Status: Active for your Eyes Only. <3 [Incomplete/Ongoing]

Chaotic Demons

First Day

Harper's POV

Nick’s boss seamed to like me when he saw me yesterday. He explained to me the job and what I’d be doing, how I was expected to act with some certain customers and what not. The job was easy, seeing as I’ve worked as a waitress a lot of times and in different types of shops. The only difference was that this job was in the new place I started to live my life…nothing more and nothing else. So, I had to relax and be calm. Otherwise, I wouldn’t be able to do my job right and I’d get myself fired soon.

Nick wasn’t in the same shift with me today, but he dropped by just an hour before my shift ended to see how I was doing. ‘’So, bring me a beer, will ya?’’ he smiled, looking up at me. I held the tray in my hands and picked up the bottles and glasses the previous customers had left on the table.

‘’Sure,’’ I replied and went to the bar, asking for a beer.

Once I got it, I went over and gave it to him. The place wasn’t that crowded today and I was glad for that. It was my first day after all, and my anxiety was still there, reminding me I could mess it up. Even though seven hours of already working had passed, it felt no different to me.

‘’Hey, calm down. You’re good,’’ Nick said caressing my hand. He had realized how stressed I was.

‘’Thanks,’’ I answered. I needed this; someone to help me, someone to care.

‘’Anything for my beautiful neighbor,’’ he smiled and I smiled back.

‘’By the way, I’m really grateful your sister could babysit Aden along with your daughter. I have to find someone who will be able to take care of him while I’m working and he’s not at school.’’ A sigh escaped my lips as I remembered my problems weren’t anything but solved.

‘’Christiana is more than glad to help. I don’t remember if I’ve told you, but she can’t have children so she is more than happy to be able to pass her time with children.’’

‘’Oh, I’m sorry to hear that.’’ Not being able to have children is terrible for any woman. That’s our basic purpose in life, to give birth, though I was still young for a child, and I needed a man who could handle being with me in the same house for more than two hours or three. I would have liked to have a child or two with a serious man, but that would have to wait till I could feel more safe with Aden, and Aden already felt like a son to me.

‘’It’s okay. It’s been a long while since-‘’ He started saying but then he changed subject. ‘’Anyways, she’d be glad to help you with Aden whenever you need.’’ I didn’t want to pry into private matters so I kept it in the back of my mind. When he was comfortable and had opened up to me, he could tell me. Then I could do the same. Thank God, I could find someone like him here; make it easier for me to feel more comfortable, and welcomed.

So far, Nick was genuinely a very good man, and he was really helpful. I was sure about him and it had been a while since I felt safe with someone else around me. It was too soon though, but I hoped I wasn’t wrong about him because I needed a friend.

‘’Thanks, I’ll pick up Aden from your house once I’m done with my shift. Feel free to drop by for dinner if you’d like. Don’t expect anything grand though,’’ I smiled at him and went to get an order from another customer.

‘’I’ll take you up on that,’’ I heard him saying after I had turned my back on him, walking away.

Once my shift was finished, I went to the back and changed clothes. I put my uniform inside my handbag so I could take it home with me. I went to the front to inform Pedro I was leaving since Nick replaced me and with that I went to my car.

I got inside and threw my bag on the passenger’s seat. I wore my seatbelt and starting driving back home. I felt tired, but I didn’t want to feel like that so I turned on the radio in order to change my mood. Some good rock music had to make me feel better.

A few minutes later, I was hearing a strange sound, so I lowered the music and tried to listen to it. It was coming from the car, but I didn’t know what was wrong. I was afraid to drive back home with it so I pulled over to the side and got out of the car, waiting for the temperature of the machine to cool down a bit, and then try driving again back home. Hopefully safe, and with my car.

Twenty minutes later, as I was thinking of getting inside, I saw Ace with his bike. I didn’t expect him to notice me and stop, or even talk to me, but he did.

‘’Hey, can I help you with something?’’ He asked as soon as he stopped his bike beside my car.

‘’I-‘’ I was at a a loss of words as I just stared at him.

‘’You okay?’’
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm so sorry everyone for how long it has taken me to write a chapter for this story. I want to say I'm sorry to Anna too, sorry for the long wait, dear twin. c: I hope it won't happen again and we'll complete this project without anything keeping as back.

As for the chapter itself, it's not that long, but that's all I got. Your thoughts?

PS. I changed my username from XXXataktoulaXXX to Lady.V..

-Maria.