Status: New inspirations!

Everything Has Changed

Alex

I sat there, still reeling after the whole incident. The moment kept replaying in my head. I wished I could see her again but how was I supposed to? Who knew whether she'd be around again, or whether her brother would even let me near her.

I heard someone sit beside me and I looked over to see Brendan and he read my face like a book.

"I'd be careful, she's pretty much off limits"

I played it off, "What? Who?"

He laughed, "I'm no idiot and you're a terrible liar"

I sighed, "It came out of nowhere"

He laughed again, "Yes it did, and maybe that's all it was"

I shook my head, "You don't forget that" I leaned on the table and clasped my hands together, "In 30 seconds everything changed"

"She got into your head"

"But I like her there" I turned to look at him and he just shrugged, "I don't know what to tell you bud. But if you're going to do something, I'd be awfully careful. That's his baby sister, if I were him, I wouldn't let her near you"

I looked over and glared at him, "I'm not that bad"

"I didn't say that. But he's a hockey player. Why would be let his baby sister date one?"

I looked ahead again, "I'll probably never talk to her again anyways"

"You know, you have hockey to worry about. Maybe I will get your mind off of this"

He was right. I was about to start my career, this was important. I couldn't let this mess with my head, I had too much to focus on.

"You're right" I sat up, "I can't worry about it"

"But it will"

I sighed, he was right about that too. I needed to focus, but until I see her again, I don't know if I will.

I don't know what it is. Do I like her? I think I do, but I have only known her a short time. All I do know is that I want the chance to see he again, or talk to her. To know her.

"I just want the chance to know her" I confessed, "I'm curious"

"There's nothing you can do from here" he said, "Let it play out. It's late, we should head out"

I agreed and grabbed my coat, taking some time to say final goodbyes for the night. The air was cold as we stepped out of the hotel but I barely noticed it.

We got back to the apartment we were staying at and I fell back on my bed, already feeling defeated. That's exactly what I needed going into this season.

I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket and I pulled it out, vaguely interested in who or what it was.

Twitter: @sillylilyprust is now following you!

I felt my face light up before I even realized it and I sat up, checking my twitter. I looked at her page immediately. Her picture was one of her and her brother, from the past Christmas not even a month ago.

Yes, I am actually Brandon Prust's sister. Professional slacker. Enjoying the good life.

Montreal, Quebec


I laughed to myself as I scrolled through a few of her tweets. Some were pictures with friends, some were ridiculous and then there was one that had been tweeted only an hour ago. It was a bit misspelled because I knew she had been drunk, but it was the tweet itself that caught my attention.

well howabout thatt? it seems i actually feel thinsg

Terribly misspelled, but it was all the same to me, if that's what she meant.

I had to know, I had to give it a shot, right?

I clicked the follow button, but that's all I did. I didn't want to seem desperate, since I did already ask to call her. Maybe she would say something. Maybe she'll come to me.

It was about an hour later, the longest hour of my life, when my phone vibrated and lit up.

Direct message from @sillylilyprust: I'm sorry. I couldn't help myself, I had to follow your every move.

Even in the message I could sense the attitude that came with her message. I didn't mind.

Well of course. I could sense you were the stalker type.

I didn't think kissing a stranger made me a stalker, but oh well, a stalker I will be I guess

The conversation continued like that, back and forth into later hours of the night. It was concluded that I liked her, a lot, which made me angry because I knew for the team, Brandon, that I couldn't have her, I couldn't risk it.

But I'm also determined, ambitious and I go after what I want, full tilt. But I couldn't risk my spot on the team for someone who might not even work out.

What if it doesn't work out?

Ah, but what if it does?