I Wish I May, I Wish You Might

If love is for dreamers, then we must be dreamers. Either that or fortune favors us.

You're the type of person I want to wake up next to every morning.

It has to be after a long night of rough love, one of which leaves hickeys on our flesh and not a breath in our lungs.

Then, after more kisses and stroking, I want to roll out of our fluffy white sheets and make you burnt pancakes. However, I'll try not to let them cook too long. . .

Never mind, they'll definitely be burnt.

But that's okay. When we abandon that mess, I want you to sneak into the shower and wrap your arms around my soapy waist and whisper seductive things in my ear.

Whether or not we make love again, I want to walk around our apartment with only your shirt on - the one you're wearing now, actually. You have to wear just those boxers, because hot damn.

I want to sit in your lap when we play video games. Of course, I'm going to tease you and get in front of the screen just when you're about to beat your high score.

I'm sorry, but it just has to be this way.

We need a reading nook. I'll tell you what - let's have a two bedroom apartment. One room can be packed with all of our shit, and the other will have just a massive bed (probably just our twins pushed together because who the fuck has money anyways?) and a million Christmas lights dangling across the ceiling. We can read there.

That sounds about right.

And finally, I want to eat something romantic in the candle light - well, Chinese take-out, isn't that romantic, but you know, we'll be trying. (Low pay and young, restless spirits don't go far, do they?)

If we don't make it to the bedroom by then, then it's going to have to be sappy romance or Disney movies. I'm going to pretend to fall asleep with my head on your chest, just so I can listen to your heart rate slow down.

But I know that just before you fall into slumber, you'll pick me up and carry me to our bedroom - you'll kiss my forehead and whisper "I love you" into my shoulder.

I'll smile, getting goosebumps from your voice rumbling against my skin.

You're going to know I'm awake by then, but that's fine.

I'll pull your hand to my chest and only close my eyes once you do. The cover of night will take over, but the following day will be set on repeat.

And we'll be perfect.

Absolutely fucking perfect.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is supposed to be me painting with words, kinda. Add this, Touch up that.

You know?