Status: Active

Blood, Sweat & Ink

Chapter Ten

I woke up the next morning and had severe morning sickness. I laid in bed and could not hold any food down. I was texting Dave and started cramping bad. I had to go to the hospital and get checked out. I was getting dressed and grabbed my keys.

Hospital

I got hooked up to machines and my aunt Tracy was with me. Dr. Owens walked in and started the ultrasound. He found the baby and I started to cry because there was no heartbeat.

“You miscarried Vanessa” He said, “I’ll be back to start prepping you for surgery”

He left the room and I broke down. I hugged Tracy and tears were streaming down my face. I got hooked up to IVS and machines.

Tracy stepped out in the hallway and Dave was probably in the middle of filming. He would probably try not to breakdown in front of the cameras but he would try to be strong for me. I saw Tracy walk in and she looked sad.

“He’s on his way baby” She said hugging me.

“How did he take the news” I asked.

“He cried on the phone” She said, “everyone knows about it”

“Great” I said

The nurses started wheeling me down to surgery to remove the baby and I wiped my eyes one last time before I went under.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I woke up and heard the machines beeping. I saw no one in the room and was very tired. I was also sore down there and didn’t want to do anything. I saw a concerned Dave enter the room and hugged me.

“Are you okay?” He asked.

I shook my head and broke down. He wiped my tears away and his were bloodshot and a little swollen. He told we would get through this and was going to be a stronger couple.

I was going to get released in a few hours and was so tired. He grabbed my hand and sat in the chair beside of me.

The doctor told me I should be able to go home in two to three hours and Dave got my some clothes to wear. I changed into them and my sister was going to be living with us.

Dave told me that Jaime served her divorce papers and he knocked the girl up that he was cheating on her with.

I told him ‘she can move in with us but has to not step foot in our room unless one of us is in their’. I needed some sleep and the faster I can go to bed the faster I can go home.

Home

I finally was home and went upstairs. I walked into our huge bedroom and got into bed. I turned on the TV and Dave walked in with our Jonathan.

“Hey little man” I said hugging him.

He smiled at me and I laughed. Jonathan was such a cutie and took after my husband in a lot of his features.

“Why did you get that tattoo you got with your sister covered up” Dave asked.

“It faded badly and I didn’t want it anymore. So, I got it covered up with Marilyn Monroe” I said.

Dave always loved the Marilyn tattoo I got and Dave loves my lip print tattooed on his wrist with my name so the whole world can see it. I was trying to get the miscarriage off my mind but I couldn’t. It was going to drown me and I needed a vacation.

“How about you, Jonathan, me, kyle and your sister go on a vacation because there isn’t no filming for a week. Just to get your mind off things” He suggested.

“Where to Mr. Navarro” I asked being seductive.

“Hawaii” He said smiling.

“Deal” I said then kissing him.

Hours later

“Honey, haven’t you packed enough” I asked Dave while he was packing his fourth bag.

“This is OUR last bag” He said putting the emphasis on our.

“Okay” I said.

We were heading out to lovely Hawaii tomorrow morning.