Status: Active

Blood, Sweat & Ink

Chapter Seventeen

"Aw, shit!" Lydia swore as Dave announced that the Canvasses for the Elimination Challenge would be contestants from last season-among them Jamie. And they had to do pin ups. She thought pin ups were sexist. Oh, goodie.

Jamie must have agreed to do it before Lydia agreed to be on the show, another sign that her soon-to-be ex-husband never gave a damn about her.

At least they only have five minutes to interview each Canvas.

"Here's an idea," Lydia began the moment Jamie sat down. "If there is a chance in hell I'll end up tattooing you, I want to make perfectly clear: you will get whatever I fucking draw out for you. You will not critisize it or make any sort of comment on how I draw, how differently you'd do it. For the three years we were married I put up with it. I only want to know one thing: what does she have that I don't?"

"Everyone around me told me I was lucky to have you, and scoffed at me when I said I-I wasn't sure I wanted to marry you," Jamie stuttered. "Then one drunken night, Heather-she took advantage of me. It was three months before the wedding. I knew then-" A tear streamed down his face.

Then suddently it dawned on her. "You started being an asshole to me three months before the wedding. You were trying to get me to break up the engagement because you were too cowardly to do it yourself!" She slapped him.

"Ow!" Jamie exclaimed, rubbing his now-reddned face.

--------------------

Jamie ended up with Lydia after all. And when the pin up design turned out to be Lydia as a pregnant devil woman with a banner underneath that read "the thing that would never be", he didn't complain. Chris complimented her on keeping her cool.

Craig went home that day.