Status: Active

Blood, Sweat & Ink

Chapter Eleven

They had just thrown off Maddie and James off of the show when Dave came up to Lydia to give her the bad news.

"Wow," Lydia breathed. "Is my sister ok?"

"Just came out of surgery to remove the dead fetus," Dave said. "Listen, I have an idea."

"Go on," Lydia urged.

"I decided to take your sister on a week-long vacation to get her mind off of things, since shooting doesn't resume for a week. My sister suggested Kyle come along too, since the both of you get along pretty well."

"But-but he's married. I saw the wedding ring on his finger," Lydia stuttered.

"His wife filed for divorce as well," Dave explained. "They'd been separated for about a year and a half. Apparently in Flint, Michigan being a tattoo artist still isn't considered a viable career path. Apparently, Mrs. Dunbar had been nagging him for a while now to get a quote-unquote real job because she felt that the neighbors were judging her, being married to a tattoo artist."

"Poor guy," Lydia commented. Kyle had always seemed so flippant about his reasons for being on Ink Master, only saying that the money would go a long way to pay bills.

"I don't know..."

"Kyle already said yes," Dave said.

"Fuck it, I'll go."