Impossible to Get Him

Chapter 5

“Hey, Stinky!” “Don’t call me like that, you Stankus!” I answered annoyed. “The date yesterday went off well! Thanks, dude. After all, Nan loves me.” Jack said boldly. “Ooh, are you sure?” I teased. “Yes, she asked you to go on a date with her to make me jealous, I see no other way, dear nerd.” Jack added daringly and then we both laughed. “What about yesterday’s tutoring? Cool?” I hesitated before admission: “Well, I screwed it up. But in the long run I think it’s okay. Hopefuly but it sucked because I remember no single word he said.” “Hahah, you’re intolerably mulish.” “Go to hell, you moron.” We giggled and came in the classroom.

…… ”Yes, yes and then I came home and all my clothes were dirty and grubby, just, it was quite funny incident, I guess.” I said and made David laugh – truly, this fact makes me feel better. “And what your parents said?” David asked, laughing. “Mum said something like ‘Pierre, you should be ashamed, look at yourself, you look like a pig’, so I was like okay, why not.” We both laughed out loud. It’s so damn beautiful to see him smiling. His smile is really lovely, cute and much charming. “WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE AGAIN?!” I numbed. “Oh, Ricky… SCRAM!” I shouted as I turned my face at him. In that moment Rick prepared his fist to bump me but- I took his hand down in the air. What?! Everybody is looking at me including David and even I am pretty confused. I’m really scared. I swallowed thickly as he looked at me rather angrily. I know it’s bad. “Fine, I’m outta here.” I gave a stupid grin and walked away to not get another hit.

“Wow, I’m SUPERMAN, Crow. Shit, it was totally incredible, hah. Did you see that? Whoah!” I screamed and freaked out on the corridor. “That’s enough, don’t flaunt, you idiot.” “But Jack, I took his fist down. It’s a dream! Hah! And Crow, who-whoah, I’m a su-per-MAN, dude, ha-“ “Everybody-is-staring-at-you. So… STOP FREAK OUT, MORON!” Jack screamed and tried to hide his face nobody to see him. “You made me feel embarrassing, dude.” “What? Why?” “Nobody needs to know that I take up with such a cabbagehead! It’s like someone just let you out of psychiatry. You’re hopping around the corridor and screaming ‘I’m superman’!” “I’m sorry, Crow.” We both smiled and went to out lockers.

Just a few minutes ago I realized I can’t do physical education because of my sore ankle and David can’t exercise, too so I’m gonna sit with him for three quarters of an hour and just talk. That’s pretty awesome!

“Do you know any topic to talk about, Davie?” I asked to make conversation. “No. Do you?” Shit, I have to thing of something. “Um… on these days you don’t look any happy so I thought something is wrong, maybe in your relationship. How is it going?” I asked cautiously. David hesitated. “Well, I don’t know. Maybe…it’s not going well, I guess. There were much better days, if you know what I mean. He boozes a lot and I don’t know if I want to be with him from now on…” “Wait, you’re together for 3 years now, so you should know if he’s the right for you, or not?” “Yes, just… let’s talk about something else, yes? I heard you had an affair with Nancy. What is the truth?” “Oh, shit.” I thought. “The truth is that she’s about dating Jack.” I tried to cover it but who knows, maybe that’s true what I said. “Aha, okay. Just the saying goes that you date her, so, that’s it…” “No, no, no, that’s a rumor.”
After a while of serious chat we moved on another and much nicer topic. We joked, played tricks and just made fun of each other. Truly, it was nice. In that instant I started to yearn to kiss him. He's so close to my face and... that's so hard to look away. I’m not noticing anything or anyone moving around. I'm focusing only on his beautiful face, looking into his eyes. I broke the awkward silence with taking his hand gently. He balked a bit but I didn't move my hand away. Instead of interrupting this moment I'm taking his hand more to my grasp. Our faces are approaching. I can feel his breath. Only a few inches separate me from his lips. I'm gonna be there- !BANG! "Shit." I said aloud and looked away, retreating and letting his hand go. David played like nothing happened, too. "I'll kill you, FUCKER!" The owner of the thrown ball, Rick, shouted. "That's stupid, ahah." I said and smiled rather foolishly before looking at Rick who is staring at me annoyed and Jack who's looking at me very happily and thumbing up.

“Pierre, it was pretty awesome!” Jack shouted from behind me as I got out of our gym. “Yes it’s gonna be okay until Rick punch me in my mouth.” I said and pointed out what Rick’s about to do before I giggled and continued: “Maybe I could ask David to go for a walk.” I pondered while going down the corridor. “So catch him up and make a step at time, you milksop.” “Hey, I’m not a milksop.” I stood up for myself and looked at him angrily. “So cheer up and show up, buddy!” There was a silence before- “So do it!” Jack cried out and made me resolute.

“Davie, I thought about us and-“ “What?” “Nothing, nothing just…” I felt pretty embarrassing because of what I said. “Just, I thought if you want we could go for a walk someday. It’s up to you, for sure.” I made an offer, rubbing my hands nervously. David needed a time for reflection apparently. I found him pretty nervous, too. “Oh, I mean, why not. It could be fun.” He said, smiling. His decision made me totally happy. That’s the first time he accept my offer. I think it’s on the right way. “Really? It’s gonna be great, David. And… when and where?” I asked smilingly, looking down into his beautiful shining eyes. “Tomorrow, on Friday?” “Yes, yes, okay. Let’s meet outside the urban park.” I offered. “I’m looking forward, so… meet you there-“ David couldn’t even finish the sentence and in that moment Rick from behind us came up, wrapped his arm around David’s waist, saying: “Oh, babe, we agreed on tomorrow's cinema, right? So come on!” “Damn!” I said, observating Rick going with him away. I glimpsed David looking overarm back at me somewhat sadly. They stopped after a few steps because of David’s slipping out. “We didn’t agree on anything. Why did you lie, Rick?” “Because I don’t want him to seduce my boyfriend, dude.” “That’s pretty cool, Pierre is a nice boy but he doesn’t want me, it’s stupid, Rick. Try to use your brain while thinking.” David said and walked away from him. On one hand, I’m glad he said ‘Pierre’s a nice boy’ but on the other hand, I DO want him so bad. Doesn’t he see it at all?