Status: Active

Blood, Sweat & Ink

Chapter Fifteen

"Ow," Lydia muttered to Kyle the next day as the contestants crowded the tour bus. "What are you, part Energizer Bunny? My thighs are killing me."

"I didn't hear you complain last night," Kyle quipped.

"Josh is listening in, shh!"

Lydia was worried. The older man had been quiet-too quiet-since the night she kicked him in the balls. Not even a glare at her way. In the short time she'd known him, that meant only one thing: he was rearing for an attack when the two wouldn't be looking.

Dave announced that today's Flash Challenge would be drawing one good luck and one bad luck tattoo, the best designs going to be tattooed on Dave and Vanessa.

Lydia scrambled her brain. Let's see....a straight hand in poker? That could be considered a good luck tattoo. Bad luck? Hm, a black cat looking into a cracked mirror?"

Pencils ordered put down, Lydia groaned upon learning that Jime-ever the overachever-had come up with at least eighty different designs, and gloated when none of them passed muster. Jason and Tatu Baby's designs got picked, with Dave picking Jason as the winner. Lydia cheered him on. It was about time the bearded man won something, she thought.

With that, the contestants went to bed and anticipated the Elimination Tattoo.