Status: I'll try to stay consistent.

You'll Find Me Under the Stars

Chapter Three:: Clarity

{Desiree}

I sat, naked, on a tall stool watching Dmitri pace across the room. He only wore dark-wash jeans that hung in a rather attractive manner around his waist. Well, I assumed it would be attractive to most women that weren’t aware of the cruelties he was capable of.

My face still throbbed from the impact he had made on me earlier. However, he hasn’t touched me since he had come into the room. He merely stated that he knew I was awake and demanded I seat myself upon the wooden stool set randomly in the room.

It was only by my choice to remain entirely still and silent. Dmitri paused, looked at me, and then shook his head again. Was he shaking his head at the massive discoloration on my face? Did I do something wrong?

I kept my face complete devoid of all emotion or thought. I sat straight and in a rather proud manner. I refused to let Dmitri see the turmoil brewing within me; the questions and concerns swimming in my mind. I’m sure, though, that he could just sense them. Or he assumed they were there.

I began to plan. Devise something to help me escape. If I remained in Dmitri’s immediate interest, maybe then he wouldn’t sell me. Or rather, he would become comfortable with me being around. He has to slip somewhere.

I breathed in deeply and controlled the release. I began to control my mind and my body. This was something Max taught me. Every time I fell into fits of hysterics and confusing thoughts, he had me center myself once my “inner storm”- as he put it - had calmed in the slightest.

While sitting here watching Dmitri pace, my storm had begun to calm. I planned, calculated, and eventually stilled my thoughts. I found clarity. I decided I was going to fight, I was going to win, and I was going to be returned to my love.

“Desiree.” Dmitri’s voice cracked me out of my personal quiet. I looked at him like a curious child. He smiled in the slightest. “Come here.”

I tenderly stood from my seat and walked timidly over to him. To act as of nothing happened inside is the best thing for me at the moment. It creates a smaller amount of suspicion. I looked up at Dmitri when I was close enough to feel the heat radiate off him. He gingerly placed his strong hand on my face and traced my bottom lip with his thumb.

Slowly, he brought his mouth to mine and kissed me gently. I brought my hand up to his neck but before my skin touched his, he caught me by the wrist. “Don’t touch me, darling.” He whispered against my mouth. “Not today. I just wanted to feel the touch of your lips on mine. They bring memories I have long searched for. “

I was about to question him but he cut me off with a silencing look. “You reek. I’ll have The Ladies come in and tend to you.”

With that harsh comment, he left.

I meandered back to seat myself upon the stool and hum. They were odd melodies converged into one another. I got lost in my thoughts as I waited for “The Ladies”. Who were these women? Were they the ones who had bathed me before my crude actions with Dmitri?

My inner questions were proven to be true when three ladies filed into the room. They were the ones who had cleaned my drugged body and had tenderly – although momentarily – cared for me. I smiled when they made eye-contact with me.

The tallest elderly lady beckoned for me. I walked over to her and she grabbed my wrist. The one on her right, who was only slightly shorter, blindfolded me with a rag that smelt of vanilla. I inhaled greatly at the smell. I let memories that I was fond of, capture my mind.
♠ ♠ ♠
This was essentially a "filler" chapter. I'm moving to memories and carefully calculating my steps so not everything will be hastily thrown together. Thank you so much for reading!!! :) I really appreciate it.