Status: I hope you like this sequel...

I'd Go Through Hell and Back for You

6.

Day after last chapter

I was woken up by the sound of Alex’s phone ringing. I groaned and put my pillow over my head. “Alex get your damn phone.” When he didn’t move I went to hit him but I found out that the spot next to me was empty. I rolled over and rubbed my eyes, that’s when I heard my shower running. Alex’s phone stopped ringing but almost immediately started ringing again. I groaned again, looking at my alarm clock and saw it was only 7:30 in the morning. Why the hell is Alex up this early, taking a shower? And who is calling him this fucking early? I reach over and grabbed his phone and answered it without checking to see who it was first. “Hello?”

“Demi?” I heard a guy’s voice say in confusion. I took the phone away from my ear and saw it was Josh’s phone.

“Yeah it’s me. Alex is in the shower for some strange reason.” my voice is still hoarse from just waking up.

“Oh, um, shit. Can you have him call me when he gets out? It’s an emergency.” I could hear the worry in his voice. These people are Alex’s best friends and Selena has gotten close to them from dating Brian so I wanted to get close to them too.

“Is there anything I can help with?” I asked. “I know we don’t know each other well but I’d like to be.”

“I probably shouldn’t tell you, but I know you and Alex don’t have secrets so you’ll find out anyways.” he rambled. What could be so bad that he doesn’t want me to know? “I know you and Alex have a lot of work to do with the wedding, but we really need him to come out and try to get Brian out of this funk. We had to cancel our show last night at the last minute and we can’t keep doing that.”

“Josh, breathe.” I cut him off because he just kept rambling and I have no idea what any of this means. “What is wrong with Brian?” I am now worried but slightly confused. Isn’t this something that they usually call Selena for? And why don’t they want me to know that Brian is in a funk?

“He’s really withdrawn. Not really depressed but he’s just, um, I’m not even sure. He’s just sits in his bunk and won’t talk. The only thing he has said is ‘oh my god’ and um…” he trailed off.

“And what? Shouldn’t you guys call Selena? She’s an expert in moody Brian.” I heard the shower shut off, I hoped Alex wouldn’t take long to come back into the room.

“She’s the reason that he’s in this mood.” He sighed. This shocked the hell out of me at first, but once I processed it, I remembered Selena saying that their relationship wasn’t as happy as it appeared. Why hasn’t she called me? Now I’m worried, if Brian is this torn up about it then I have no idea what kind of shape Selena is in.

“Did they break up?” I asked as Alex appeared in the bed room. He quickly saw the concerned look on my face and came to sit next to me.

“Not that I know of, but they had a shocking conversation.” Josh said evasively.

“I swear if you don’t stop being so fucking evasive I will come to wherever the hell you are and chop off your balls!” I growled. Alex’s eyes widened and he took the phone away from me. He looked at me confused when he noticed it was his phone and not mine. He pushed the speaker button so he can now talk.

“Dude, what the hell is going on? Demi looks like she’s about to have an aneurysm.”

Josh groaned and there was commotion in the background. People were talking but I couldn’t make out what they were saying. Finally Josh spoke, “remember how Selena was acting strange at the Anaheim show? Brian told us that she was sick. Well she skyped him yesterday after ignoring him for two days and told him that she was pregnant. He’s been a zombie ever since.”

At Josh’s words me and Alex looked at each other with wide eyes. Clearly neither of us saw that coming. How could my best friend be pregnant and not tell me. I didn’t bother to wait around to see what Alex said to Josh or any part of their conversation. I just got out of bed, put on my glasses and grabbed my keys and purse before leaving the apartment. I didn’t bother brushing my hair or teeth or even putting on clothes. I have on a pair of Alex’s basketball shorts and a t-shirt. I really don’t give a flying fuck if paparazzi catch me looking like complete crap, what is important right now is that I get to Selena and figure out what the fuck is going on.

I banged on Selena’s door but there was no answer so I finally dug out her door key out of my purse and opened the door. “Selena Marie Gomez you better get your ass out here right now!” I yelled once I entered her apartment. There was no answer so I walked around to see if she was there. I realized that Baylor hadn’t come to greet me so that means she’s out of town. She always leaves Baylor with her mom when she goes out of town, he would be here if she was still in LA. “Crap.” I muttered to myself. I tried to rack my brain to see if I can remember if she told me she had any events that she had to do this week. But I couldn’t, when I asked her when was a good time to hang out the other day she said she was free until next weekend then she had a couple of photoshoots but other than that she was free. So where the hell is she?

I took my phone out of my purse and scrolled through my contacts until I got to her number but it went straight to voicemail. I groaned in frustration. “Where the hell are you, Selena?” Then it came to me, there is only two people she would go to with this type of information. When I got to Lex’s number, I pressed call. “Hey sparkles.” he said cheerfully.

“Put Selena on the phone.” I said without saying hi.

“She’s not here right now, she should be back in a few minutes though.” Lex told me. I didn’t quite believe him but I didn’t argue.

“How is she?” I asked, finally letting everything hit me and I started to cry. Once again my best friend has to go across the country for help and didn’t come to me. I have no idea how to process this.

“She’s the best she can be. She thinks that Brian is going to leave her. We’re trying to keep her going so she doesn’t get depressed like last time. I think you should come out, she could use her best friend.” he explained.

“Then why didn’t she come to me?” I cried.

“There is a lot to her story. Obviously you know she wasn’t happy in the relationship lately and she just wanted to deal with this on her own. But she finally needed help and didn’t want to bother you since you’re up to your eyeballs in wedding stuff.” he replied calmly.

“But I would have been there for her.” I tried to control my sobs. But I couldn’t, I completely started to break down.

“She knows that, but we both know Selena she wouldn’t put any added pressure on you. And between me and you, I think that there is something else wrong than her issues with Brian and this unexpected pregnancy.” he confessed. “I could be wrong, but there is just something about how she was acting that seemed off.”

“You’re not the only one who has said she seems off. We all just thought it was because she was sick. But things just don’t add up. Jenn said that she got a phone call then got all weird, that could have been the doctor calling with her test results, but that doesn’t explain why she suddenly got weird at breakfast with Alex last week. Something is definitely going on with her other than this, and I’m going to find out what.”

“So you’re coming?” he questioned.

“Josh called earlier and wants Alex to go deal with mopey Brian, which is how I found out about Selena, so I should go be there for Selena. So I’ll call the airlines and let you know when I’ll be there. Tell Selena I’ll see her soon and not to worry about anything because she is far more important than my wedding.” I told him. He said he would and we hung up.

When I got back to my apartment Alex was still there and was cooking. He had Justin Timberlake blaring throughout the apartment as he sang along. He didn’t hear me come in so I took a chance to sneak up on him. I tip toed into the kitchen and grabbed his sides causing him to jump. “Oh my god! You do not sneak up on a man while he’s cooking!” he said grabbing his chest.

I laughed obnoxiously. “Sorry, but you just looked so adorable dancing around my kitchen, singing JT and cooking.”

“So did you talk to Selena? I expected you to be gone longer.”

“She’s in Maryland.” I sighed. I sat up on the counter and watched at look back at me with a shocked look on his face. “I think I’m going to go there to be with her. There is something serious going on and I have to figure it out.”

“Yeah she’s pregnant.” Alex furrowed his eyebrows as he waved the spatula around.

“Okay smart ass, I already know that.” I rolled my eyes. “But Lex thinks theres something else and the way she’s been acting I get the sense that there’s something other than this pregnancy that’s wrong.”

“Are you sure?” he questioned curiously. He’s become protective over Selena. I’m not sure if it’s because she is my best friend and Brian’s girlfriend or he feels bad over what happened with Debby. Him and Brian have sometimes overcompensated to make it up to her and to me for not believing that Debby was an evil, conniving bitch.

“I’m not the only one who has seen it, so I’m pretty positive. The only other time she’s been this secretive is when Debby blackmailed her. And we all know that Debby is off our backs. She has a boyfriend whom she gushes over constantly.” I thought out loud. I just pray that I am right about this.

“Maybe you’re on the right track though. If she thought she were protecting you then she would be secretive. Maybe someone else is trying to break us apart? I wouldn’t see why or who would do that seeing how we’ve been engaged for a year now and no one has given us shit. Or maybe it’s just her being hormonal since she is pregnant.” he shrugged as he shut off the stove and turned to face me. I thought about it and both possibilities could be correct. But is it too early for her to be this hormonal? And no one has seemed to have a problem with mine and Alex’s relationship other than Debby. My head is starting to hurt from thinking about all of this.

“I guess I’ll have to wait and see what Selena says.” I sighed. Alex came over and settled between my legs, leaning his forehead against mine. “I have to call the airlines. But I really don’t want to leave you.”

He brushed his nose against mine with a big smile, “we will be back together in no time. You help your best friend and I will help mine.”

I brought my hands up to his face, brushing his cheeks with my thumbs. I could stare into his eyes for hours and never get tired of it. I smiled and kissed him softly on the lips. “I’m one lucky girl.”

“And I am one lucky guy.” he kissed me. I wanted to argue with him that I am the luckier of us two but he would never let me win. “If we don’t move then we’re never get out of here. Not that I have a problem with that, but we both know that we can’t do that.”

“I know.” I scrunched up my nose because my stomach started to growl. “But first we eat.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Two chapters in two days! I am on a roll! Don't get used to it though, I've just had a lot of time on my hands, which isn't normal. Anyways....Alex seems to be on the right track with what is up with Selena. Do you think that Selena will fess up to Demi when they are face to face? And what will Brian do? He seems like he's still in shock over the pregnancy bomb. Will he stay with Selena out of obligation? Will he leave? Will he realize that he wants a family? Lots of questions. Let me know your thoughts! :)