Status: Active for your Eyes Only. <3 [Incomplete/Ongoing]

Chaotic Demons

Addresses and Destruction

Beast's POV

I woke up and heard the sound of the lid of the mailbox, hitting the metal box. My head ached from the television. I had forgotten to turn it off, so the volume was louder than it should have been. Thankfully, it shut itself off at some time during the night.

I pushed myself off the couch and made my way to the kitchen. I needed food before I checked my mail. After eating a bowl of cereal, I stepped onto my front porch. The mail man was long gone by now, and the neighborhood was silent. There was the sound of the nearby freeway with cars, rushing on the pavement. Everyone seemed to be in there house or not there.

I reached my hand into the mailbox and pulled out three letters. I went through them. The first two were junk mail, wanting me to get a credit card. The last one wasn’t meant for me. The address was mine, but it was addressed to Harper Davis. I didn’t know anyone by that name, but then I looked at the recently sold house. I set my mail inside on the table by the door and pulled on some shoes.

I had on yesterday’s shirt and some sweatpants. I didn’t really care that I wasn’t properly dressed. At least, I wasn’t naked, right? I crossed the street. Her car was in the driveway, but the trailer was gone. I couldn’t hear anything coming from inside, but I climbed the steps anyways. I rang the doorbell, waiting for her to come.

It wasn’t long before there are footsteps, coming towards the door. “Why are you here?” her voice asked through the closed door.

“Are you Harper Davis?” I asked, holding up the letter I got.

The door opens to reveal the brunette. Her head barely comes above my shoulders, forcing her to look up at me. She was beautiful with soft cheekbones and an angled jawline. “Sneaking through my mail now?” she asked.

“No, it came to my house. In fact, it has my address on it, not yours,” I replied, pointing to the street number. “I figured that I would be the nice guy and give it to you.”

She takes the white envelope from my hands and quickly opened it in front of me. A huge smile found its way on her face. She jumped up and wrapped her arms around me. I was shocked, but I let my arms wrap around her as well. She felt nice next me, and I didn’t really like to admit it.

She pulled away from me. Her face was red with embarrassment. “I’m sorry. It’s just that I’m officially Aden’s guardian,” she explained. “I’m just so-“

“It’s fine. I understand,” I cut her off. I smiled at her. “Well, I have to go.”

I made it to the edge of her lawn when she called out, “Wait! I don’t even know your name.”

“I’m Ace Evans, but everyone calls me Beast,” I answered, turning to look at her one last time. I turned and went back to my house.

Nick stepped out of his house, but I didn’t pay him any attention. He didn’t like me, and I never knew why. The moment that I moved in to the house across from his he had always made his life’s mission to get me to move out. I wasn’t bothered by his efforts.

As I stepped back into my house, my phone was ringing. I sighed as I looked at caller ID. It was Maya, and there was no way that I was going to have the conversation with her at that moment. I was in a good mood. She wasn’t going to ruin it.

There was something about Harper that intrigued me. I knew that we didn’t really make a good first impression, but maybe I could fix it. What the hell was I thinking? I didn’t even know her. Maybe it’s just because I liked how her body felt pressed up against me, and she was easy on the eyes. This had to be purely sexual and had nothing to do with personality. That sounded bad, but I didn’t know her. It was the only logical explanation of me, wanting to see her body looked like.

My phone rang again, calling me out of my thoughts. This time it was Tommy. I hit the talk button, and grumbled a ‘hello’.

“You need to get here now,” Tommy demanded into the phone. “Maya is here, tearing up the office.”

“Alright,” I sighed, annoyed. I hung, rushing to my room to pull on clean clothes. I got on my Harley and headed to the shop.

When I got there, there was a police car parked in front. Maya was in handcuffs, being pushed out of the office by one of the cops. One of them came up to me with a nervous smile. He knew who I was. “Sir, are you the one who owns the shop?” he asked.

I nod. “We are here because someone called us, saying that there was someone vandalizing this place. Maya Anderson was in the office ripping up papers, and she broke two of the windows. Not only that, she broke the computer,” the officer said. “Would you like to press charges?”

I should have known that Maya would have done something like this. She liked to mess with people’s belongings when she didn’t get her way. In a way, I viewed her as a child when she did this. I didn’t want her to get away with this. She needed to know that she couldn’t mess with my work and think things would be fine.

“Fuck,” I growled. “Yeah, I want her to pay for what she did. That computer had everything thing we needed for the parts.”

The officer just nodded and wrote something down on his note bad. He went back to his car and left with Maya in the backseat. I walked into the office to see everything completely destroyed. There were torn papers on the ground. The computer would never be fixed, and two windows needed to be replaced. Maya was insane.
♠ ♠ ♠
I do hope that you are enjoying this. Don't be afraid to leave a comment.

-Anna