Status: completed

Mad Alex

Chapter 6

"So he went..." The man cracked a smile under his fedora.

"I wonder what he will choose, I shall see this to the end."

---

When Jack opened his eyes, all he could see was a blur of ground. When he looked up, he saw blackness. As he tried to stand, he looked around. The floor was red but there no walls, it was all black.

"It's like some storybook world.." He breathed out as he looked around him on his shaky legs. His eyes caught onto a part of the ground in front of him, leading out more into the black than any other part, Jack guessed that was the way to the other side. When he stepped near it, he heard a grinding like noise and the rest of the path appeared in front of him.

With eyes wandering around him, he walked forward onto another platform. Another portal was in the middle, pillars off in the distance surrounding the platform he was on at the moment, without a second thought he walked through the portal.

Jack felt dizzy and sick as he got forced out of the portal, pushing him on his hands and knees as he gasped for air. He felt weak from all the trauma he put himself through, especially since the portal took the breath out of him. Eventually he got his strength back and was able to stand himself back up, he wobbled a bit but he gained his balance as he finally looked around him.

Jack's eyes widened and he felt his eyes water but he blinked rapidly to hold them back, he didn't want to cry right now.

"M... May.."

"So you came then, Jack.." Her voice was almost unrecognizable to him, it didn't sound like her.

"So it really is you then, May..."

It was probably stupid for Jack to do what he did, but he surged forward towards his sister but something forced him back. Knocking him down about 10 feet away, forcing the air out of the lungs as his body connected with the ground. Jack groaned in pain as he rolled over onto his hands hand knees again as he stumbled back up, facing his sister again.

"You shouldn't have come. This is no place for a... little boy," May's face broke out in an evil grin once she said 'little boy' and Jack's entire body froze.

"Why are you doing this, May?" Jack's voice had a shake in it, he couldn't help it.

"You've seen it on your way here, haven't you, Jack? The atrocities this man continues to commit? I don't want any more victims of his!"

"I don't see how it's your problem, really. Alex is my boyfriend, what he does has nothing to do with you."

May's smile seemed to only get bigger, which confused Jack. Why was she smiling? Was this just a joke to her? Because honestly, he did a lot of shit to get here and he didn't want to deal with this, he just wanted his boyfriend. Speaking of Alex, he was hidden behind May, he seemed to be passed out.

"Oh, Jack... there was always something about Alex that you never saw or caught on to. There was always something wrong with your relationship, thinking that Alex loved you."

"What are you even talking about? Of course Alex loves me! There is no doubt in my mind that would say otherwise!" Jack charged forward again, only to be once again knocked back but with a harder force. When he looked up, he saw May's body was risen from the ground, her hair whipping around madly as her entire being was surrounded in a halo of white. But it was what was in her hands that made Jack's heart almost stop.

She was holding Alex as a portal opened up behind her. She whispered something incoherent to him as she got closer to the portal. Jack tried to stand up, but resulted in him collapsing to the floor, he felt his eyes get heavy. He was just so tired but Alex was the one he loved and he needed to save him, Alex was his, not May's.

Without anything to do physically, Jack brought it to himself to scream his beau's name as loud as he could, hoping for him to wake up and get away from his sister. Thankfully, it worked since Alex's eyes slowly opened and locked on Jack.

Energy surged through Jack, energy and adrenaline were coursing through his veins as he picked himself up and was able to run towards his sister and boyfriend. This time, he got to pushed May to the side, away from the portal but he still got knocked back, this time though, Alex was closer to him.

"Alex!" Jack quickly crawled towards him, turning him over so he could see the skunk haired boy. A smile took over Jack's face. But it was all quickly ruined.

"Why won't you listen to your sister, Jack?" The younger's body froze as he continued to stare down at his boyfriend.

"You can't take something that isn't yours, May. Alex isn't yours to have, he is mine, and mine alone."

Something knocked Jack away from Alex, ripping him away. In front of him stood May, the aura of white around her turned to red and her face was painted with such an expression that made Jack's unshed tears finally roll down his face.

"Then let me give you this,"

The man passed a glass to Jack, it seemed like it was filled with water.

"What's this?" Jack asked as he turned it in his hands.

"Magic Water, a product of my company. Please, take this with you, the magic in the water will no doubt be of help to you."

"Can I save Alex with this, too?" Of course he had to ask, he was only doing this for Alex.

"Of course, the water has the power to seal the power of the curse."


The man's voice rang through his head as he reached into his pocket, finding the Magic Water easily. When he opened it, he saw May back away, eyeing the bottle.

"Jack? Jack what are you doing?"

"I'm sorry, May..."

The water surged out of the bottle to May, in some sort of laser type of ray. A loud wail echoed around him as May's form turned into a bright flash that had Jack shielding his eyes away from the light. Eventually it went away and everything around them was black, May's body was up ahead, slowly fading as she looking at her hands with disbelief.

Although May had completely betrayed Jack, he still loved her, so he ran towards her, reaching his right arm out to try to at least feel her again. But it was too late, she faded and disappeared.

Jack collapsed onto the ground, heavy flow of tears running down his face as the world around him turned white until it eventually faded to one of the rooms of Alex's many labs. He waited until the world stopped spinning, looking around until his eyes landed on Alex's body, a few feet away from him. He quickly crawled over, saying his boyfriend's name over and over again, nudging him awake. Alex kept groaning before eventually lifted his head up, looking around confused.

"Was I... saved? Jack?" The blond boy's eyes locked onto the younger's as he nodded, biting his lower lip as tears continued to stream down his face. Jack grasped onto Alex's forearms as he brought his beau into his chest as he cried.

Finally, he could hold his love again. After everything he went through, he had Alex back. Their hug was crushing but neither boy cared, they finally had each other and that's all that mattered.

"I'm so sorry, Jack. I must have worried you so much, I'm so sorry," Alex's tired voice mumbled into Jack's chest. In response, the younger shook his head, silently saying that he didn't need to apologize. It honestly was like a picture perfect moment, although both had blood and tears all over their clothes, it didn't matter to them because they finally had each other.

Jack pulled away and nudged Alex's face with his nose so he could look at him. Without skipping a beat, he connected their lips in a sweet and gentle kiss, savoring the moment for as long as they both could. It's felt like years since Jack kissed Alex and he couldn't help but remember the first time they did kiss, the memory of how awkward and weird it was for both of them made the younger smile into the kiss he was sharing with his boyfriend.

Honestly, Jack didn't care where they were, he just wanted his boyfriend. Wanted him all. He finally got him back after going through shit that will most likely scar him emotionally, the younger just wanted to kiss and touch every inch of his boyfriend and goddammit he was going to.

But he heard a voice behind him, female voice, similar to May's. He was still kissing Alex when he felt the world shift.

"I didn't want you to know the truth, Jack..."

And that's all he heard before he saw black.

---

When Jack's eyes opened again, he was standing in Alex's room, but this time it was when they were teenagers. He looked down at his body, but he seemed to be a bit transparent, guessing this was suppose to be a memory of some sort. Even though all the memory times he's experienced with other people, he was the person who controlled him, but since this was May he just thought she wanted Jack to see something for himself.

He heard somebody coming up the stairs, already assuming it was Alex. Jack didn't know how old they were, but when he laid his eyes on his boyfriend he knew they were about sixteen. The -now, brunet- haired boy took up a bandana to keep his hair a certain way, not to mention that's also when he decided to paint his nails black all the time. It took a good two years for Alex to finally throw out the bandana and just keep his hair how it was, personally Jack always liked the bandana look for a reason he didn't know about, it just made Alex look so attractive it was hard to keep his hands to himself.

However he wasn't alone, usually Alex spent all his time with Jack, but this made the younger feel choked up and tears stung at his eyes. Behind Alex was May, they were holding hands and when they closed the door, May was pressed against the door as their lips connected.

Jack didn't know what to do. He tried to recall any fights they had during this time, but he came up with nothing, they've always been civil with each other and barely had any fights and if they did it was resolved within a hour because they couldn't stand being mad at each other.

Before he could really do anything else he felt the world shift again, this time it was about a year later and it was once again May and Alex. Although this time, they seemed to be in a fight because all Jack could hear was screaming going around him as they threw insults at each other. What really caught his attention was what May said.

"Don't do this shit, Alex! We're made to be together, besides it's more acceptable than you and Jack being together. You can't just leave."

"I'm sorry May, but this has been going on for far too long. It isn't fair to Jack and I've realized that now. I just... I can't love you, May, because my heart belongs to Jack, not you."

Jack might be pissed off and upset, but when Alex said that it just made his heart beat faster and his stomach fill with butterflies all over again, he hasn't felt that feeling in awhile and he remembered how much he truly loves Alex. He would do anything for the elder, even if he cheated on him, he still loved Alex. No matter what.

"I figured you would say something like that. Now I think it's my responsibility to tell Jack what we've been doing and trust me Alex, he'll never love you after I tell him," May was now pointing an accusing finger at Alex as Jack stood between them, silently watching a scene unfold.

What he wasn't expecting was for Alex to attack his sister, pushing her against a wall by her wrists. Jack's eyes widened in surprise, he didn't like where this was going at all. He just hoped what was happening and what was going to happen was false, that it was just him overreacting and guessing what exactly was going to happen.

His guess was correct when he saw the knife that was hidden away, unseen by both May and Jack. His guess was harsh, but he was correct, especially when it plunged deep into her chest as her mouth and eyes widened in shock. It took awhile for her to finally fall limp, what with Alex's soft voice whispering things like 'Shhh, it'll all be over soon. You just gotta keep quiet..' honestly it was like heaven to Jack's ears, as fucked up as that sounded.

When she did fall limp, that was when the memory was cut out. That was also the time Jack scrambled away from Alex's hold, his back slamming against a covered test tube. The cover fell with Jack, falling on him as he rubbed where his back connected with the glass before pulling the blanket off and looking at the test tube. What was there was not what he expected.

Inside the test tube, was his sister, perfectly preserved. He saw the wound that the knife caused, it looked like she couldn't have been dead for a few days at least, but he knew it's been eight years. Jack's head tilted to the side as he looked, he knew Alex was watching him study it, processing what he's seeing.

"Beautiful, isn't it? How well preserved I've kept it, even after all these years.." Jack didn't even flinch at the words being spoken to him, he just numbly nodded as he turned to face Alex, still sitting on the ground. The elder slowly crawled towards Jack, winding his arms around his neck as he brought their faces closer.

In all honesty, the younger was still trying to process everything. His emotions and thoughts were everywhere, he didn't know how to feel. Should he be mad? Betrayed? Mortified? ... Afraid? He didn't want to be afraid of his boyfriend, honestly there wasn't anything to be afraid of. Jack felt acceptance for what Alex had done, he didn't care because the elder had chosen him.

As sick as it sounded, this new side of Alex just made Jack think he was hotter, if that was even possible. So he allowed the elder to push their faces together as their lips once again connected in a short kiss. When they disconnected, Jack just grinned at his boyfriend before helping him up as they exited the room.

---

"So... you're not mad or anything? Even disgusted? You're just going to pretend like I did nothing, like your sister didn't mean anything to you?" Jack just shrugged in response, he didn't know what he was doing or how he was feeling, he just knew he loved Alex and they were together again.

"Honestly, I'm just glad you're back." Jack replied as he dropped the lighter in the middle of the room, with the help of the gasoline he poured on the carpet and wood surrounding them. Soon everything was engulfed in flames as both boys exited the house, walking the long distance down a dirt road, out the gates of the house and calling Alex's parents.

The elder's right arm was draped against the younger's shoulders as Jack nuzzled his face into his neck as he called his parents, planning on them letting both boys stay there until they could get a new house and start everything over.

A short while later a car pulled up in front of them, knowing it was his boyfriend's parents they got situated in the back as they drove away from the now burning house. Looking back at it, Jack hoped he made the right choice. He watched the man he loved the most kill the only person that cared about him, next to Alex of course. But when he looked over to the elder and their eyes locked, he knew he made the right decision.

Murderer or not, he still loved him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Annnd it's over!

I decided to do my own ending, I might do an epilogue if you guys are up for it because I did have more plans for it but I decided that if you guys want an epilogue I'll write one, if not then it leaves off here.

Thanks for reading this you guys! It means so much okay, and now I can go back to writing my other fanfiction and everybody will be happy c:
-Parrish xo