Status: I hope you like this sequel...

I'd Go Through Hell and Back for You

8.

“He did what?!” I whisper yelled as I closed the door to the guest room that I was sharing with Selena. She was still fast asleep, she hadn’t slept well so I didn’t want to wake her. Alex had called me to tell me what he learned from talking to Brian and things have gotten A LOT worse than they already were.

“Although he is freaked out over Selena being pregnant, that’s not why he’s shut down. He feels way more guilty than he already was because he cheated on her.” Alex repeated himself. I was so enraged that I wanted to punch something but I didn’t want to wake Selena up and have her start asking questions. I still have no idea what I am going to do with this information. I know I would want to know if Alex was cheating on me, but I didn’t want to be the one to have to break the news to Selena. I don’t want to hurt her, even though it is Brian who is doing the damage.

“Fucking asshole.” I growled. “Did he tell you who he cheated with?”

Alex sighed but said nothing which means he knows who the girl is but doesn’t want to say. Now I’m scared to even know who it is. If he’s not wanting to tell then it has to be someone that I know and won’t like. “It was Crystal.” he said almost too low for me to hear.

“Your best friend Crystal? That Crystal?” I gasped. I felt sick and could feel the walls closing in on me. I’ve met her plenty of times and have always had a weird feeling about her. I always thought it would be Alex that slept with her, but Brian is just as close to her as Alex. Sometimes it feels like they are all always together. Brian does go to the W with her a lot.

“Yeah that one.” he cleared his throat. He was clearly uncomfortable with this situation. “Look, it was a one time thing. He feels really guilty about it.”

“Don’t you dare defend him right now. Not when I stayed up for four hours after flying for six hours with my best friend sobbing her eyes out. No he doesn’t get to be defended. He is an asshole who betrayed Selena and he is dead to me. He swore to me that after that Debby fiasco that he would do right by Selena and he has failed. So tell him not to bother contacting her.” my voice gradually got louder but I was now away from the guest room so I didn’t fear waking Selena up. I could barely breath now, I was on the verge of a full blown panic attack. It wasn’t supposed to happen this way. We were supposed to have our happily ever afters. Brian promised her!

“Demi, babe, don’t do this.” I heard him gulp. He knew that this was just as much about is at it was about our best friends. He knew I didn’t really trust Crystal but who am I to say he can’t see one of his best friends who was supposed to be like a sister to them. Ha, I heard that one before. I dated someone who was like a brother to me. I’m not fucking stupid. “I never would cheat on you and you know that. Brian is just a dick, but he is hurting. Don’t think that I like what he has done but he is still my best friend and I’ve never seen him so hurt. He was bad after his breakup with Chelsea but he’s far worse right now.”

I was now in tears but was trying to not make it noticeable to him. “I can’t talk to you right now. This is just too much.”

I heard Alex start to protest but I hung up the phone anyways. I couldn’t stand talking to him anymore right now. I threw my phone across the hallway, nearly hitting Lex in the process. “Whoa.” he jumped out of the path of my flying phone. “Demi? You okay?” he asked. I couldn’t respond though, I just fell to my knees and started sobbing. My heart felt like it was closing in on me and I could barely breathe. I heard Lex walk over to me, seconds later his arms wrapped around me. “Breathe, Demi.”

I choked back sobs as I tried to talk but I couldn’t. Lex continued to rub my back and occasionally kissed my head. “Hate. Him.” was all I could get out.

Lex grabbed ahold my face, wrapping my tears with his thumbs. “Calm down and tell me what happened. Did Alex do something to you?”

I shook my head no. My heart was racing and I now had to cough to be able to breathe. I am crying for so many reasons right now that I don’t even know where to begin even if I could talk. I couldn’t handle the fact that I had to break horrible news to my best friend. The fact that I basically pushed her to be with Brian in the first place. Then there’s my insecurities flooding my mind. I’ve never been insecure in a relationship before and thats how I know that Alex is the one because I feel that I’m not worthy of him and he can do better but no matter what I don’t want to lose him. He’s it for me. But he easily could have hooked up with Crystal or any of those models he hangs out with. I know he hasn’t but that fear is still there. Selena never had that fear that Brian would stray with any of the million girls he hangs out with, even when they gave him a lap dance that time at the W. But through all the promises and ‘I love you’s’ he said to Selena, he still cheated on her.

“Oh my god, is it Selena? Did she hurt herself?” he said in a panic, looking down the hall toward the guest bedroom that me and Selena share. I could tell he wanted to get up to go to her but I couldn’t let him go in there just yet so I grabbed his arm so he wouldn’t get up. I shook my head, letting him know that she didn’t do anything. “Then what is wrong? You have to tell me.”

I took a few deep breaths trying to calm down but I couldn’t enough to speak just yet. Lex leaned in and kissed my forehead just as Lisa came into the hallway. I guess it looked suspicious from where she was standing because she said, “am I interrupting?” with a slight hint of attitude.

I jumped away from Lex, standing up and wiping away my tears. Lex stood up and rolled his eyes. “Don’t jump to conclusions, Lis.”

“Sorry, he was…” I hiccuped, “just helping me.”

Lisa’s eyes widened at my appearance, “Oh my god, are you okay?”

I once again shook my head, playing with the hem of my shirt. “Brian cheated on Selena.”

“He did what?” Lex yelled as Lisa just stood there in shock.

“What did what?” Selena’s fragile voice filled the hall. We all turned around quickly to see Selena standing in the hall right outside of the guest room. Her chin quivering and tears filled her eyes. My heart broke all over again at seeing her look so broken.

“I’m so sorry.” I told her as tears started falling from my eyes once again. I wanted to run to her and hug her tightly, but my legs wouldn’t move.

Lex ran to Selena and went to hug her but she pushed him away. “Don’t touch me!” she yelled. She took a step backwards with her arms out in front of her so Lex wouldn’t come any closer. “I need to get out of here.”

Selena ran back into the guest room. None of us knew what to do. We stood frozen in our places. Fear was written all over Lex’s face. I felt his fear, my heart was aching. But I knew that there was nothing we could do for her right now. She had to process this on her own. Taylor and Priscilla emerged from the guest room they were in and looked over at us confused. “What is with all the racket?” Priscilla asked as she rubbed her eyes.

Before any of us could respond Selena ran out of the guest room, right past Taylor and Priscilla and down the stairs. That’s when me and Lex looked at each other then ran after her. She can’t leave this house. I’m down for giving her space, but she’s way too distraught to be completely alone. “Selena, don’t leave.” I yelled after her.

She stopped at the front door, turning to face me. Tears streaming down her face. Her eyes were still red and puffy from crying all day yesterday and last night. “I just can’t be here right now. Everything is too much.” With that she opened the door and ran out. She had a rental car so she was able to just take off.

“Is anyone going to tell us what that was about?” Taylor asked as she pointed toward the front door.

“Brian is a bigger asshole than I initially thought.” Lex grumbled. Taylor and Priscilla still looked at us confused so I explained everything that had happened.

“I’m going to kill him.” Priscilla growled as she balled up her fists.

“Shouldn’t we have went after her?” Lisa asked curiously. I could tell she was concerned.

“Probably.” I sighed. “But I know Selena, she’ll just push us away the more we try to help her right now. We can’t afford to have her push us away because then no one will be there to save her if she does something stupid.”

“She won’t do anything, she loves that baby too much to risk it.” Priscilla said quickly. She does have a point there. Selena wouldn’t risk her baby’s life to harm herself. At least we have that working for us.

“So what are we going to do?” Taylor questioned. “We can’t just sit back and pray that she’s not to upset that she can’t drive. Or sit and wonder what is happening with her.”

“That might be the only thing we can do. She isn’t going to answer our texts or calls so we don’t know where she is.” I shrugged sadly. I would love to go rip Brian’s dick off, but that means I’ll have to face Alex too and that I can’t do. Plus I can’t leave Selena even if she would be in good hands with Lex.

“Why is everyone standing in the doorway with the door wide open?” Jack asked as he walked up to the house. None of us had even heard him arrive so we all jumped at the sound of his voice.

“Um…” Lex’s eyes widened. Jack was the closest to Selena of the two so he was nervous to tell him what had happened. “Selena ran out, we tried to stop her but she just left.”

“Why did she leave?” Jack furrowed his eyebrows.

Lex looked at me for help. I bit my lip not wanting to say the words out loud again. “Brian’s jackass cheated on her and she freaked out and ran out.” Priscilla spat out.

“Alex lets go, we have a fucking asshole to murder.” Jack growled. His nostrils flared with anger.

“We can’t kill him, Jack.” Lex tried to calm Jack down, but it didn’t work. Jack insisted that they had to murder Brian.

“How about we all just calm down and go wedding dress shopping.” I suggested. “I have yet to find a dress and Selena was supposed to help me but it looks like we all need a distraction right now. It’ll keep our minds occupied as we wait and pray that Selena calls us soon.”

“And if she doesn’t?” Priscilla asked worriedly.

“I don’t know.” I pulled her into a hug.

“I still want to go murder him.” Jack grumbled.

“We all do, but it’ll just make things worse. Selena hates him right now, but she still loves him and she’ll hate us all if he is murdered.” I told him.

We all got ready and went out, but no matter how distracted we were by pretty dresses, none of us could enjoy it because we were all worried about Selena. I hope she’s okay.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh snap! Brian cheated on Selena! What a douche! Now Demi is worried about the fate of her own relationship. Do you think that Alex would betray Demi? I don't think so but anything can happen right? Where do you think Selena went? How long will it be before she contacts anyone? Things are about to blow up, that's for sure.

Lemme know your thoughts and what you want to happen. Thanks for reading. :)