Status: Active for your Eyes Only. <3 [Incomplete/Ongoing]

Chaotic Demons

Being Friendly

Harper’s POV

I jumped at him from excitement but still I shouldn’t have done something like that to a stranger and even more than that to someone I had snapped at the other day; that wasn’t nice of me. I should have kept my cool but I was really happy I was the rightful guardian for Aden. My sister was left another step behind and the news was worth celebrating for.

Maybe that guy wasn’t that bad after all. He was kind enough to not throw the papers but try to find me in order to give them to me. Maybe I was mistaken but I still had to be careful. I never knew what my sister could have tried in order to get Aden from me, and I didn’t want to let that happen. It was better for my nephew to be with me than his mother, and I was surprised he hadn’t asked for his mother yet. He knew he was safe with me so maybe the feeling of security I was giving him helped him relax.

By the time I realized I was still thinking about it, I had reached home after driving Aden to school. Once I was inside the house, I took off my coat and threw my keys and phone on the couch before turning to go to the kitchen. A glass of fresh juice was what I needed to keep my energy up before getting ready to meet Nick. We had agreed on staying at my house, eating and watching a movie or two while taking about stuff and what not.

Two hours later, the bell rang and Nick had finally come to my house. I was bored to say the least so I was glad he came on time. ‘’I’ve been so bored today. You have no idea.’’ I stepped into the living room with him behind me after we kissed each others cheeks when I opened the door.

‘’Really? And why’s that?’’ He asked sitting down on the couch, making himself comfortable.

‘’I don’t know. Even though I was hyper when I took Aden to school, my energy left me when I came back home. Truth is I didn’t sleep that good last night so I wanted to sleep some more but I knew that if I did, I’d be feeling sick for the rest of the day.’’ I explained to him. I had no idea why that happened though, but whenever I slept for one or two hours after having a bad sleeping night, then I’d feel ill for the rest of the day. The feeling sucked big time.

‘’I used to be like that too, but that was mostly because anxiety was kicking my ass,’’ he smiled at me as I went to the kitchen to make something for us to drink.

‘’And you think stress isn’t kicking mine? You really don’t know me yet.’’ I replied to him before I examined my fridge in order to see what I could offer to him and asked, ‘’what would you like? I have coffee, hot chocolate, cherry juice, banana juice, milk and tea, I think.’’

‘’No beer?’’ He asked, and I was taken aback. Weren’t beers for the night? I thought to myself before I said, ‘’no, sorry.’’

‘’Considering we will eat in a while, I could go grab a few beers or some cola drinks if you’d like?’’ He had turned his body towards the back of the couch with his head turned to the kitchen and I could see him from the side.

‘’Sure, but take the keys. They are on top of the table.’’ I opened the fridge and took the ingredients out to make four burgers and salad. I made my burgers with sausage, cheese, ketchup, mustard and the full course for Nick. I didn’t like vegetables but he had said there’s nothing he can’t eat. I took the plates to the living room and opened the DVD player, setting the movie inside and waiting for it to start before hitting pause. I sat on the couch waiting for Nick while I thought of today’s schedule.

I had to pick up Aden at five seeing as they had after school activities for kids and he would eat there at school the packed lunch I had for him. Till then I got to stay with Nick and hang out. The problem was that I had the interview at Nick’s work place tonight at ten. It would be hard making Aden go to bed so soon but if he’s exhausted from the after school activities, it will work.

I heard the keys and a minute later Nick had closed the front door and entered the living room. I took in his appearance, blue jeans and a white shirt along with a pair of white snickers. Simple, but it fit his image nicely. In one hand; he held the keys and in the other the bags with the drinks.

He motioned for me that he was going to throw the keys so when he did; I caught them while he went to the kitchen. I heard the noise coming from the plastic bags as he took the drinks and opened the fridge setting them in. He came back to the living room and brought a can of cola for me and a can of beer for him. He sat beside me on the couch and I asked, ‘’are we ready now?’’

‘’Yup,’’ with that said, I hit the play button on the remote control. ‘’What will we watch?’’ He asked, having no idea what I had put in.

‘’I can assure you it’s not a Barbie movie.’’ I smiled at him and he poked me, ‘’come on tell me’’ he begged.

‘’Something that you’ll like,’’ I smiled at him while focusing on the movie that was starting. It was the latest movie of the Fast and Furious movies, and there was no way he didn’t like that one. All men did, at least I thought so.