couldn't seem to move.

"Hunter," I called out. He didn't respond. "Help, please," I yelled. No one came. I tried to lift myself out of the tub but I could barely sit up. I started to scream but I doubted anyone could hear me. Finally I sank back down. I used my toes to unplug the drain. When the tub was empty I started to shiver. I took several deep breaths, trying to gather my strength. I finally managed to pull myself up enough to roll over the side of the tub. I hit the floor hard enough to knock the wind out of me. It took several minutes before I was ready to move again. I belly crawled slowly to my bed. I couldn't get up there but I did manage to pull the covers down around me. I curled up on my side and fell asleep.

"Hey baby," Hunter whispered. I felt myself lifted off the ground and placed on my bed. He stroked my hair so gently I wanted to cry. My stomach hurt and I couldn't seem to fully catch my breath.

"Hunter, help me," I begged. "I think I need to go to the hospital."

"You can't go to the hospital," he said. "They'll ask questions."

"I'll lie," I promised. "Please, I'll say I don't remember what happened." He traced his finger gently along my face and down my side. He kissed me sweetly.

"I'm sorry I hurt you. I have a gift for you," Hunter said, ignoring my pleas. He sat on the bed beside me and held up a necklace. It was a fine silver chain with a diamond hanging from it. I gasped and then winced.

"Is that real?" I asked. "I can't take that."

"It is real. It's just my way of saying I'm sorry," he said, clasping the necklace around my neck. "I should be treating you like the angel you are. I'm so lucky to have you. I love you." It was the first time either of us had said that.

"Then please let me go to the hospital," I pleaded. I started coughing again, and this time I wasn't surprised to see blood. "Please help me baby."

"Okay, just let me think," he snapped. He began to pace the length of my room. Now that I was awake I could feel how much pain I was in.

"I'll lie for you baby I promise. I love you," I told him. I wasn't sure I meant it but I would say anything to get help at that point.

"I can't take you. You'll have to call 9-1-1 yourself," Hunter explained, surprisingly calm. I wondered if he had done this before. He handed my phone to me before leaning down to kiss my cheek and whisper in my ear. "If you say anything I will kill you." I inhaled sharply, then froze. It hurt to move at all. As soon as Hunter was gone I dialed 9-1-1.

"Dispatch, what is your emergency?" A woman's voice answered.

"Please, help," I said weakly. That was all I could manage before I dropped the phone. I could hear her voice asking more questions and I hoped that someone would come.