Life with Tommy

Weighing in

I entertained myself with a bit of window shopping at the nearby mall before it was time for the weigh-in. I figured I'd just show up on my own because I didn't want to distract Tommy with a text or call about logistics. When I got there, the room was packed. Cameras were flashing everywhere and I could barely see the stage through the crush of people. The first thing I saw was Lang's Mohawk as he approached the scales. I was used to seeing some pretty built guys from visiting Tommy at the gym, but this guy was in a class by himself. He looked like he was chiseled out of marble. The expression on his face was that of a stone cold killer, and to see him cast his eyes on the man I loved made my stomach clench in knots. Tommy, on the other hand, looked unaffected by the cameras as well as Lang as he calmly stepped on the scale. He made his weight with 1/4 pound to spare. The two stood side by side for a couple more photos and then Tommy quickly exited stage left without so much as even a word. Lang spent a few minutes pontificating on his superior skills and how he was going to show everyone that Sparta had been a fluke and that he was going to expose Tommy for the fraud that he was. I slipped out the back and sent a quick text to Tommy--

You looked pretty good up there. Although I do prefer your glow in the dark Steelers boxers. Do you want to meet for dinner?

I was back up in my room when his reply came through--

Those are for your eyes only. I've got a workout at 6 and then Frank wants to go watch a couple fights. U want to come?

I was torn. On the one hand, I wanted to spend any time that I could with Tommy but, on the other hand, I didn't want to distract him or piss Frank off. I carefully crafted my reply--

You focus on your fight prep. I'll be fine on my own. Maybe you can stop by to say goodnight. PG of course ;)

His reply assured me that I had made the right choice.

Thanks babe. I'm glad you're here. I'll see you later tonight.
------------------------
I found a nice seafood place for dinner and treated myself to a couple of glasses of wine while I caught up on my Vanity Fair magazine from two months ago. I was relaxing in my room when I heard his knock at the door. I can pretend that I casually strolled to the door to answer it, but the reality was that I shot up from the bed like a coiled spring. Tommy was leaning against the jam when I opened the door, and I willed myself to be strong. We had barely spent 12 hours apart, but I found myself craving his touch so much I could barely focus on what he was saying.
"Good evening ma'am. Hotel management just sent me up to make sure everything is to your satisfaction."

I couldn't help but laugh at his word choice. "Good evening Mr. Conlon. Please come in and check things out for yourself."

Tommy purposely brushed past me as he walked into the room and I was able to successfully suppress a moan. He sat in the desk chair as I sat chastely on the edge of the bed.

"How was your workout? Everything feeling ok for the fight tomorrow?"

"Yeah. Everything's good. Frank just wanted to go over a couple strategies we have in mind specifically for Lang. We're ready."

"Sounds good. I can't wait for you to shut that guy up."

Tommy exhaled loudly and continued. "I'm sorry that I kind of just left you on your own today. The stupid press conference took longer than I thought and then we had to get ready for the weigh-in..."

"Tommy" I started. "I'm fine. I know that you're here to work. I'm here to support you however I can. And if that means entertaining myself, it's no big deal. I don't want to distract you or be in the way." And I meant it 100%. If the price of Tommy beating Lang was me spending a few days alone, I could do that. Especially knowing that once the fight was over, he was all mine.

"Thanks for being cool with all this, Sarah. I did miss you today. There were a bunch of things that happened that I wanted to tell you about or that I thought would make you laugh, but then by the time I got my phone out to text you, they were gone."

"Well, it's the thought that counts. I missed you today, too. It's weird. We spend days apart all the time when I'm working and you're training, but when I opened the door it felt like I hadn't seen you in months. And all I wanted was for you to hold me." Where did that come from? Suddenly my brain was deciding to just stop all monitoring of my mouth.

Tommy got up from his chair and came over to the bed. "I think I can do that" he said as he climbed in next to me. He wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me close. We laid like that talking for about an hour until his Frank-imposed curfew forced him to head back to his room.

"I love you and I'll see you tomorrow" I murmured into his shoulder as he hugged me goodbye.

"See you tomorrow. Sweet dreams babe." He kissed me softly once and then backed away and walked down the hall. Of course I watched him the whole way. His room was only 5 doors away but it felt like he was across the country. It was going to be a long night.
♠ ♠ ♠
Rediscovered after more than a year! We'll see if there is anything more to tell.